Welcome to Faces in TheNight

We are a supernatural RP set in the entire state of New York and other worldly realms. This is an adult site which explores adult topics and themes. This site is intended for mature audiences aged 18 and over.

Angels
00 M
00 F
Demons
01 M
01 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
04 F
Merpeople
00 M
01 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
02 M
03 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
03 M
04 F
Witches
04 M
04 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

When you're driving through the moonlight, Trenton
Victoria Laurent
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 11:41 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 38

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Tori

Species // Human

Status // Single + Heterosexual

Artemis + Mountain + she/her

And almost as suddenly as the whole thing began, it ended.

All at once, the lights were turned out and they were all but shoved out the door with their prize in hand after the announcement and the grand ‘reveal’ was made. Frankly, she thought that the hosts and the cameramen were glad to get them out the door. They had not been ideal guests as there was too much chit-chat and not enough drama to entertain the audience, so she wouldn't be surprised if they were looking for more exciting couples to take their place. Well she supposed the feeling was mutual because she couldn't say she would miss them either.

Still, looking back on it all, Tori had to say that she was glad she had done it. Sure the whole game-show aspect was rather uncomfortable and there were definitely points when she doubted her decision to compete in the first place (mostly because the woman sitting next to her seemed a little too intent on death), but it all ended well. In the beginning, she wasn’t all too sure about winning a date with a complete stranger. Yes, she liked meeting new people but there was always that risk of meeting a complete weirdo, especially in a large city. In the years since she had moved, she had encountered some very strange folks and some experiences she did not care to repeat. But for all her fears and reservations, she was actually pleased with what had happened. She had won a date and frankly, she was happy about it.

When the grand reveal was made, Trenton, her mystery conversational partner, turned out to be a handsome young man with a sweet smile that matched the impression she got from him from his stories. Honestly, she had tried her best not to be vain and worry about what he looked like prior to that moment (she couldn’t get the sound of her father telling her not to judge a book by its cover) but when she caught sight of his handsome face; well, she couldn’t stop her cheeks from turning a little pink. Of course he happened to be sweet and good looking. And here she had been telling him about how she could touch her tongue to her nose. Dang she really should have rethought some of those answers...

So there they were; heading off to the boardwalk and onto another adventure with just the two of them. She tried her best not to seem too awkward but now that she had seen his face, she was a little nervous. And although she tried to not be too vain, she was really kicking herself for not putting a little more effort into her appearance prior to the show. He probably thought she looked rather lazy.

“So,” She said as they walked, trying to make conversation despite her nerves. “What would you like to do first?” Before them was a whole boardwalk of potential and they had a free pass to enjoy it all. Personally, she was thrilled that they had gotten this date. She wasn’t much for fancy living; it was too uncomfortable. But walking around and playing games all evening though? Yeah that was something she could get behind.

“If the host was being honest, I think we have pretty much unlimited options here.” Her smile widened and her cheeks dimpled as her excitement began to edge out her anxiety. How could she help it? She could see air hockey nearby and she adored that game. Did she get a little competitive? Maybe, but the end results were always well worth it. “So we can go wild,” She said, giving him another smile, still not too sure how he felt about everything. Was he disappointed in her? That was always a possibility, although she really hoped not. “If you want to of course.”

Sara
PM
^
Trenton Bishop
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 10:47 AM

Age // 44

Posts // 48

Rank // Beta

Nicknames // Trent

Species // Werewolf

Status // Single pringle + Heterosexual

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

It came as no surprise that once he had made a decision and the host said his outro that the lights were turned off and the people who had been encouraging them to keep the show rolling was now shoving them out into the city streets. The winter months didn’t bother Trent like they used to. Now he ran hotter and he liked to run naked in the snow… err for the most part. Still, he’d lived in NYC all his life and had grown accustomed to the weather. But he could never get used to how rude people could be here.

Then came the introduction of Victoria. Well he sure was glad he had picked her because he got a glance at the reaper and she looked like she needed a ten year shower. Trenton worked in a shop so literally everything had something sticky or slick on it that would leave fingerprints if you touched anything else. That was a little much though. And at least he could keep his grease in the shop.

Thankfully this wasn’t the case for Victoria. She was really pretty, which hand him hiding his hands in his pockets so he could hide his fidgeting. Nothing like a girl knowing you were nervous. Though he smiled a little when she blushed at him. Those dimples. Good god he just wanted to make her smile now.

Hopefully he hadn’t overdressed and made her uncomfortable. Having only worn the denim button up shirt because Clay wouldn’t let him leave without a nice shirt. At least he’d convinced her a tie was too much. The slacks were rather casual too, just something also not denim (he didn’t want to be that person) but paired nicely with the top. Dark in color so that they stayed nice for longer. In fact he felt a little too formal to just be playing arcade games. Oh well. At least he could show off some skills right?

Keeping his hands in his pockets, he smiled a little as she wanted to make polite conversation. Trying to think of a game they could play together first, it was always fun to see a competitive side even if these were just for fun. “Oh, how about air hockey? I feel like I haven’t played that in years!” Looking over at her briefly to gauge her yay or nay of the suggestion, Trent didn’t stare for too long. It wasn’t good manners plus he would get that butterflies in stomach feeling after so long.

Smiling along with her, he just couldn’t help it, he was starting to think that this date show had been a good idea. Would he have met Victoria just on the regular? He wasn’t sure. Trent was super positive it would have taken him half a year to ask her out though. Disappointed in her was not what he felt. Meeting new people was just so damn hard for him but there was something about her that really made him feel at ease. It was nice. “Let’s grab some tokens. Oh man, I see pinball machines. Man, I feel like an old man looking at all this stuff. I used to love arcades as a kid.” Tori probably didn’t know that Trent was older than he looked. Aging for him didn’t happen. Although he sure did wish he could grow some damn facial hair.

Walking up to the counter manned by one rather pimply adult, Trent mentioned the dating show and the man quickly plopped a large bag of tokens on the counter and told him to come up again if they run out. Trent wondered how much money this show had given to the arcade but didn’t really care either. Taking the bag with a tattooed hand, he turned and held it up to Tori. “Let’s game! Forgive me if I’m rusty.” The smile was likely permanent in his face now. He waited for her to lead the way to a game she was feeling like playing.

Artemis
PM EMAIL
^
Victoria Laurent
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 05:58 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 38

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Tori

Species // Human

Victoria wasn’t sure if the dating game had really been designed to match people up who would genuinely want to get to know each other. The reactions from the host and the camera people had been rather discouraging whenever her and Trenton had tried to extend their conversations beyond the allotted time and when it all finally ended, they had been practically thrown out of the premises. Thinking back on, she supposed that they were just looking for ways to inspire drama as drama always made for good television and when they refused to play along, well, they weren’t too thrilled about their deviations. Still despite it all, she was happy she had done it. Even though she doubted the intentions of the show’s producers, she was happy to have had the chance to meet Trenton. Honestly, she wasn’t sure if she would have met him under normal circumstances. Between work and school, she barely had time for herself anymore. And even if she had met him on her own, she wasn’t sure if she could pluck up the courage to ask him on a date.

“I love air hockey actually. Although I apologize in advance if I get a little competitive,” She warned with a teasing smile, trying not to appear too nervous or fidgety. How long has it been since she was on a date? The summer after high-school maybe? No no, there was that horrible date with that one musician that kept trying to get her to drink his special ‘brew’, but she hardly counted that as a date. The point of the matter was that she hadn’t really been out with someone in quite some time. She wasn’t very good at putting herself out there and while she liked meeting new people, she wasn’t particularly good at opening herself up to any potentially difficult situations. And dating had a lot of potential to become difficult.

Tori nodded in agreement at Trent’s proposal to grab some tokens, although his comment made her wonder exactly how old he was. From what he had admitted on the show, it was clear that he was a werewolf, so she couldn’t exactly guess what his age was. Physically, he looked like he was in his twenties, but she thought it would be rather rude to ask him outright, even if he was implying he was older than he looked. “There was an arcade in this pizza place by where I grew up. I used to have to beg my dad for quarters because I kept losing at pinball,” She laughed, figuring it was safer to stay on neutral ground for now. Maybe later when they were both more comfortable around one another, she would ask about the age thing. For now, it hardly seemed to matter. “I got better though. It took some time, but I did get better.”

Tori followed him to the counter and to her surprise, the show people had actually delivered and they got a sack full of tokens free of charge. “To be honest, I wasn’t sure if it would work!” But with their prize in hand, now it was time to pick a game. She scanned the arcade, looking for something they could do together. “I think I would like to start with air-hockey if that’s alright with you,” She decided with a smile, turning to lead the way to the table. As they walked however, she glanced down at his hands, trying not to invasive as she chanced a look at his tattoos. She could read some of the text tattooed across his hand, but not completely. She wondered what the significance was. “Can I look at your tattoos?” That was probably a little forward. Backtrack. “I mean, I like your tattoos. They look good on you. Very handsome.” Whoa that was even worse. Her cheeks were going pink again and she laughed, falling into her old anxious habit. “Ah I’m sorry. I guess I’m a little nervous. It’s been awhile since I’ve done this and you seem really great and I am happy that out of all the people on that silly show I could have ended up with, I ended up with you.”

She shook her head, trying to get back on track and not be so strange. This is why she never ended up on dates; she was far too socially awkward to be trusted to make conversation. “Sorry, that’s probably forward. I just mean I am happy for the chance to get to know you.” There, she could settle on that. It didn’t sound too creepy or desperate. At least, she hoped it didn’t. "We can play the game now if you want." Yup, better to take the easy route and take the escape route. Things were likely to get far less uncomfortable with the both of them focusing on something as benign as air-hockey.

Sara
PM
^
Trenton Bishop
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 09:18 PM

Age // 44

Posts // 48

Rank // Beta

Nicknames // Trent

Species // Werewolf

Status // Single pringle + Heterosexual

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

Trent couldn’t help but chuckle at her comment, “Oh no. I actually encourage it. Hopefully I don’t suck too bad and it’s like riding a bike.” Although when was the last time he could remember riding a bike? A dirt bike maybe? Being a mechanic you didn’t hoof it much of anywhere. That is unless he was in wolf form and in that case it was a little different. Now he was just thinking entirely off into space. Why did being around a pretty lady instantly make his brain melt into mush and he starts thinking like a complete idiot? At least he wasn’t babbling like one too. Perks of being an introvert; Trent was normally very quiet. He’d always had been as a child too. More of the observer than the leader or the one to take action.

It had been a long time since Trenton had gone out on a date too… actually… he couldn’t remember the last time. It wasn’t that he wasn’t interested in asking women out, it was more or less he had little nerve to do so. He was also completely unsure of what women liked to do. Trent felt like he totally lucked out with a lady who liked to play arcade games and would share greasy junk food with him. It was weird, even though he had a younger sibling and things she liked and stuff of that sort cake easy. He’d also known Barclay her whole life so maybe that’s what made it all the easier for him. Now was a good chance to learn the likes and dislikes of other women though, right?

He chuckled again. Was this a nervous tick? Trent was starting to think so. He noted the look of confusion on Tori’s face when he implied he was older. Thinking he should probably get that out in the open before it got completely out of context and him blurting out that he was really closer to fifty than he was to twenty one. “Full disclosure, I know I look like I’m like.. What nineteen?” His chuckle actually did sound nervous this time. “I’m actually forty-five. Perk of lycropanthy right? I uhh probably will never grow facial hair.” Rubbing his chin a little, this time the laugh was genuine. “Hopefully that’s not totally weird for you. I just err thought I should… share.” The grin he put on even felt awkward to him. Man he hoped he didn’t just fudge up this entire evening.

It had been so long since Trent had even thought about these types of games. “I loved pinball as a kid. It’s kinda sad seeing arcades like these going extinct. A real shame kids won’t know Dance Dance Revolution.” He had a dumb grin on his lips as he spotted the machine off to the corner of the place. Trent nodded in agreement, “Practice makes perfect.” It had taken him quite some time to get the hang of fixing and restoring cars. He was starting to move on to bigger vehicles. Even helicopters but that was a whole different beast and required some more education on his part.

Now with a pouch full of tokens, Trent smiled from ear to ear over at Tori. “Oh we’d still have played games until this place closes down for the night.” Narvik paid him generously for his work. Plus it would be a shame for this night to end prematurely. Motioning for Tori to lead the way, he followed behind but as a man’s eyes would usually go to a female’s backside, Trent kept his eyes up and looking at her.

When she asked to look at his tattoos, he looked a little surprised at first. But he smiled to reassure her this was fine. Placing the pouch of tokens on the air hockey table, he unbuttons his cuffs on is long sleeve shirt. Then he started to roll up his sleeves to expose his tattoos more. “Most of them are really silly, I don’t know I was young stupid and wanted tattoos.” Lifting one of his arms and showing her a forearm tattoo that said “Wolves” “This one is kinda significant though. I decided to get it after I finally came to terms with who I was. The first couple years of being a werewolf weren’t easy.” He felt like he was rambling a little and stopped himself. He didn’t mind showing his tattoos to Tori. Some people would just walk up to him, grab his arm and take a look. That was a good way to get slapped on the back of the head and a red faced ‘What the fuck?!’ but asking politely usually got a better response.

Trent then felt his face turning red as Tori confessed that she was glad that they had gone on this date together and that he’d picked her over the other person. Really it hadn’t been a total competition. She was sweet and the choice had been easy. “I’m glad I picked you. I don’t think I would have as much fun with the reaper girl. I know a couple reapers and man are they weird. Nice, but weird.” Trent then laughed a little, a nervous laugh to try and ease the awkward moment between them both. Man, he wasn’t made for this kind of situation. So, he plucked a couple tokens from the bag and put a stack of them on the edge of the table. “Don’t sweat it. This’ll be fun. Let’s play a couple rounds of air hockey so I can get my ass handed back to me.” He had a smile on his lips even though his face was still flushed a light pink. Sliding the token into the slot, he slid over Tori’s paddle and grabbed the other for himself. Picking up the thin little puck, he placed it on the table and slapped it over to her. “Show me those skills!” He said, blocking her shot and aiming for her own goal.

Artemis
PM EMAIL
^
Victoria Laurent
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 10:56 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 38

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Tori

Species // Human

Well, she thought to herself, at least he didn’t shy away from some healthy competition. When Victoria was in high school, she had a reputation for being a bit of a doormat. She was a little too nice and a lot too naive so people took advantage of her. She didn’t always notice it until later but she was quick to cut people out of her life if they did her wrong. But despite this lasting reputation, there was one thing no one could deny; she was competitive. When it came to athletics, all her meekness faded away and she was ready to move heaven and hell to come out on top. She wasn’t quite sure what brought about the strength of those feelings, but she couldn’t ever really stop herself. She loved the exhilaration of putting all of her effort into something and the sweetness of success. It was addicting in its own way. Now, Tori liked to think that she had calmed down since then but she knew she wouldn’t ever quite kick that competitive edge. Hopefully Trent was being honest and didn’t mind if she tried her best. Guys could be finicky about things like that, but Trent didn’t seem like the type. He was far more genuine then some of the others she had spent her time with. Of that much she could tell for certain.

Now she knew a little bit about werewolves. Considering how many supernatural creatures were running around, it was difficult not to know at least something. She didn’t consider herself an expert by any means but she did know that aging was basically obsolete for them. With that knowledge, she sort of figured that Trenton was a little older than he looked. She didn’t want to be rude and ask him about anything he might be uncomfortable with though, so she was content to wonder for the moment. But when he breached the subject himself, Tori couldn’t help but be surprised. Forty-five? Wow, she really wouldn’t have guessed. He looked so young. “It’s not weird for me.” Oddly enough, it really wasn’t. Maybe because she had already been prepared for something like that. Although she felt bad for making Trent feel awkward. “As long as it doesn’t bother you that I’m twenty-two.” That did feel a little young in comparison and for a moment, she worried that he couldn’t have any interest in someone who was so much younger. But they were enjoying each other’s company before, so what did it really matter? They were both consenting adults. “Ah well, I guess it’s good to get the awkward age talk out of the way right?” She smiled, trying to make him feel a little better. “I’m good if you are. Promise.”

Tori smiled at Trent’s nostalgia. That was something she could relate too. Even in her lifetime, she had seen the rise and fall of trends. Things she had once loved were now completely obsolete. How strange life was sometimes. “That it does,” She agreed, laughing as she remembered how many hours she spent playing games in her youth. Was it productive? Not necessarily, but she couldn’t say she regretted her efforts.

Tori smiled, happy to hear the implication that the evening wasn’t going to end anytime soon. That must mean that even with her awkwardness, Trent was enjoying his time with her. “I think we can make the rounds to all the good games before that happens,” She promised, her cheeks dimpling as she smiled back at him.

Dates, Tori decided, were completely nerve-wracking. She was overthinking everything and probably making a complete fool of herself, but Trent was still smiling at her like she wasn’t acting completely strange. He even unbuttoned his sleeve to show her his tattoos at her request, not even taking offense to her personal request. She gave him a grateful smile when he didn’t comment on her nerves and stepped closer to look at the various tattoos that dotted his skin. Some of them were a little silly but she smiled, finding that they added character and presented a clear picture of his personality. When he showed her the wolf one, she felt that she was being allowed to something personal and felt touched that he would show her. “It’s a lovely tattoo. It speaks to your strength.” She smiled and dared to touch the one on his hand. “Thank you for showing me. I appreciate it.”

She could see his face going a little red when she blurted out her gratitude and although she felt a little bad for embarrassing him, it was kind of nice to see that she affected him too. Although one piece of information stuck out and suddenly made the whole situation a whole lot clearer. “She was a reaper than?” Tori blinked and realization set in. “Ooh that makes so much more sense now. I was worried she was a serial killer and I was going to have to spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder for her.”

With the awkwardness starting to fade and the invitation to play out there, Tori figured it was time to get to what they had come here for; good, honest fun with game time. “Alright,” She laughed and took her spot on the other side of the table. “But don’t say I didn’t warn you.” She took the paddle that Trenton slid to her and got into position. When he smacked the puck at her, she returned it back, sending it zig-zagging down the table. “I forgot how violent this game was.” She laughed, trying not to get her fingers get caught in between the puck and the goal. That always smarted. She kept moving her hand, trying to aim for Trenton’s goal with no avail yet but so far, she was enjoying herself. Although she was tempted to just focus on the game, she wanted to get to know Trenton more so she divided her focus and tried to think of a good starting topic. Unfortunately, she wasn’t overly creative so she defaulted to what she knew. “So, you're a mechanic right? Where do you work Trent?” She felt lame for asking but she couldn’t think of anything better to ask. But then, she supposed the game-show hosts weren’t much better so she shouldn’t feel too bad for her lack of creativity.

"I have a friend with a brother who's a mechanic actually," She continued, remembering something Barclay had told her when they met the first time. "Maybe you know him. The last name would be Bishop and his sister owns this amazing flower shop."

Sara
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates