Welcome to Faces in TheNight

Welcome to New York, home of the city that never sleeps. That couldn’t be more true. Angels and Demons play tug-o-war with souls while Reapers look to claim them and take them to their rightful destination. Humans fight to be heard while Witches fear to be seen. Shape shifters are the outcasts of this world, but refuse to be put down. Werewolves claw to be at the top of the food chain, but Vampires are always plotting and scheming to be superior. Just like the land, the waters are also teeming with life as the Merpeople have their own network of life and enemies to defend against. Valyrian is a bustling realm of Elves and Dragons that fight their own war.

Welcome to a world where nightmares come to life. The day time isn't all that safe either. Who do you align with? Where do you stand in this crazy life? Or will you be just another face in the night?

Thread of the Month
Pair of the Month
Female of the Month
Male of the Month
Angels
00 M
00 F
Demons
01 M
02 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
02 F
Merpeople
00 M
00 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
04 M
03 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
03 M
02 F
Witches
04 M
04 F

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Petals and Thorns | 11 am | Barclay
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 01:05 AM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Status // In a "Relationship" with Avery Bogard + Homoflexible

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

It was a fairly nice day out. The wind wasn’t too brisk and the streets were the normal style of busy. Then again, it was hard to hate a fall day with all the trees changing colors and ginkgo leaves falling everywhere. This was also her favorite time of year. How the leaves would change so easily like the shift from day to night and a bunch of other poetic shifts. They were also much better with words than Reuben was and he knew they'd have some new comparison between nature and themselves if they were here. Or a new joke to cheer him up with.

Even as he walked down to the flower shop, however, he wasn’t actually upset. He had a smile on his face and a pep in his step. This was perusal when he went to see them. They wouldn’t have wanted him to be down or depressed and few could be upset going to get flowers. This particular location was new to him. He’d only been going for a few months as the florist he went to before had gone out of business. This new place gave him a different feel, especially with the name “Petals &Thorns.” It felt right up her alley. A place they would have frequented, Ben was just going in their stead.

Greeted by a crisp chime, Ben took his time getting through the space. The plants in the shop—herb and flora alike—seemed to reach out and welcome him. The curly haired witch figured it was the magical feeling of the shop. Even as a magic user himself, he didn’t get to have that feeling often and he looked forward to it. His bright blue jacket stood out amongst the greenery as he wandered through the shop, seeing what new floral designs the shop owner had come up with. Getting a bit too wrapped up in staring he bumped into one of the baby trees in the shops, suddenly getting an unexpected branch of leaves and blooming flowers in his hair.

“S-sorry little guy…” he said, to the tree, trying to right the situation and adjusting the branch he’d gotten caught in. Always the dunce, Benny boy…

Barclay Bishop
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 12:43 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 54

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Straight

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Humming a happy tune to herself, Barclay was watering some succulents and cactus behind the counter of her shop. Neither needed a ton of water and survive for a while without it. They were very resilient plants. It’s what she loved about them. She had her own little succulent garden upstairs in her living room on a window sill. The loved the sun and the warmth that it gave off. She liked to think she was like a succulent. Resilient and hardy. Place her in a situation and she would find her way out. She was strong willed and had a slight stubborn streak. She liked to think her brother and she were similar in that way.

She was refilling her pitcher in the back of her shop when she heard the happy little chime of the bell. She had a customer. She finished pilling the pitcher and headed to the front of her shop. She spotted a handsome gentleman with dark curly hair and neatly shaven goatee. “Welcome.” She said with a warm and welcome smile. No one could ever say the little witch wasn’t friendly. She was always willing to give new people and experiences a try. She set the pitcher down on the counter and watched him for a moment. “If there is something I can do for you, please let me know.” She said and turned to finish watering her thirsty little plants.

She listened to him quietly as he shuffled through her shop. She continued humming her happy little tune as she poured an acceptable amount of water into each tiny pot. She made a mental note that a couple of them needed to be repotted into something bigger. She didn’t want to stunt their growth. It was bad for business.

She paused at the sound of the handsome man colliding with something. She put her pitcher down and peered over her shoulder to see he had bumped into one of the baby trees. She wanted to laugh, but she caught herself. As he struggled with the branch and pretty flowers in his wild curls, she coaxed the plant out of his hair with her magic. “He accepts your apology.” She said softly as she stood before him now. “Is there something specific you are looking for?” She asked, clasping her hands together in front of her and tilting her head a bit.

Calix
PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 03:21 AM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

Feeling like quite the idiot, Ben eventually managed to get his hair free of the tree. The magic that he’d sensed before shifted, awakening just enough to assist him in his free dome. Making sure that he didn’t break any branches. Although he didn’t have the space to grow much more than what would fit on a windowsill, his mother had grown many things when he was a child. Nearly everything had some kind of magical purpose in the long run and he knew Avery would flip out over having a tree growing in their living room. Though that day wasn’t about his darling boyfriend, it was about them. Where the store attendant may have taken mercy on his pride, they wouldn’t have.

“Good to know he’s not gonna come after me,” Ben chuckled, glancing back at the tree as he came up to the counter. His eyes continued to wonder. There were so many different types of plants in this place…Could it have been that familiarity that was filling the place with calm? Only then did he finally make eye contact with the woman who spoke. Beneath his shirt, there was a purple hue, his amulet greeting the vibes of another witch. Ben just knew—couldn’t possibly run a shop like this and not be a magic user of sorts.

“Actually, these are for a friend of mine,” the curly haired man announced, eyeing a few bouquets near a window. Ben was looking for something that jumped out at him. “This friend is...all about brightly colors. Loves stuff that screams attention but has a harmony to it...you know?” It was always hard to really describe what he was looking for and not sound like one of his clients that wanted to be wowed but gave him no clues. Looking to the woman to see if she was getting what he was trying to summon, he struggled with his words a little. “I mean, I’m sure they love roses, but…an unusual color or paired with something unexpected. yea! I mean…Sorry...tell me if I’m sounding too crazy…I’m just trying to cheer up their day.” He was rambling now, excitedly rattling off his idea and barely giving her a moment to step in. Ben was all smiles as he tried to explain himself, but he was sure he looked and sounded equal parts nervous.

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 11:40 PM

Age // 24

Posts // 54

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay could tell the man was rather embarrassed about his little run in with the young sapling. The plant would be fine. It was starting to get to be too big for her little shop though. The branches kept getting in the way and she could only manipulate the tree so much until she had to face the fact that it was just too big. Maybe she would donate it. Or plant it at her brother’s place. Yes. That was a splendid idea. She would have her brother come pick it up at some point and she would just plant it the next time she went out there. It would look so lovely outside of his garage. It was a young orange tree so it would easily be able to get used to the land around it once she permanently planted it. Trent would probably enjoy the juice it would bring when it matured.

She let out a little laughter that she had been holding in from when he bumped into the tree. “He’ll come after you if I make him. Nobody got hurt so no harm, no fowl.” She said with a delicate shrug. She wasn’t joking though. Through her powers she felt as if she could really communicate with the plants and trees. Of course, she talked to them like they were going to talk back, but if she really focused her energy she could sense the inner working of the plant and sense if it needed something. More water, more light, more room, anything along those lines. She could also sense when they were sick or injured. She could heal a sick tree within minutes or mend a snapped stem. Plants weren’t just her power, they were her passion as well.

Being as observant as she usually was, her eyes instantly drifted to the glow coming from under his shirt. It was faint, but it quickly caught her eye. Nothing changed about her features though. She remain her normal friendly self. Was he another witch? Probably. Who else would carry around a magical amulet like that? It didn’t really matter to her though. Everybody was welcome in her shop unless they meant her harm. They handsome fellow didn’t seem like he would hurt a fly considering he had apologized to her tree after bumping into it. She was friends with a demon for crying out loud. If she could befriend a demon then she could befriend anybody, right?

She listened as he talked about the friend he wanted to get flowers for. She just nodded, noting that he was eyeing some of the bouquets in vases at the front of the store. She peered at the bouquets and shook her head. No. Those wouldn’t do. They weren’t special enough. She would make something from scratch. She just smiled and laughed a bit when he claimed he was sounding too crazy. “No. I understand where you are coming from. You want something custom to them. There is nothing wrong with that.” She said and tapped her fingers on the counter for a minute as her bright blue gaze swept over the shop. “I can make you something… I have an idea. Hold tight for one second.” She said before turning away and disappearing to the back of her store and heading into her freezer. She picked through the various plants she kept back there and snipped a flower from a potted bush. Careful not to prick herself, she took the flower, locked up her freezer and headed back to the counter.

She smiled, presenting him with the flower. “This is called the Juliet Rose. They are extremely rare and can be quite pricey… But that’s if you don’t get them from me.” She smiled and held it out for him to take it. “It’s a genetically modified rose, but it’s beautiful and exotic looking. They are odd, but very intriguing. People spent millions of dollars and years trying to perfect this flower, but it only took me five months to figure out how to grow my own.” She said with a little bit of a shrug as she dragged about her skills. She kept her expression humble and friendly though. “They aren’t a crazy color, but they certainly are fun to just look at.” Her bright blue eyes went from admiring the flower in his hand and to his face. “I can find something else if you aren’t interested.”

Calix
PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 02:46 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

As ramble as the witch felt, this gal seemed to just get him. He just wanted everything to be perfect. He wanted his friend to feel remembered. A small part of him wondered if perhaps he was asking too much, but she stopped him before Ben could try and down his own comments. Next thing he knew, the young witch had disappeared into the back room to look for what she had in mind. Ben loitered at the front, eyeing a few smaller plants on the counter. Obviously, there were a few succulents, being tiny and cute. There were also some varied green one, Ben reaching out to stroke one of its leaves. They all looked wildly healthy. So much good energy in the store.

He was still playing with one of the plants leaves when the proprietor came back. A Juliet rose. He’d never seen anything quite like it. It was a lovely color, but its petals were very reclusive. They were sold in his mind long before she finished, Ben’s eyes brightened with wonder as he took the flower, twirling it carefully between his fingers. “they're beautiful…” Ben started, but his voice trailed off and his face fell. Glancing up at her, he moved to hand the flower back.

“I….can’t take this.” blurted out before he really knew how to say it. “I mean, they’re really nice, but I feel like this one, its’ so rare…might be a waste. I um…” Suddenly sounding more nervous than he had been, he rubbed the back of his neck, eyes on the flower. “These…these are for a friend’s grave. They’re AMAZING and I know their spirit would appreciate them, but these? I could not take these at some discount…”

Man, how dumb did he sound? “I’m sorry….I know I said I wanted something special, and I still do, but I just…I couldn’t…” he muttered, gazing down at the counter. “Maybe…something else? Actually…anything else you’ve got would be perfect.”

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 01:23 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 54

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

The more she observed the witch before her, she began to think about how similar they were. He seemed quite shy, but also really sweet. Barclay was always one to try and make friends with those outside of her shop. Nothing would be different here. She was her usual friendly and welcoming self like she was to everybody around her. She believed everybody deserved a first chance no matter who they were or what they had done. That’s how she found herself with a demon for a good friend. They were an unlikely duo, but what did she care? She had shown him kindness and it seemed to resonate with him. Maybe he was still a little human after all. That’s what she liked to think anyways.

She smiled as he took the flower between his fingers, careful not to prick himself on the thorns. He seemed quite sold on the flower at first. His warm brown eyes sparkled with enthusiasm as she told him about the beautiful little rose. She still couldn’t believe she had them in her shop. She only had the one bush as she was having a hard time replicating them again. She was close. She just needed to get the combination right. She had written it all down, but something just wasn’t right. Ah well. She would get it to work out soon enough. Success was close and she could taste it. She tilted her head a bit as he complimented the flower, but trailed off because of the lack of word. She was a bit confused and even more so when he tried to hand the flower back.

She frowned a bit when he admitted he couldn’t take the flower. She knew a whole bouquet of these flowers were extremely expensive, but she wasn’t in the business for the money. She could care less about money in general. She could be just as happy as she was now if she were living in her own little tiny house (which her brother was having built for her as they spoke) and living off the land. Money and material things didn’t appeal to her in the slightest. She loved her shop and she loved her customers, but if she had the choice she would abandon the city and just live off the small parcel of land her brother owned. She really did love her job though so doing such a thing wasn’t much of an option. She just loved to make people smile. If she could do that for the rest of her small life then she would be happy with it.

She quietly took the flower from him as he explained why he fumbled around with words to try and explain why he couldn’t take the flower. She just gave an encouraging smile and waited patiently. She had the patience of a saint. When it came to having a werewolf brother who was quite impulsive while having a guilty conscious, you kind of had to. She slowly nodded as he finally explained what the flowers were for. A grave. “I understand. Thank you for being honest. A lot of people would have just taken them without caring.” She said softly and glanced down to admire the flower between her fingers. She could make him something beautiful. “It’s ok. I can make something just as beautiful. Don’t worry about it.” She said with a smile. “I’ve got another idea.” She said and whirled around to go back to the walk in. She whispered a soft sweet song to her flower and allowed it to attach back to the place where she cut it from.

She exited the freezer and locked it up again. She headed back out and moved around her counter, waving him on to follow her. She moved over to her lily table where many variety of lilies were planted in soil. “Lilies are my favorite flower. They come in so many varieties and it’s easy to find one that fits the occasion or person.” She said and gestures at the many kinds of lilies all thriving together. “Take your pick and I can pair them with something just as lovely.”

Calix
PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 07:58 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

Ah man. He felt like such a dolt coming into this amazing little shop, making this big show of buying the best thing, only to turn down easily the best thing in the shop. They would have been a puddle of grace over such a bouquet if they were still alive, but Ben felt far too much guilt to snatch up the deal. It was all fine and good to support local, but was it really supporting them to use such amazing product that way? Yea, Ben really could do this.

Though, this shop owner didn’t turn on him. Didn’t give him any dirty looks for his seemingly silly notions. Nope. She just waited for him to finish his almost mumbled explanation. And then said she understood and was on to the next idea. “I'm really sorry to have wasted your time tho. Uh…I should have opened with that…” the witch said, eyes on the counter and ignoring the imagined seething look from the plants there.

The femme witch then disappeared into the back, before Reuben could change his mind. He tapped his finger against the counter, glancing back towards the entrance. When she reemerged Ben opened his mouth to speak but watched as she simply moved past him and beckoned him to follow. A hesitant step behind her, Ben smiled as they came across an area stocked with lilies.

“Heh…lilies are my favorite too…” Ben finally perked up, reaching out to touch one of the blooms. His hand was drawn to some light pink ones, their edges white and daring to be noticed. They also sat next to a grouping of bright orange ones with a delicate yellow center. “It’s funny really…No one ever asks if guys like flowers, ya know? I can’t grow anything at my current place and the very few green ones I have just don’t make it unless they’re succulents…Probably the energy in the place…”

Leaving the vague comment in the air, he cleared his throat and turned to the wispy woman. “You know what? I’ll take two bouquets. One of these pink ones and one of the orange, for myself. If no-one gives you flowers, best to buy your own…right?” His smile was less nervous, the energy of the shop hard to keep so worried. “How much? I’ll pay double for each! You’ve earned it from me being all talk when I came in…” He reached for his wallet, ready to pay anything to such a patient tender.

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: May 7 2018, 12:30 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 54

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay could tell he felt sort of bad for turning down her offer. She wasn’t offended in the slightest though. She was more impressed than anything else. An average person would have just taken the infinitely beautiful flower and went on their way. A thief would have bought it then tried to sell it for what it was really worth. In a way the little ginger witch was sort of a thief herself. She hadn’t really stolen anything, but she had produced her own version of the pricy flower and had them stored away in her walk-in. She was fairly certain if the right person caught her she could get into a small amount of trouble, but that didn’t matter much to her. She merely enjoyed making people smile. She believed it was her kindness that brought people back to her quaint little slice of paradise.

She shook her head when he mentioned that he should have opened with the fact that he was buying flowers to place on a person’s grave. “No no. It was really none of my business in the first place what you wanted them for. People buy flowers for all occasions. Happy ones, sad ones. There is a flower for everything.” She said with a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry about it. It’s not a big deal.”

Her bright blue gaze moved over the pots of lilies. She had almost ever species of lily imaginable. She loved them very much. What she didn’t have growing up front, she had in seed packets on the back on ice and several others in her walk-in. “They are beautiful. I can’t imagine why someone wouldn’t love a lily.” The color range they came in was just astounding. Anything from the deepest darkest red to the brightest pink. She hoped to one day develop her own lily. She was a small dream of hers so be able to do so. They were stubborn plants though and getting them to do what she wanted them to do was damn near impossible. She would find the right spell and the right seeds to figure out though. She had faith in the process.

She peered over at him as he spoke about men liking flowers and no being able to grow flowers in his place. She wondered why that was. Maybe he didn’t have a green thumb like she did. Some people just couldn’t keep the simplest of plants alive. It was a sad fact. “I think anybody can find beauty in anything. If you like flowers then you like flowers. It’s as simple as that.” She said with a shrug then looked back at the planted flowers. “Succulents can be beautiful. You just have to find the right one.” She said with a shrug. She had a bunch up in her apartment, but had dozens of them down here in her shop. She wasn’t sure what he meant by ‘the energy of the place,’ but she was sure it was some sort of inside thing.

She turned to him as he spoke and nodded a bit, frowning a bit when he said he would be buying the flowers for himself. “Well, how about a bouquet and a potted lily? A bouquet will eventually die since they aren’t planted. My flowers last longer than your average supermarket flower, but they will die. If you do a potted lily, it’ll live and you’ll be able to care for it.” She suggested. “There is no need for that. It’ll just be forty dollars.” She turned to the flowers and pulled a pot of the pink lilies and a pot of the orange ones. “Which I for you and which is for your friend?” she asked and led him back to her counter so she could prepare the bouquet.

Calix
PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: May 8 2018, 08:46 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

She instantly put his concerns at ease. He’d been so worried about her scoffing at his desire to give her flowers to the dead that he hadn’t expected her to be quite so understanding. Yes, a shop had to make its money to stay open, but it was still a hard pill to swallow, learning just what a customer is planning to do with your hard work. Even with magic, he was sure that the young woman put her heart into this.

“I have a few succulents….It’s just…my…roommate isn’t much for plants in the house,” Ben finally admitted. He’d had a childhood rich in plants—given how much time he spent outside, but growing things now seemed impossible. Maybe because he was tired all the time and just couldn’t give them the attention they craved? He didn’t get to talk to them unless Avery was out of the house and often times he simply came home to crash from his exhausting week. His flowers were sad flowers. all around…

The young shop owner immediately started talking him into a potted Lilly. It would last longer and have room for growth, longer than a week or two. The idea of that warmed his heart a bit, but he started shaking his head. “I don’t think I should…If I really put some effort into it, I could grow anything I wanted. I used to regularly grow healing herbs with my mother in some of the worst conditions. It was kind of fun actually,” Reuben said more to himself than the listener. “But I’m pretty sure the negativity radiating at my place is what does them in. My roommate isn’t...always the most positive person, but he can be incredibly sweet. I’ve come home to plants sitting in the shade because he didn’t want them blocking the window for his smoke sessions.” He started to sound increasingly frustrated, holding his wallet a little tighter. “I just…” but then he sighed and loosened his death grip, feeling that hopelessness creep in.

“I’ll just take the bouquets…I’ll feel less horrible if they die that way,” he said pulling out two twenties like she requested. His brows were knit together, but not out of anger so much as succumbing to the reality he often forced himself into. Avery just never liked the things he was into. He’d joke about the plants taking over the house when there was more than 3 at a time.

In the end, he was always giving in to something.

“The orange ones are for me. There’s almost no color in the house. I think they’d be nice…especially if they last a little while…” he tried to sound hopeful but expected to endure some argument over random bullshit. It’d be worth it. It would be so worth it. Just something for himself, for once.

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: May 22 2018, 03:23 PM

Age // 24

Posts // 54

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

People bought flowers for all sorts of occasions. Happy ones, sad ones, and sometimes for no special occasion at all. She knew it was none of her business what a customer did with her flowers, but it was nice to hear what they were for if they were willing to share. She had one customer who went on an awful large amount of dates, but he was her friend and she always asked how they went the next time he came in. He spared her any sexual details, but told her the sweet little details she was hoping to hear. She didn’t go on dates, well, at all so she tended to live vicariously through others. Maybe leaving flowers at the grave of an old friend wasn’t the happiest occasion, but it was a kind gesture. Not one people did very often. It just showed what a kind soul he was.

It was a little saddening hearing that he roommate didn’t shade a love for plants like he did. They were just so lovely and brightened any small space. How could one not like plants? Well, it was their loss. “That’s unfortunate for them… They are missing out.” She said, keeping a cheery smile on her face.

She was surprised he turned down her offer of a potted plant for himself, but she didn’t try to continue to talk him into it. She didn’t want to upset him further. “I grow herbs behind the counter there,” She said while gesturing to the counter where her cash register sat, “And upstairs in the window above my kitchen sink. I even have some growing in a little green house on the roof. There’s nothing better than fresh herbs.” She said and pushed a ginger lock behind her ear. He seemed a little lost in a memory for a moment before coming back to the present. She wasn’t sure what to say about the negativity of his roommate. It didn’t exactly sound like a healthy atmosphere for anything to thrive and grow, but that wasn’t any of her business. She didn’t even know this man’s name…

“Two bouquets it is then.” She smiled softly as she began to cut the flowers from their pots. She turned to the shelves behind her and pulled two clear pieces of clear bouquet wraps and set them out as he spoke. She grabbed some small purple flowers called wild hyacinth for an accent and some small multi-colored ferns to stick into both bouquets. They would look lovely where ever he put them.

“Orange tended to liven up anywhere. You can put them in a cave and it would instantly make the place warmer.” She said with a smile and as she banded the flowers together at the bottom with a rubber band and placed them in their individual sleeves. “I’m Barclay by the way.” She said softly. “If you ever want to talk or sit amongst the flowers your more than welcome to just stop by. I have a garden on the roof and a little sitting area. I could make some tea.” She said with a pause. “Only if you really want to. It’s just an offer. You won’t hurt my feelings if you don’t.” She said with a shrug and placed the bouquets in front of him. “There you go.” She rung him up and took the two twenties from him, nestling them in the cash drawer and shut it. He seemed like sometimes he just needed an escape and she thought she would offer one.

Calix
PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 11:59 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

Ben would have loved to just grow some herbs in the house. Have some fresh rosemary and thyme for focaccia or chicken or anything really. Though he truly felt like Avery would just ensure they wilted. No one likes a sad bay leaf.

“I’m jealous you have so many plants, but I know they’re in the most amazing care. There really is nothing like fresh herbs…” he said, nodding along. He was a little curious about her greenhouse above the building, but the witch felt like he’d taken up enough of this woman’s time and energy. Instead, he watched her work her magic, putting two beautiful bouquets together like a harmony that he could never complete on his own. He had a green thumb for herbs, but to organize a bouquet even half as nice seemed impossible. Reuben was grateful that he’d come to the right place.

“It will be the fire on our mantel or maybe on the kitchen table. The sun shines in really nice in both places,” Ben said, finally smiling a little more. He tilted his head as she announced her name, an unusual if not old name if he ever did hear one. It brought for a thought of like the dark ages. Yet the moment she spoke it, he couldn’t imagine saying anything else. She then offered him a bit of relaxation in her greenhouse and he found himself a bit speechless. Ben would surely have to return now.

“Oh….I…thank you Barclay. How could I very well turn down such an invite? Especially knowing you grew the tea yourself?” This was quite the offer and he’d be a dolt to let it wither away like his patience with his roommate. He touched the two bouquets as if he was admiring something pure and precious. “You did a wonderful job…I think they would have fainted over these,” the witch chuckled, imaging the diva style faint across a chaise. Such was their style.

“My name is Reuben. Again, really, thanks for being so patient.” his soft gaze meeting Barclay’s and a smile stretched wide across his face. Then something occurred to him. Although she wouldn’t take any more money for her services….maybe she would want a lead. ”You know…I work at a hotel. I don’t have any cards on me, but the Burgundy Suites could really use some spectacular arrangements.” Picking up his flowers in both arms, he nodded towards her as he turned to leave. ”When I come back, I’ll bring some cards with me, Promise!

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Today at 01:43 am

Age // 24

Posts // 54

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay just smiled when he said he was so jealous that she had so many plants. “They are a lot of work, but they are worth it.” She said softly as she worked. She cared very much so about her plants. They were always there for her when she needed something to whisper her secrets to. That made her sound crazy, but it was true. She felt the same about her cats as well. Call her the crazy cat and plant lady, but she didn’t have many friends to start with. That was probably her fault to start with considering she was such a homebody. Only she could really solve that problem though. Nobody could force her to go out or do things she wasn’t comfortable with.

“I’m sure they’ll look beautiful where ever you place them. They’ll brighten up any room you decide to decorate with them.” She said rather confidently. She had all the confidence in the world that her flowers were the best in the city. They were the brightest in color and the longest lasting. Of course they would only last for so long without her magic flowing to them, but they would last longer than any other flower on the market.

She hoped she wasn’t being too forward in inviting him back to her place for tea at some point. She just hoped he took the invite. He looked like he needed some sort of company outside of the rather peculiar roommate he claimed to live with. She wasn’t one to judge anybody. She lived a rather judgement free life, but something about his living situation just… didn’t seem right. There was nothing she could truly do about it. She didn’t know this man at all. All she knew was that he was somewhat timid and looking to honor an old friend today. How sweet. “Thank you. I hope I did them justice.” She said with a soft smile, watched as he admired her little creations.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Reuben. And it’s no worry at all.” She was always available to listen and help others. She liked to think it was her calling. He seemed much happier than he had been when he strolled into her little shop. She was glad. She felt accomplished. She tilted her head a bit when he mentioned he worked at a hotel that could possibly be in the market for some flower arrangements. She smiled brightly at the small tidbit of information. “Oh really? Well, I wouldn’t mind the business. I’ll have to give them a ring.” She said, watching as he scooped up the bouquets before turning to head out. She was glad he fully intended on coming back to her. “I hope to see you soon Reuben!” She called after him, the happy little bell ringing as he left. Silence fell over the shop again and Barclay let go of a sigh. It was back to work for her.

Calix
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates