Welcome to Faces in TheNight

We are a supernatural RP set in the entire state of New York and other worldly realms. This is an adult site which explores adult topics and themes. This site is intended for mature audiences aged 18 and over.

Angels
00 M
00 F
Demons
01 M
01 F
Dragons
02 M
00 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
02 M
03 F
Merpeople
00 M
02 F
Reapers
00 M
03 F
Shape Shifters
02 M
03 F
Vampires
02 M
01 F
Werewolves
03 M
04 F
Witches
02 M
03 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Frozen Pipes, Sara/Trent/Closed
Aurora Dumont
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 02:11 AM

Age // 157

Posts // 21

Rank // Pack

Nicknames // Aurora

Species // Werewolf

Status // Single + Bisexual

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there Become so tired, so much more aware By becoming this all I want to do Is be more like me and be less like you

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Aurora woke up to six feet of snow burying her tiny cabin in the woods. She had been in New York for years now, but the amount of snow that the state got each other was obscene. How could six feet of snow just appear over night?! Well, maybe not over night. It had started snowing mid-day yesterday when she was out on a hunt. The flurries clung to her fluffy white pelt as they softly fell to earth and began to accumulate. Deer were beginning to be scarce as winter took the state by the horns and refused to let go. They would move on and go into hiding for the next couple of months. The snow was a sure sign that she would have to start cooking for herself instead of hunting. She hated cooking and all the things that came along with it. The cleaning and actual making of the food. It was just so much easier to go out for a hunt.

After stalking through the flurries for another hour she called it quits and headed back to her tiny cabin. For the rest of the evening she stayed in and watched as the snow built higher and higher like a little barricade around her home. Her home was something she had earned for herself a couple of months ago. Dagfinn had granted her a handful of acres to herself and the ability to build herself a new home. She would always have the house back at the compound, but little did Dagfinn know that this would just become her new home. They would be lucky to see her around the compound for more than meetings and celebrations. She enjoyed the privacy. While in heat she would be able to hide here. Other wolves were definitely asking for a bite in the ass if they crossed into her territory.

She woke up shivering. Even curled up in her many blankets she was freezing. Why was her room so dark? By this time the sun was usually greeting her soft fair skin. Without having to brave the even colder air outside of her blankets, she got out of the bed with them wrapped around her. She hobbled over to the window and peered out it only to be greeted by snow that was packed against the glass. Confused, she slowly made her way into the main living space of the cabin only to be greeted by the same thing. Snow was packed up against all four sides of her home. Her home was small and quaint, but it was just for her so there was no purposed in having something much bigger. When you first walked in you were greeted by the living room and a fireplace that touched the tall ceiling. Directly to your right was an open concept kitchen. She had been convinced to get a full kitchen instead of just the bare minimum. There was an island with a couple of stools and a small kitchen table that seated four. Right off that was her master bedroom and bathroom. There was an extra bathroom that was purely for guests when she had them. There wasn’t an upstairs to her home, but there was a small loft above her bedroom. She had only agreed to it for storage purposes. It was a small home, but she didn’t need any more room than what she had. The only guests she really had over were Trenton and his younger sister.

The only thing she had really wanted, which she got, was a door big enough for her wolf form to fit through. It was a large and heavy door. Well, it was probably heavy for a human, but for her it was easy to pull open and push closed. She moved over to the front door to assess the situation. She pulled it open to reveal the snow almost touched the top of her door frame. She was in awe. She needed to dig herself out. The snow was making her home almost too cold to stand. She couldn’t tell if the snow was still falling or not, but it needed to go. She tossed her blankets and pajamas onto the couch before shifting down onto all fours. She shook out her fluffy winter coat and began to dig her way out of. Snow came tumbling into her cabin, but she needed to be able to squeeze her way out before she could clear out a moat of clear ground around her home. Once she was able to do that, she pulled herself out of the opening and began to clear out as much snow as possibly.

She dug until she hit the frozen ground. It took her several hours, but she was able to clear out a seven-foot-wide moat all around her cabin. Her legs ached from the constant repetitive motions. She even was able to clear out a little path at the front door. Her fluffy coat was able to keep her warm enough to get the job done, but her paws were suffering. They were cracked and dry. A couple of the pads were starting the bleed a bit. She rested for a few moments to lick them to sooth the stinging. She whimpered as she moved into her home and shut the door, collapsing on the wood floors from exhaustions. She left behind little bloody pawprints as she did so. Her hands and feet were aching. She pulled herself onto her couch and wrapped her little nude form in her blankets. She couldn’t tell if things have gotten warmer or not. She was freezing and she felt as if her hands and feet were about to fall off. A bath would help. If she sat in just plain hot water maybe she would be able to do more things like build a fire.

So, her burritoed form hobbled into the small master bathroom and over to the bathtub she had originally been convinced she didn’t need… Turns out she hadn’t known what she was missing. Baths were the most relaxing things after a long day. They were her favorite thing after a small boarder squabble. She would just come home and sink her bruised and battered form into a hot bath to clean out any dirt and grime out of her wounds. If one didn’t know better they would say her best friend was her bathtub. That was a lie though. Her best friend, or at least really good friend, was Trenton, the packs Beta.

She dropped the blankets onto the icy cold bathroom floor and reached to turn on the hot water. Nothing. She tilted her head in confusion. She jiggled the handle and turned it on and off a few times. Nothing. Her brows knit in irritation. Why was everything just going wrong? She turned and tried her sink. Nothing. Not even a drop of water came out. She hurried into the living room and dressed in her pajamas once again. She tested the rest of her sinks and showers, but barely a drop of water was formed. She growled in frustration. She knew nothing about modern piping. She wasn’t all the handy when it came to tools. She did know a handy guy though… She scoured her house for her phone and dialed up Trent. He could probably use something to do. The AoA’s daughter was probably barking up his tree for a snuggle in this cold weather. Poor guy. He couldn’t say no, but he also couldn’t say yes.

“Trent?” She said hearing him pick up on the other end. “I’ve got a slight problem… My pipes aren’t producing any water and I don’t know what to do.” She said sounding truly frazzled on her end of the phone.

Sara
PM EMAIL
^
Trenton Bishop
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 09:10 AM

Age // 44

Posts // 24

Rank // Beta

Nicknames // Trent

Species // Werewolf

Status // Single pringle + Heterosexual

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

The wolves are at my door
Waiting for my empire to fall

When he woke up in the morning, he hadn’t quite anticipated being buried in his home with snow. He’d kept the fire going all night and since he’d set his bed up in the loft part of the small cabin he had on the Narvik compound, he’d stayed nice and toasty all night. He had even started the fire in his wood burner in the basement so all of the pipes in the house wouldn’t freeze. He’d spent many winters in New York. Some were more brutal than others. This one had just seemed very very cold. Apparently the snow clouds liked that so they’d poured it on in waves in the night.

After groggily dragging himself out of bed, he stripped off his pj’s and was out the door to at least dig a hole out of his home. Going back inside, he donned some warmer clothes to shovel the sidewalk and the space where Barclay’s garden was. All of the plants were in hibernation at present but they would come back in the spring. Regardless, he always kept the area clean of snow just because it was his little reminder of his sister at home. Once done clearing around his home, Trenton retreated back inside to have a hot cup of coffee. The coffee maker was on a timer and since he was a creature of habit, he was normally up around the same time everyday. Unless the day before had been particularly exhausting.

Trent was about to help himself to another steaming mug (boy was it really hitting the spot today) when he heard his phone ringing. He quickly hopped up from his chair to retrieve his phone by his bed and was a little surprised to see that Aurora was calling him. He answered as he was taking a drink from his mug (that coincidentally was a Game of Thrones mug that had the Stark wolf on it and “Winter is coming” underneath.) “Hey, Aurora. What’s up?” Blinking a few times listening to her, he nodded when she told him her running water wasn’t running. It had been so cold last night that it was likely her pipes frozen if she didn’t keep the whole house warm. It had happened to his parents’ cabin up near a ski lodge frequently. Trenton and his father would make trips up there to check on things when the weather was particularly cold outside.

“Sounds like your pipes are frozen. Hang tight, I’ll grab some supplies and borrow a vehicle or two and be right up. Keep warm. If you’ve got a fireplace, make sure to get it going.” After that he hung up and started to run around and gather some things up like a space heater, some extra wood, the rest of the fresh brewed coffee in a thermos and he could bet Aurora was hungry so he carefully packed some stuff for a hearty breakfast and some things to make some homemade chicken soup. He’d have to stop by the shop for his heat gun and a couple other things. He just hoped none of the pipes had burst and even if they hadn’t, he needed to hurry because they were a ticking time bomb at this point. Stuffing all these things in some bags, he dropped them off on his porch and he sprinted to the garage; it wasn’t far off from his homestead and he knew there was a truck he’d just put chains on the tires of. That could make it to Aurora’s cabin with little problem. He also hooked up a hitch to the back of the truck and put a trailer with a snowmobile on it. Trent knew Aurora couldn’t drive but this was more like riding a bike. Plus there was a lot less things to hit up there and it made getting around in the snow quickly a breeze. He knew she preferred to hunt more than make herself food.

Once everything was packed into the truck, he was on his way deep into the woods. He was never really sure if there was a road to Aurora’s cabin but he always tended to make one himself. Being in a big truck with four wheel drive made it really easy to carve a path. He’d been up to her cabin a couple times. She’d had trouble figuring out some of the things in her home and once a fuse had blown and she’d been in darkness for a while. It took him about twenty minutes to get there and he parked the truck next to the cabin. Hopping out of the vehicle, he brought his supplies with him and knocked on the door. “It’s me. I’ve come to unfreeze your pipes.” He snickered a little at that one, unable to stop himself. Looking down at the snow Aurora had clearly carved a path herself, he frowned to see that there was blood mixed in the snow. He hoped she was okay. There was probably a first aid kit in the truck if she needed it. “I brought some breakfast food and supplies for soup later.” Nothing warmed you up quite like chicken noodle soup.

Phoenix
PM EMAIL
^
Aurora Dumont
 Posted: Yesterday at 11:54 pm

Age // 157

Posts // 21

Rank // Pack

Nicknames // Aurora

Species // Werewolf

Status // Single + Bisexual

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there Become so tired, so much more aware By becoming this all I want to do Is be more like me and be less like you

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

She listened to Trent on the other end of the phone. It was a comfort to know she had someone she could count on. He gave her all the space she needed, but when she needed him, he somehow made room in his schedule. She couldnt ask for a better friend. Somehow, he understood her without having to know all the dirty background details on her. He never asked and it didnt seem to bother him that he didnt know much. She didnt know where she would be without him. She probably would have left this pack after joining it if he hadnt been there to convince her to stay.

She listened to him and nodded to herself. She glanced over at the fireplace, feeling dumb for not starting a fire in the first place. I can do that Thank you Trent. She said before hanging up. She sat her phone back on the charger and headed over to her fireplace. She usually never carried her phone on her. She didnt see a need for it. Nobody was really calling her considering she could count on her hand how many people she gave her number to. It was always on silent too. She didnt need the constant dinging of her emails to bother her. She came out so far from the heart of the compound to get away from the noise and ruckus. She certainly didnt need something beeping in her back pocket. Or in this case on her kitchen counter.

She headed over to the pyramid of logs beside her fireplace. She knew with the snow coming she wouldnt want to have to go outside everything the fire started to die down. She know why she hadnt let her fire burn on all night long. If it began to die she would have smelt it and woke up to put more logs on it. She had cause this problem of hers and she had not a clue how to fix it. She took a couple of decent sized logs and placed them in the fireplace before lighting them. She had another fireplace in her bedroom, but one would be good enough for now. She pulled her comforter off the couch and curled up in it beside the fireplace. She rested her cheek on the tall hearth and let the fire warm her face. She ignored the stinging of her palms. She had meant to wrap them in gauze and an ace bandage, but she was too tired to do so. Trent was on his way and if it was bad enough he would make her take care of it.

She must have dozed off in the time it took him from get to her because the next thing she knew there was knock on the door. She blinked awake and lifted her head to peer at the door. Hold on! She called to him and rubbed her eyes. With the blanket draped around her, she headed over to the door and let him. Hurry, its freezing out there. She said as he came in. She quickly shut the door behind him with a shiver from the chilling breeze. Thank you for coming so quickly. She said, pulling the blanket tightly around her small form. I put on a fire and its warmed up a bit. She said and paused. Im sorry. Hi. She said with a half-smile, forgetting her manners for a minute. She let him put all things in his hands down before hugging him from the side. You didnt have to bring all that stuff. I have food I think She said, biting her lower lip, not sure whether she actually had stuff in her fridge for a meal.

Sara
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates