Welcome to Faces in TheNight

Welcome to New York, home of the city that never sleeps. That couldn’t be more true. Angels and Demons play tug-o-war with souls while Reapers look to claim them and take them to their rightful destination. Humans fight to be heard while Witches fear to be seen. Shape shifters are the outcasts of this world, but refuse to be put down. Werewolves claw to be at the top of the food chain, but Vampires are always plotting and scheming to be superior. Just like the land, the waters are also teeming with life as the Merpeople have their own network of life and enemies to defend against. Valyrian is a bustling realm of Elves and Dragons that fight their own war.

Welcome to a world where nightmares come to life. The day time isn't all that safe either. Who do you align with? Where do you stand in this crazy life? Or will you be just another face in the night?

Thread of the Month
Pair of the Month
Female of the Month
Male of the Month
Angels
00 M
00 F
Demons
01 M
02 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
04 F
Merpeople
00 M
01 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
02 M
04 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
03 M
03 F
Witches
04 M
04 F

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

New Friends, Artemis/Victoria/Closed
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 07:34 PM

Age // 24

Posts // 52

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Straight

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Weddings.

Barclay loved weddings. They were so pretty and the bride always looked so beautiful. She had gone to a couple of weddings as a young girl and had even been the flower girl once or twice. Maybe it was just destined that she was a plant witch. Her favorite part of a wedding was when the groom saw the bride for the first time in her dress. Almost everybody looked to the bride when the doors opened or she rounded the corner, but she looked to the groom. It was a beautiful moment for sure. That was when you knew for sure that the groom loved the bride.

Today she had to one of her first weddings to decorate for. She had a few that booked all around the same time, but this was her first one. She didn’t get to see the ceremony, but when the bride and groom saw the reception area for the first time they were in disbelief. They complemented her heavily on her flowers. She assured them that they would still be this fresh when they returned from their honeymoon. Since the wedding was so close to Christmas their theme was Winter Wonderland. The colors they had chosen were burgundy with touches of white and silver. It was a lovely palette and something she could definitely work with. They were doubtful that she could get the flowers she had promised, but anything was possible with a bit of magic.

They hadn’t wanted any roses which was understandable. They were overdone. They didn’t want anything too summery, but she had artist freedom to pick out the right flowers. She had thirty table settings, seven bouquets, and seven boutonnieres. She also had some flower baskets to put together for the flower girls. Those would be fake flowers so that real flower wouldn’t being tossed all over the place. They would be silk though so that they looked realistic. The bride was fine with this. The center pieces were her own custom creation. Amaryllis was usually a bright red, but with some finagling she was able to create a white flower with little burgundy tips to its anther. She also added some white and frosty looking sticks with crystals dangling from them. She did similar things to the bouquets and simplified the boutonnieres. She was happy with the way things turned out.

Since she had the whole day, she opened the shop took care of the rest of the rest of her plants. She opened the apartment door and let free her three little beasts, allowing them full run of the store. Sometimes she regrets doing this, but being pinned up all day they needed to run off some energy. She let the three mewing cats run passed her and down the stairs. Instantly Bramble darted to play with the flowers that dangled down just above his head. The kitten was very easily amused and it amused her. Dressed in the lovely little Christmas dress, Barclay flipped the 'Open' sign on and opened the blinds. She moved behind her counter and perched on her stood. Thistle jumped up onto the counter to get some love and Barclay happily obliged the older cat.

Artemis
PM
^
Victoria Laurent
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 05:40 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 40

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Tori

Species // Human

Status // Single + Heterosexual

Artemis + Mountain + she/her

The kitten had been a present from her father when she first left home. They had always had cats running around the house when she was growing up and Tori had been heartbroken at the prospect of leaving them behind. So on the day she left, her father presented her with the sweet little kitten with the heart-shaped mark on her back; a little piece of home to take with her as she started her new life. Since then, little Mimi had been her constant companion and Victoria absolutely adored her precious pet. As time passed, Mimi grew into a beautiful cat that strutted through her apartment like she owned the place; which, she supposed was fair considering the fact that Tori treated her like royalty. And although Tori was a generally outgoing person who enjoyed spending time with her human (er, mostly human) friends, most evenings she just couldn’t wait to get home and spend some quality time with her beloved Mimi. Was she on the path to becoming a crazy cat lady? Perhaps. But then, she figured there were worst things to be.

Unfortunately, owning a cat came with its own complications. One of the major ones being that they tended to destroy things. Things that Tori always had a particular fondness of. Staring down at the shattered remains of a planter and the fern inside it, Victoria groaned and glanced accusingly at her cat. “Seriously Mimi? Why do you hate plants so much?” This was the third plant in two months she had nonchalantly shoved off the counter. Tori didn’t know if it was necessarily the plants she hated or where the planters were placed, but frankly, she was getting sick of constantly having to replace her little green friends. Grumbling, she got the broom from the closet and swept up the remains of her beloved “Guildenfern,” dumping it into the trash beside its previously deceased friend “Rosenplants.”

“You aren’t going to win Mimi,”
She vowed after she had finished vacuuming the potting soil up from her carpet. “I will find something that you won’t destroy.” Probably. Maybe. Okay so she wasn’t entirely certain what else she could try. She had looked on the internet to see if anyone had any advice for her problem, but the general consensus was that when a cat decided that something must die, die it would. There wasn’t much else that the owner could do besides sweep up the remains and move on from the dream of having an apartment full of leafy green life.

Tori was not so easily dismayed though. Something had to work, she just needed to find a better resource. “‘I’ll be back,” She said to her ever-vigilant cat as she yanked on her boots and threw on a coat. “With a new friend. Just you wait and see.” Whether the cat cared or not, she couldn’t say. She had already shut the door and headed out into the biting winter air in search of a way to keep her promise. As she headed towards the bus stop, she pulled out her phone to find a nursery that was close by. As to be expected, there were a fair few within a reasonable distance, but she decided to broaden her horizons and choose someplace new, as if the location might be the key to the plants longevity. The place she picked was called Petals & Thorns, and it seemed promising if the reviews were anything to go by. So after a quick look at the map, she hopped on the next bus and headed off to the store.

When she arrived, Victoria took a moment to admire the prettily designed storefront. Someone had obviously put in a lot of time and effort to make this place look nice. That was certainly promising, she mused to herself. With a smile, she pushed open the door and slipped inside, overwhelmed as always by the number of unfamiliar plants. However, her attention was quickly captured by an absolutely adorable sight of a little kitten batting at a flower overhead. “Aww,” She cooed, walking carefully over as to not startle the little thing. “Aren't you a sweet little one?”

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 06:04 PM

Age // 24

Posts // 52

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay pet the purring feline, but after a couple of moments Thistle was over the attention and jumped down from the counter to lounge somewhere close by, but not too close by. Her little observer. She settled on a shelf, something she had put up just for the cats. Thistle had claimed it as her own. Ivy was too much of a snuggler to care about the shelf. Bramble was still too small to jump so high, but he eyed Thistle when she was happily perched up there. Thistle would watch him from above as if to taunt with the fact that he couldn’t get to her. She knew when Bramble was big enough though… There would be trouble afoot. She planned on putting up more shelves. She just needed to actually do it.

Bramble, however, was too preoccupied with his nemesis, the flower that dangled just too high above his head. The bell above the front door tinkled happily as a young woman, probably about her own age, entered from the cold streets. She braced herself as a chilling breeze forced her to shiver. She rubbed her arms, wishing she had brought a sweater down from her apartment. It was gone as fast as it came though. She went to greet the woman when the little tuxedo kitten caught her attention.

Bramble’s instantly went from the flower to the woman at the door when the bell rang. His little satellite dish ears that were too big for his head swiveled toward the woman as she cooed at him. He let out a long purring meow and his little tail moved around in curiosity. He didn’t hesitate to run over to her and attack the toe of her shoe.

Barclay sighed and rubbed a hand over her face. “I’m sorry.” She said and shook her head. “Bramble is still at the age where everything is a toy or something to attack. He’s harmless though. I promise.” She jested with a smile. She seemed like a cat person herself considering she approached him before greeting her. She didn’t blame her. He was rather cute with the little white patches on his chest and his little white toes. Not to mention the thin white line that went from between his eyes to his forehead and little white tips on his ears. She heard a light thump behind her and listened as the cat that was once on the shelf was now fleeing to the apartment above. She didn’t like strangers, but the other two were extremely friendly. “Oh. Welcome. I'm Barclay.” She said, remembering her manners. She hopped off her stool and moved around the counter. “Are you looking for anything in particular?” She asked with a slight tilt of her head and a friendly smile.

Artemis
PM
^
Victoria Laurent
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 05:43 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 40

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Tori

Species // Human

Was there anything in the world cuter than a sweet little kitten? In that moment, Victoria couldn’t think of a single comparison. Kittens were so disproportionate with their big ears and tiny little faces, and they were always so adorably excitable. They just wanted to play, cuddle, and sleep; each action somehow surpassing the others with cuteness. She could remember when Mimi was a kitten. Oh what an adorable little thing she had been with her tiny little toe beans and the way she had pounced around her apartment kingdom. Although Victoria loved her big grown-up cat, it was hard not to be nostalgic for those days spent with her sweet baby kitten.

So of course when the kitten scampered up to her and began to attack her shoes, Victoria immediately crouched down to shower the little thing with affection. As she did so, she heard a voice call out from a little further in the store. It must be the owner, or perhaps a store clerk. Tori had noticed the young woman’s presence when she had first entered, but the sight of the kitten had distracted her from making any attempts at a real conversation. Well that was probably a little rude of her, but how could she possibly resist the power of an adorable kitten? It was simply impossible.

“No I’m sorry. I greeted the cat before I greeted you,”
She apologized with a small laugh as she gave the kitten (Bramble was it?) a couple more pets. Goodness his fur was so soft. “And I understand. Kittens just can’t control themselves, can they?” She cooed as she continued to fuss over the kitten. He was a wiley little thing with the way he hopped around and batted at her shoelaces like they were some new fascinating toy.

After another moment of indulging herself and petting down the kitten’s soft fur, Tori stood up to give the other woman a proper greeting. As she did, she caught sight of another, full-grown cat roaming around the store and her smile widened. Somehow, she had managed to stumble on the perfect place to help her solve her destructo-kitty problems. It seemed that luck was on her side today.

“Good to meet you Barclay,” She greeted in return. What an unusual name, but it was pretty and certainly matched the stunning redhead it belonged to. “I’m Tori and actually, I am trying to find something in particular. And looking around,” She glanced meaningful at the kitten who had since pounced off her shoelaces to the next most exciting thing; an overhanging plant with long leaves to bat. “I think this might be the perfect place for me to solve my problem.”

“You see, I have a cat at home too. She’s a couple years old now and whenever I bring home a plant, she seems to make it her mission to destroy it.” Tori groaned and pulled out her phone, flipping through the pictures of the plants that had already bit the dust thanks to Mimi’s vendetta against green things. “She’ll spend a few weeks ripping them up with her claws or eating them and then, eventually, she’ll just knock the whole thing off the counter.” Tori shook her head as she thought about her adorable, demonic cat’s antics. So much time wasted vacuuming up potting soil. Ugh she really didn’t want to do it anymore. “I don’t suppose you have any suggestions about what to do? Because at this point, I’m totally at a loss.”

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 01:38 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 52

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay loved her cats. She had always loved cats. How could you not just love them? They had this nasty reputation for not wanting to snuggle like a dog would or being independent. For some cats that was true. They were all different for sure. You just needed to find the right one for your lifestyle. Most of the time though she allowed the animals to pick her. If the animal wasn’t feeling the bond then they wouldn’t be happy with you. Although with animals like Bramble, fate just kind of tossed them at you. She walked down that street for a reason. She was convinced that the kitten was put in her path for her to care for and raise. However, with the hard work and late nights of bottle feeding he was a happy and healthy and kitten ready to take on the world. Or in this case, the shoes of her customers. He did steal a lot of hearts and many asked if they could take him home instead of her flowers. He was certainly a lady’s man. She would give him that much.

She gave a soft smile when the young woman turned to apologize for greeting the kitten before greeting her. She shook her head and laughed a bit. “No worries. He steals most of my clientele. I’m convinced most of them come in to see him.” She said as she rubbed the belly of the little Ragdoll in front of her. “They can’t. Especially that one. His impulses rule him.” She said, knowing one day she would miss the mischief that the kitten brought into her life. It would be another excuse to get another kitten, right?

She really didn’t mind that people came in to see her cats or if they distracted people when they walked in the door. Her cats had become part of her image she supposed. People would remember her quaint little shop because of the free-range kitties that moved about the store. Her flowers were the best in town though. Their color beat the competition as well. Everything about her shop was different and stood out from the others.

“It’s a pleasure.” She said as she picked up the fluffy cat from the counter and placed her on the floor. She quickly scratched behind her ear to promise more scratchies would happen later. She straightened herself out and listened to the woman. She tilted her head curiously when she mentioned she was looking for something in particular. This caught her attention. She peered over at Bramble when she did then glanced back at her. She listened to her cat verses plants woes, definitely understanding the problem. For the longest time, her plants had suffered at the claws of her felines. It wasn’t up until last year has she been able to allow her cats to join her during business hours. She had concocted a potion to deter her cats from using them as their own person punching bag. Out of her own magic all her current plants had absorbed potion.

“I can understand that problem.” She said, leaning against the counter. “Believe it or not there was a point where I couldn’t keep them down here with me or they would rip the plants apart. With a little bit of research I was able to get them to stop. I can assure you that your mischievous feline won’t bother a plant from my shop.” She said with a confident smile. “What kind of plant are you looking for?”

Artemis
PM
^
Victoria Laurent
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 10:46 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 40

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Tori

Species // Human

Victoria had always been a social sort of person. She was personable, made friends easily, and rarely took issue with anyone for superfluous reasons. That being said however, she had few close friends that she felt comfortable enough to turn to when life took a difficult turn. She wasn’t particularly sure why, but there was a part of herself that she always kept closed off, as if she was protecting herself from something unseen. Even before witnessing death first hand, the need for control practically ruled her life. It was why she never had serious boyfriends and why none of her friendships got past the initial hangout stages. She never really minded though. She always just flitted around from group to group, never growing close enough to get hurt and never revealing enough of herself to be found disappointing. It might not be the easiest lifestyle to maintain, but it had always suited her just fine.

Well, at least that was what she tried to tell herself whenever she felt the familiar sting of loneliness.

Victoria wasn’t certain why she was so afraid. It had always just been apart of who she was and no matter how many times she tried to make sense of her feelings, she could never quite understand that piece of herself. But there were times, many in fact, that she wished she could just let someone in. It would be so nice not to have to carry the weight of all she was and all that she wasn’t alone.

As she stood there smiling at Barclay, watching as she pet the kitten, she was struck with the inexplicable longing to have a friend. Not just a friend to go out with on the weekends;, but someone to talk to, someone who shared her interests, someone she didn’t have to be anyone besides herself with. It was odd to be thinking about such things in that particular moment, but she supposed that there was something about Barclay’s sweet smile that struck her as particularly comforting. Whenever she imagined having a real friend, they always smiled at her like that.

Victoria forced herself to abandon her strange thoughts, pulling herself back into the present moment. She had a mission here and it did her no good to be distracted. Besides, she didn’t think Barclay would want to hear about her rather bizarre train of thought. That would certainly make for an awkward conversation topic.

“I really don’t know how you do it with multiple cats. My one is destructive enough.” How this girl got away with letting cats roam wild in a nursery like this without constantly sacrificing plants to their mischievous ways, she simply could not understand. Tori always tried her best to keep her plants out of Mimi’s way, yet she always seemed to take offense to its presence regardless of where she put it. And then, ultimately, the plants always met the same fate.

Now Tori could tell that Barclay was exceptionally knowledgeable about plants and kittens alike, but she still couldn’t help but raise an doubtful eyebrow when she reassured her that her cat would not bother a single one of her plants. “That is a bold claim,” She said with a laugh, “She’s got a serious vendetta against all plants. I once brought home a basil plant just to cook with it and she knocked it off the counter within hours.” She had mourned that basil plant too. It was supposed to be made into pesto, but instead it had ended up torn up and thrown into the garbage. “So unless you’re some kind of wizard, I’m not sure that…” And that was when she caught herself. Sometimes, in the midst of her daily life and routines, she still forgot that supernatural beings were all around her. The last thing she wanted to do was offend one because of a careless turn of phrase.

Tori laughed sheepishly, turning to glance at the plants rather than meet Barclay’s eyes. That was poorly worded. Hopefully she either was a human or wasn't the type to be easily offended. “I like ferns. But I wouldn’t mind something with a bit more color. Any recommendations?”

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 03:27 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 52

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

When in high school, Barclay wasn’t the popular girl, but she always got attention because of her ginger locks and interesting name. Sometimes it brought up the wrong kind of attention, but she had been able to deal with it. She had a couple of close friends that she had lost contact with after graduating. Her parents have allowed her to finished high school instead of pulling her so she could be home schooled and focus on magic. She had promised them that she would drop all her extracurriculars and come home to study for a few hours a day. Then after that was the actual homework she was assigned at school. She had waved bye bye to the academic team and the volleyball team. Everybody involved in both teams was sad to see her go, but if she wanted to maintain a sort of normal life she did what she needed to do. She hated is a little bit, but it had been worth it. She drained her quite a bit and her grades began to slip a little bit, but she was easily able to recover over a restful weekend.

She had two close friends in high school. Only they knew about her powers. To them it was the most amazing thing ever. Their corsages were always the most beautiful and vibrant. There was Poppy, another ginger who was secretly a natural blonde. They always jokingly said that gingers needed to stick together. Then there was Justine, a girl from South Africa. It was safe to say that she had a wide variety of friends in just the two she had. They had been friends since Freshman year when they all walked in late to English and had to sit at an empty table right next to the teacher’s desk. From there on it was like they had known each other their whole lives. After high school though, Justine had to move back to South Africa to take care of her grandmother for the summer. She had plans to return to attend Columbia University in the Fall, but she never made her way back to the city that never slept. Poppy had dreams of attending Julliard for before dance and music. She did end up going, but after that both girls just got too busy with their new lives to talk and meet for lunch like they had planned to. Whenever Barclay heard she would be performing her unique style of playing violin and dancing she would try to attend, but she never was able to get close enough to congratulate her.

Then there was Barclay… She was just seventeen when she graduated high school so it wasn’t until the next year that she ran away from her parents and came to live with her brother Trent. However, after graduating high school, she had agreed to apply to some colleges. She didn’t have dreams of dancing or becoming a lawyer. Her parents wanted her to be a doctor, but she was far from interested. Nobody ever asked her what she wanted to do so she never told them. The plans were made for her. She was treated like a doll. She was sat at the where the tea party would take place and for fed cookie and water that was being used to pretend it was tea. Since her powers were awakened, she had been more interested in botany and herbalism. She was mostly self-taught when it came to all her magic and knowledge about plants. She didn’t end up going to school. He had somehow convinced her parents that she wanted to devote her time to magic and they blindly agreed to it. Once she turned eighteen she turned her back on them and left, never to look back.

It was safe to say Barclay was an extremely friendly person. She would give everybody a chance as long as they didn’t threaten bodily harm. She approached most people with a bright smile that reached her blue eyes. This encounter was no different. Tori seemed like a sweet girl. For a moment she almost saw a glimpse of something different in her eyes that wasn’t there just a second ago. Was it sadness? Clay kept her composure and just listened to her. She was pretty good at reading people. She was just very observant thanks to her upbringing.

She laughed when she mentioned that she didn’t know how she did with multiple cats. “Well, I think another thing is making sure they have better things to do besides bother my plants. If you came behind my counter you’ll find many of those little balls and little toy mice." She said and glanced down, nudging a little ball with a bell to make a point.

She read the doubt on Tori’s face and just smiled. She knew her plants were cat proof. Three were currently roaming around the area and the most that was happening was Bramble and his need to bat at all the thing that dangled above his head. He wasn’t ripping them apart though. He was just easily amused. “It is a bold statement, but I’m confident.” She said, pushing a lock of ginger hair behind her ear. “Poor basil plant. Yeah. Things that carry just a distinct scent will definitely attract them. I would suggest maybe a hanging basket. Something unstable like that she’ll probably be less inclined to get to it.” She suggested. “If you get a basil plant from me… I can assure you she wouldn’t bother it.” She said, exuding confidence. She knew plants and she knew magic. People just needed to trust that she knew what she was doing.

All Clay could do was smile when the girl jokingly said something about her being a wizard. Wizard wasn’t the official term, but she could say yes to it. Her blue eyes twinkled a bit, but the girl did all she could to avoid her gaze. She didn’t blame her. Nobody knew who exactly or what exactly they were talking about considering most species looks like normal human beings on a daily basis.

She glanced around her shop when Tori mentioned that she liked ferns and things with color. “Alright… Let’s see what I can do for you…” She said and she walked around her counter and moved over to the many ferns she carried in her shop. She waved Tori on to follow her as she picked through them before stopping in front of them. “This is the Phlebodium Aureum. It’s more commonly known at the golden serpent fern. They get to be a pretty big size so it would probably need a floor pot…” She paused. “You probably want something more for the counter top though…” She said and turned to face the other side of isle where she had tons of colorful flowers. “Hibiscus are always a good choice. Colorful and big.” She said, gesturing to the baby hibiscus that was growing in a pot on the table.

Artemis
PM
^
Victoria Laurent
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 10:54 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 40

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Tori

Species // Human

It was clear that Barclay was exceptionally knowledgeable about her plants. There was an ease and a confidence whenever she spoke, leaving no hint of doubt that she knew precisely what she was talking about. There was something comforting about listening to her speak; as if all things in life were really as simple as finding the right plant that can coexist with a grumpy kitty. In addition to her strangely soothing presence, Barclay also seemed incredibly young to own a business. At least, Tori assumed this was her store. Barclay was not only a wealth of information about the merchandise, but she allowed her cats to run about unchecked and had even set up toys to keep them entertained throughout the workday. If this wasn’t her store then she at least had to be in very good with the owner to be able to finagle such a set-up. Tori doubted that was the case though. The store was simply too personal; too quirky to belong to anyone else. Although if she was being honest, Barclay was perhaps the oddest facet of the entire environment.

Not to say that Barclay was a bad kind of odd. Oh no. She seemed like a lovely individual and to be honest, Tori thought she might be a good sort of person to get to know better. But she could not deny that something about her was a little strange. She reminded her of something, although she couldn’t quite place it. Maybe just the general depiction of Mother Earth? The fiery red hair and the clear affinity for plants certainly supported the imagine.

The thought brought a small smile to Tori’s face although she didn’t share her thoughts with the woman in front of her. Instead, she listened carefully to her claims and advice, doing her best to keep track of it all. There she went again; promising that if she bought a plant from her, Tori’s cat would never bother it. She wasn’t quite sure if it was simply a sales-pitch at this point, but the fact that she had twice now made such a declaration, Victoria felt it was only right to give her a shot. If she was simply pulling her leg, she could always come back and give her some friendly teasing about ‘false-advertising’ or something.

“I suppose I’ll just have to believe you. It’s clear your knowledge about the subject is far superior to my own,” She laughed, relinquishing her doubts and figuratively putting herself in the other woman’s far more capable hands. It wasn’t like she could exactly disprove her, so why waste the energy trying to? It made far more sense to just go with the flow and see what happened.

When Barclay started to walk through the store, Tori followed behind her, smiling when she caught glimpses of the kitties or plants that were especially interesting. When the other woman stopped, she turned her full attention back to her, excited to see what she had come up with. The first plant was beautiful, but a little overwhelming in size. She couldn’t imagine where she would have the space to put it in her little shoe-box apartment, although looking at it made her think of her childhood home. A plant like that would have done well in the spacious house she had grown up in. “Yes. Although it is beautiful, I really don’t think I quite have the space for it.” The second option she presented was much more favorable. Not only were the colors stunning, but the size was much more practical for her lifestyle. “Oooh now that is pretty.” Tori stepped closer and leaned in to carefully stroke the leaves of the hibiscus plant. “These are definitely a contender.”

Tori pulled her hand back and glanced around the shop, still a bit in awe of the find. It was definitely an odd little place with an odd little owner, but she liked it. It felt more homey than the rest of the city, that was for sure. “How did you come to do this? Work with plants I mean." She finally asked, figuring it wouldn’t hurt to try and initiate a conversation. After all, Barclay seemed accommodating enough. “Do you own this store?”Okay so not the most riveting conversation starter, but she was honestly curious. Barclay seemed very young, although it was sometimes difficult to tell with immortals walking around. How had she wound up with her own store selling plants of all things? "It's a beautiful store. And cat-friendly to boot. Certainly a one of a kind place."

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 11:38 PM

Age // 24

Posts // 52

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay looked at the world with an open mind. She always tried to find the positive in everything. No matter what the situation, she could find something good to say. And if she couldn’t… Well, then someone was shit out of luck. Those situations didn’t come around very often. She was usually pretty confident that things would pan out at the end of the day. It might have been a very hippie way of looking at things, but the little witch was very connected to the Earth because of her power. Nature reacted to her in a beautiful way. Flowers bloomed and dying trees thrived even if she wasn’t using magic to do so. She exuded positivity and the world around her just responded. Things did just fall into place like she believed.

Maybe it sounded like she lived in the land of delusion, but with all the bad in the world someone needed to search for the good no matter how hard it was to find. If all she did in her little lifetime was look for the goodness in everything and sell plants to people to make them smile then she would be alright with that. Those weren’t her only goals though. No. She wanted so much more out of her life. Right now though she was pretty content. She wouldn’t ask for anything more.

She was alright if the woman before her didn’t believe her. Her plants would back her up in the end with their vibrant colors and long lifetime. She knew her spells would hold true to her word. She was still humble about it though. She wasn’t one to brag about herself, but she knew her plants and her products. She knew she could assure Tori that they would do exactly what she said they would. She sensed skepticism in the air and that was alright. People would always doubt you if they didn’t believe you at first which was just if you could prove them wrong later.

She clasped her hands in front of her and smiled softly as she spoke. She just gave a delicate shrug and watched her. “I just know my plants. That’s all.” It was kind of the truth for the most part. She knew plants inside and out. She liked to think of her magic as just a bridge between the two. It paved a path of communication between her and them. Although she did actually talk to them from time to time. Nothing negative had come out of it so why not?

She understood not having enough room for such a large plant. It was almost too big for her little shop. It’s why she only kept one at a time. It would probably be way too big for her little shoe box apartment upstairs. “That’s understandable. Ferns get pretty large. They need space. It’s like having an animal almost. Finicky plants.” She said with a soft laugh. She watched as she leaned in to admire the beautiful plant. “They are quite lovely. I think a type of lily might also work for you. They come in an array of colors and are a bit smaller than a hibiscus.” She said motioning to the table of lilies close by.

Barclay tilted her head a bit at the woman’s question. It seemed as if she had been holding it in for a while now which amused her. She didn’t want to full out say she was a witch with the power to control plants. No. She knew better. She thought for a few moments before giving an answer. “I learned I had a green thumb after graduating high school. I had wanted to go be a doctor, but I knew that if I didn’t try to venture out and do what I loved I wouldn’t be happy. In the end I probably would have just opened up a shop further down the road anyways.” She paused. “I do own the store. My brother lives close by so he helped me buy it and build it up. I actually live upstairs. So these guys can come as go as they please.” She said referring to the cats playing around them. As if on cue, Bramble darted across the shop then darted back into hiding. “Thank you. That’s means a lot. I know the city is so busy outside. I just wanted it to be different stepping in here, you know?"

Artemis
PM
^
Victoria Laurent
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 11:32 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 40

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Tori

Species // Human

There was something amazing about people who found their passions early on. They always seemed to have their lives together; like they had everything figured out and they were living each day to its fullest potential. She used to be envious of people like that but now she was just in awe of them. Sometimes she could scarcely believed that people like that were real. They were majestic, like some kind of real-life unicorns. Victoria always wished she could be like that; to have her passions and her strengths coincide and find a job that fulfilled her. Life hadn’t quite dealt her that hand but she was making due with what she had and so far and she was happy with what she had accomplished. But Barclay though; Barclay seemed to be one of those unicorns. She was a young woman with obvious drive and passion and somehow, she found a way to combine her strengths and end up in her own shop, doing what she loved day in and day out. What a life to be living. Victoria could only imagine.

Victoria just smiled as Barclay gave her expert opinion of the different flowers, providing her with information about the species and what might work best given her furry feline friend and space restrictions. Honestly though, it was just nice to listen to someone who was clearly passionate about what they did. Most of the information flew right over her head anyway. Her only real opinions were formed based on how the plants looked and whether or not they would survive her house. Beyond that, she wasn’t picky. Really she was just enjoying listening to Barclay. The woman had a calming presence about her and Tori found herself wondering if she should let this go on indefinitely so she could listen and relax.

“They are all so beautiful,” She said, moving closer to the lilies to get a better look at the variety of colors that Barclay had indicated to. They really were beautiful and she could imagine how much brighter her shoe-box apartment would look with their addition. I think I am leaning more towards the lilies or the hibiscus; something small and manageable. I don’t want to buy anything that won’t thrive in my apartment because of space.”

Admittedly, Tori was more than a little curious about the woman. There was something about her that struck her as different, odd even, although in the best sort of way. She seemed like such a gentle soul but there was also something playful in her. Tori couldn’t help but want to get to know her better, provided that Barclay was willing. And it seemed, at least for the moment, that Barclay was willing to indulge her curiosity. “A doctor? Wow.” Okay so perhaps she had been wrong to assume Barclay had known from the beginning about what she wanted to do. “That must have taken courage to go a different path.” She wondered if Barclay had her parents still and what they had thought of the shift away from a stable medical career to becoming a florist. Although she would never ask the other woman such a personal question, she could imagine that must have been a difficult conversation to have with one’s parents. When she had left home, her father had been so worried that she wouldn’t make it in the big city; that she would drown in debt and work between school and maintaining a full time job. She had tried to convince him that everything would fall into place but sometimes she wondered if his fears were justified. She wondered if Barclay ever worried about things like that too.

“You have a brother?” Tori smiled at that and leaned up against a counter, careful not to accidentally brush up against any plants or pots. “I envy you there. I always wanted a sibling to play with when I was growing up, although all the people I know with a brother or sister tell me that no one can irritate you like a them.” She laughed, her cheeks dimpling from mirth. “What does your brother do? Does he have his own shop too?” Okay so perhaps she was just stalling for time and fishing for the chance to make a real human connection with someone. Sometimes she felt lonely living here in the city. Between work, school and basic human necessity, she sometimes forgot she needed friends too. And honestly, Barclay was the first person she had met in a long time that seemed to be on a similar wavelength as her. She couldn’t help but want to be friendly.

“Sorry, I hope I’m not being invasive or anything,” She said, figuring it was best to be outright. If Barclay wasn’t comfortable with her asking about her private life than of course she would back off. She had no right to ask her for anything. “You seem really cool and it’s kind of rare to find that in the city. I mean, it’s rare to find people I can be comfortable around.” She shook her head, a bit embarrassed. “That isn’t quite right either. I just mean, you seem like an interesting person Barclay.” Her cheeks were a little pink from embarrassment but she hoped that Barclay wasn't too turned off of her presence. Really, she just wanted to get to know her and maybe make a friend. Goodness knows she needed one.

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 12:28 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 52

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay wouldn’t say she was following a dream. Don’t get her wrong though. She had a strong passion for plants. She loved them very much and they seemed to just react to that. This little shop in the middle of the big city wasn’t her dream. Her dream was to just be out in nature. She loved her shop and loved her brother more than anything. Trenton was her life now. If it wasn’t for him then she wouldn’t have been able to stand up for herself and leave behind the life that had been all planned out for her. She would have been the perfect little daughter than did as her father told her to. Whether it was marrying a certain man for alliances or go be that doctor she had wanted to be, she probably would have done it. She wasn’t a people pleaser, but she liked to see other people happy.

She tended to put everybody around her first. She placed her brother before her and her friends. She had saved Sebastian’s life even though it could have put her in serious danger. She was Trenton’s rock even though sometimes she wanted to shake her head and tell him how dumb he was. She loved them all though and she wanted to see them happy. If the people around you were happy then you were happy, right? She came out here to be close to her brother. She knew he needed her. She knew he had Aurora, but Aurora wasn’t the softest person… Not that she wasn’t sensitive, she was. The white wolf was actually very sensitive and Barclay knew this from secret late-night phone calls and random text messages. She found it funny how people came to her for help with things. She was a magnet for other people’s problems and she was willing to help.

She watched at Tori moved to admire the lilies. “They are quite lovely, aren’t they?” She said, admiring the flowers herself. She loved lilies. They were probably her favorite flower. “I would go with the lilies over the hibiscus. The lilies will grow more up than out. The hibiscus tend to get a little more bush-like… If that makes sense.” She suggested, hoping she did make sense.

Barclay hadn’t known what he parents though about her leaving the path that they had planned for her. They had actually encouraged her to become a doctor. Who didn’t want to say their child was going to school to become a doctor? It was safe to say that when she had told them she had wanted to be a doctor they were thrilled. They would have forked out all the money they needed to for her to attend any college she wanted to. Victoria had no idea how much courage it took to take that other path. It was utter madness in some people’s eyes. Turn away from something so amazing. It was what she wanted, but she knew that it was also what her parents wanted her to want. Not only that, but she wanted to be with the brother she had been forced to let go of as a child. “It did take a lot of courage. I had questioned my choice at first, but I’m happy where I am.” Or she thought she was happy.

“Yes. I do. He’s older than me.” She said, not exactly lying. He was nearly double her in age. She had been a bit of a later in life child, but she wouldn’t have it all any other way. She loved her brother dearly. She wished she had been able to spend her whole life with him, but she found ways to sneak away for visits or sneak him into the house. Those visits had been their own little secret, but now they could freely see each other as they pleased. “I wouldn’t say he irritates me as much as he worries me sometimes. I love him though.” She said with a shrug. She definitely wouldn’t have wanted to have been in Victoria’s shoes. She had practically been an only child for most of her life. She was glad it hadn’t been true though. She always knew she had a brother who cared for her deeply and she was so thankful for him. “He’s a mechanic. He owns his own shop not all that far away from here.”

Barclay had a handful of friends, a kind-hearted demon among them. She was a homebody though so she didn’t usually go out and meet people. She didn’t like bars very much and the club scene was definitely not for her. She’d much rather be curled up on her couch with a good book and a cup of hot tea. Maybe she didn’t long for some sort of adventure in her life, but right now just wasn’t the right time. She wasn’t sure when it would be the right time, but it just wasn’t right now. “No. You’re not being invasive. I promise… I usually don’t get very many customers who look for conversation though. It’s a nice change in pace.” She said with a soft smile. It was the end of the day anyways she think she would have very many customers coming in so she truly didn’t mind. She too blushed at the compliment she was being handed. “I… Thank you. I don’t get called cool all that often.” She admitted and pushed a lock of ginger hair behind her ear. She really liked Tori. She was really easy to just talk to and seemed genuine in her questioning. She wasn’t asking just to ask. “Maybe we could hang out sometime..?"

Artemis
PM
^
Victoria Laurent
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 10:07 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 40

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Tori

Species // Human

When Tori was young, she had craved a purpose. She flitted around from group to group, trying out different passions like someone trying on clothes in the local mall. But nothing ever seemed to stick. It wasn’t until after her brush with death that she realized what she wanted, although finding the path that lead her to her goal was much more difficult then she had anticipated. She often found herself floundering, wishing she could find some stability in an ocean of uncertainty and still forcing herself to keep going in pursuit of something that might not even be real. She had faith though. One day she was sure she would find her place in the world and do her bit to make this life a little brighter. But her father, as much as he loved her and prayed for her success, thought her hopes were naive. “The world is tough,” He told her, his eyes creased in concern when he saw her pack up her little life to go off and live in the big city. “And change isn’t easy.”

He had been right of course. The world could be a frightening place and trying to change centuries worth of problems was a daunting, near impossible task, but still, she kept working and looking for her way in. Even if she could only do a little bit in her time, that might be enough to bring some level of balance to a world wrought with troubles. All she had to do was keep pushing and eventually, something would give. It simply had to.

Still, despite her father’s wishes that she stay close to home, he never had a set path in mind for her so she never truly deviated from anything. If she had to go against familial hopes, Tori wasn’t sure if she could have made the decision to move out here as easily. While she didn’t know precisely if Barclay had gone against her family's expectations, to have drastically changed her life-path must have been a shock to those who loved her. Tori wondered what it was that had made her change her mind.

“I think you’ve sold me. Lilies it is,” She decided with a smile, both pleased that she had made a selection that would suit her apartment and that she could help support Barclay’s business. Although she hadn’t known when she first selected this particular store to do her shopping, she was happy to be supporting a small business owned by an ambitious young woman. Even if Barclay’s assurance that her cat would not destroy this plant proved false, at least some good came out of her purchase.

“Then it was a good decision. If you’re happy, then you know you were right to change course,” Tori said with certainty. From her limited experience with life, she had determined this much. Simplicity did not always equal happiness and difficulty did not always mean unhappiness. The fact that Barclay was happy with her decision meant that she had made the best decision for her. It might not have been what she had originally intended, but life had many twists and turns. One could never be too sure where they would end up.

Victoria had always wanted a sibling but her mother’s early death had halted that dream early. Still, she liked hearing other people talk about their siblings. Some would say go on and on about how irritating their siblings could be, but they always had that half smile on their face that suggested how much they really loved them. Barclay though, it was clear from the start that she adored her brother. “From what I understand, brothers are obligated to worry their sisters,” She said, laughing a bit, not daring to pry and ask why it was he worried her. That seemed a little bit intimate for polite conversation. “A mechanic? That’s a great job. Never have to worry about your car with a mechanic as a brother. And he’s nearby which I am sure is nice.”

Tori watched Barclay’s face carefully, unsure if she had crossed a line or not. She seemed to be enjoying talking to her, but it was hard to tell sometimes whether it was politeness out of necessity because she was currently at work or if she was genuinely interested. If Barclay expressed any discomfort though, of course she would back off. She would never want to push in where she wasn’t wanted, but if she was open to the idea, perhaps they could be friends? Tori tried not to be too hopeful, as she couldn’t expect everyone she met to want to know her. But having lived in the city for the past few years, she could admit that she was a little lonely.

She bit back a smile when she saw that she had made Barclay blush (in a good way she hoped). “You are cool. You have a confidence about you and it’s nice to be around.”

Then came the moment though; the offer she had been secretly hoping for. Almost instantly, she nodded, smiling brightly. “I’d actually really like that. I… well, I don’t have many friends in the city.” Oh no, she didn’t want to sound like she was settling for Barclay’s friendship. That wasn’t how she felt at all. “You seem kind and on a similar wavelength. I’d really like to have a chance to get to know you better. Maybe be friends?”

Victoria didn’t want to seem too eager, but she was thrilled at the prospect of having someone to talk to. She had always been comfortable talking to people, but developing meaningful relationships was something she struggled with. She didn’t want to lose out on an opportunity here. “Here,” She pulled out a pad of paper from her purse and scribbled down her phone number. “Take this. No pressure for anything of course, but if you want to watch some movies and shoot the breeze a little, I’m always open.” Tori gave her a dimpled smile as she offered the phone number to Barclay. “I’m not sure if you like sappy romance movies, but those are some of my favorites. Or comedies, as long as there is a little love in it,” She laughed hopefully, her own cheeks going pink. “If you like that sort of stuff.”

Phoenix
PM
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 01:57 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 52

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay didn’t know if her parents had missed her. She didn’t know what they thought of her just up and leaving. To her knowledge, she didn’t know if they had tried to contact her or find her. They certainly hadn’t been able to stop her from leaving, that was for sure. She had always wondered what happened after she left. Was there an uproar within the coven? Had her parent been exiled for raising two ‘failures’ of children?Of course, she didn’t see herself or Trent as a failure, but she knew that was what her family had thought. He had been reckless and gotten himself bit and she had abandoned her duties as a Bishop witch. She didn’t think any of these things though. She thought they had both been quite successful in their pursuits. They both ran their own businesses. She thought that was something to be proud of. She didn’t care to see her parents again, but she hoped that if they knew what their children were up to that they would be proud.

She knew that kids left home earlier than she did, but being on her own for the first time had been quite the change. She hadn’t been totally useless. With both of their parents leading busy jobs and busy social lives, she had often taken it upon herself to learn how to cook and care for a home. They had maids, but they weren’t always around to clean up or cook so Barclay learned how to do these things on her own. She was an excellent cook because of it now. Of course she had her brother there to help her when she needed, but when she was finally left alone in her own little home it was a different story. She was fine now. She had been her for a while now and Trent was currently building her a tiny house so that she could come and stay out by him when she wanted to.

“Perfect! I think you’ll really like them. They’ll quickly brighten up your apartment.” She said with a smiled and glanced down at the bin of lilies. They were all happily thriving and she had confidence that they would continue to do so when they left her care. “One you pick a color I’ll get you a pot. You’ll probably need one since yours probably shattered when your kitty knocked off the counter, huh?” She said knowing very well what it was like to tirelessly watch a cat knock something off a counter after shooing them away a thousand times. Ivy and Thistle had long since grown out of that phase. Ivy was too busy constantly begging for cuddles while Thistle often kept to herself. It was the pesky kitten who continued to be the bane of everybody’s existence. Whether it be a bottle cap or a soapy sponge, he would insist that it belonged on the ground. It had been cute for a little while, but the constant bending over and picking things up got old after a while. If she could spell everything from being cat proof she would, but as long as they all left her plants alone then everything would be fine, right?

“I like to think it was. Others might not be happy with it, but it was my decision.” She said with a smile. There was an air of confidence to her when she said it too. She had been very confident about her decision when leaving her parents. Looking back now, her dream of becoming a doctor had stemmed from just plainly wanting to help people. She still helped people when she could. She sold her potions if people knew to come in and ask for them and when people came to her for help she opened up her home and heart. She was pure in all she did and said. There wasn’t a bad bone in her body and everybody who had met her could attest to it.

Even with the slight separation with between to two Bishop children, they were as close as ever now. It was as of nothing had ever happened. They were also much more alike than either of them had ever realized. They didn’t look much like aside from the slight similarities in facial bone structure and the bright blue eyes, but in personality they were both very much so alike. One could easily tell they were related with they spent enough time with them together. “I think you might be right there. It nice to have someone worry about you I guess. It means they truly care.” Trent worried for good reasons, but she was safe where she was. There was nobody coming after her for the deeds he had done. She was fine. “Yeah. He’s pretty handy in general though. He hasn’t come across anything he couldn’t fix yet. It’s quite impressive.”

She almost didn’t know how to accept compliments. She wasn’t sure what to do with them. It was like a child getting caught in the act of stealing cookies out of the cookie jar and being unsure whether to stuff the cookies in their mouth or stuff them in their pockets and run away. She got them all the time about her flowers, but when got them for herself she wasn’t sure whether just to take it or whether to run away with it. “Thank you…” She said with a soft smile and rosy cheeks. “You’re pretty cool too.” She said, knowing giving someone a compliment back was the right thing to do after receiving one.

Tori seemed just as awkward as herself. Well, that was kind of a relief. Or well… Asking someone for friendship was kind of an awkward thing to do, wasn’t it? Yeah. They weren’t awkward, it was just the question itself. “Yeah. That would be nice.” She said with a pause. “I don’t have very many friends either. Many acquaintances, but not many real friends.” She admitted and smiled a bit. She liked to think that the demon was her real friend, but other than him she didn’t have very many other people. Sebastian was a busy man though. He didn’t have time to just hang out with little old her. He had people to woo and souls to take.

She watched at the lithe woman quickly turned to dig into her purse and pulled out a pen and paper. She watched as she jotted down her name and number and pulled the piece of paper from the pad before handing it over. “I will definitely give you a call sometime. I could always use a movie buddy.” She said with a smile before ripping off a small piece of the paper and turning toward her counter. She plucked a pen from the little hand painted pot and jotted down her number in her bubbly penmanship. She turned and handed it to the woman. “There. Make it an even exchange.”

Artemis
PM
^
Victoria Laurent
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 10:26 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 40

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Tori

Species // Human

Sometimes, life amazed her. When she had decided to go out this morning in search of yet another plant that would bound to be sacrificed to the apartment deity that was her cat, she hadn’t anticipated that she would come away from the experience hopefully looking forward to a blossoming friendship. But then, life was just like that sometimes, wasn’t it? It could catch you off-guard and give while it might be difficult at moments, sometimes, it put you in the pathway of exactly what you needed. Tori had always wanted the kind of friendships you saw in the movies. She wanted someone she could talk to about anything, someone she could call in the middle of the night if she had a nightmare, someone she could just rely on. Although she loved her father dearly, she had spent a good part of her life dealing with her feelings all on her own. After the horror she had experienced in high school, that isolation had only become worse. She couldn’t bring herself to admit that a part of her had been damaged that night. She had tasted real fear and that wasn’t something she could let go of so easily. She was still dealing with the repercussions of that night and all she wanted was someone she could talk to about it. Not that she intended to unload her darkest feelings onto poor Barclay anytime soon, but she liked the idea that one day, they might reach that point. It seemed like a faraway hope right now, but it was hope nonetheless and she was grateful for it.

“I can already tell that I will love them,” She said with a laugh, practically giddy with the turn of events. If she believed in fate, she would have thought it had a hand in guiding her here. “And yes, a pot is a must. I can’t ever seem to keep enough with my cat playing interior designer.” Tori smiled down at the selection of flowers and took a moment to imagine each one sitting prettily on her counter. Truthfully, she didn’t have much preference for color because each were gorgeous in their own way, but she finally settled on one bloom in particular. “The purple I think,” She announced, reaching a hand up to carefully touch one of the soft petals. Yes, that would suit her perfectly.

When she had first encountered Barclay, Tori hadn’t picked up on the woman’s unshakable confidence. She was a quiet, polite sort of person and it was easy to make assumptions about her confidence. But hearing her announce that taking control of her life had been her decision to make, Victoria couldn’t help but admire her strength. Clearly, this was a woman who knew what she wanted and she made no apologies for who she was. If that wasn’t someone to aspire to be like, she wasn’t sure who was.

Victoria smiled fondly as Barclay talked about her brother. She always liked watching people talk about their siblings. Some people acted as if their siblings were a constant annoyance and some only spoke their praises. But in her experience, no one could quite hide their feelings of affection. She had always wanted that kind of connection in her own life, but it just wasn’t in the cards for her. “He sounds like he cares about you. And visa versa,” She observed with a smile. Even though she couldn’t have her own brother or sister, she was glad that Barclay had one that clearly adored her. It was good to know that she had someone she could rely on in her life.

Victoria could understand Barclay’s inability to accept compliments. There was something that was just kind of awkward about it. She herself always felt especially awkward when people gave her compliments but she couldn’t exactly stop herself from giving them. Especially to someone like Barclay who was so obviously cool. Still, she noticed her blush and felt her own cheeks flush in return. “I can take ‘cool' any day.” She said with a laugh, rubbing the back of her head in nervous fashion.

Hearing Barclay say that she didn’t have many friends either was somewhat relieving. Tori had always wondered if there was perhaps something wrong with her, but maybe it was just difficult sometimes to form a relationships. But it seemed that Barclay was willing to try with her and after she offered her number, the redhead returned the favor. Victoria grinned as she took the piece of paper, pleased as punch with the way everything had turned out. She tucked the paper carefully into her purse and gave Barclay another blinding smile. “Fantastic. We’ll have to make a movie date then.”

The rest of their interaction was rather typical. Barclay rang her up for her lilies and her pot and she paid her kindly for her service. But throughout the whole thing, Tori was smiling brightly and eagerly looking forward to the future. A friend, could she really be so lucky? She could only hope. When she headed out the door (with her new potted plant in hand), she turned and offered Barclay a wave. “Thank you again. And I will let you know how Mimi reacts to this one. You gave me your word that she would play nice remember!” Then, laughing, she headed outside, for once feeling excited about the prospect of tomorrow.

Phoenix
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates