Welcome to Faces in TheNight

Welcome to New York, home of the city that never sleeps. That couldn’t be more true. Recently, the Angels were shot down from Heaven and their wings were revoked by the Reapers. The race was disbanded and now the balance of power is off in the worst way possible. The Demon’s aren’t hesitant in the least bit to take advantage of this time before balance is somehow restored. Humans fight to be heard while Witches fear to be seen. Shape shifters are the outcasts of this world, but refuse to be put down. Werewolves claw to be at the top of the food chain, but Vampires are always plotting and scheming to be superior. Valyrian is a bustling realm of Elves and Dragons that fight their own war.

Welcome to a world where nightmares come to life. The day time isn't all that safe either. Who do you align with? Where do you stand in this crazy life? Or will you be just another face in the night?

Weekly Updates
Beginners Guide
The Night Market
Coming Soon
Demons
01 M
02 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
01 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
04 M
03 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
04 M
02 F
Witches
03 M
04 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

The Spell Book
Phoenix
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 02:13 PM

Elite Member

Age // 22

Posts // 104

Rank // Admin

Nicknames // Nix

Species // Unicorn

Status // Single + :p

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Witch Categories
  • Elemental: The elemental witches work within the many individual elements that make up our earth. They can manipulate their chosen element. Some witches in this categories specify in one element while few dabble in a couple. Some witches powers will jump from one element to the next until they settle on one. There are the traditional elements like fire, water, air, and earth. These can be divided again into plant, electrical, ice, and metal.
  • Healing: The healing category is essentially what it sounds like. They can heal all beings. The more immortal the being, the more power and energy it takes. However, they are also able to prevent beings from healing as well. It’s safe to say you don’t want to get on the bad side of a Healer witch.
  • Time & Space: Time and space are linked together because they affect and feed off of each other. Time is the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole. Space is the continuous area or expanse that is free, available, or unoccupied.
The Sides of Magic
  • Light: Light magic is magic that is used for a good or pure purpose. Any of the above categories can have a light side.
  • Dark: Dark magic is magic that is used to intentionally harm others. Any of the categories above can have a dark side. Dark magic usually can include blood offerings or sacrifices. Witches who practice dark magic don’t usually consider themselves bad or see what they are doing is bad. It’s just part of their culture.
***Please note that witches are not strictly either Light or Dark. Certain spells and potions are categorized as such. Some witches do either practice light or dark magic though while others flip flop back and forth depending on what their magical needs are at the time.

Deities
  • Mother Nature: She is the entity that elemental witches look to for guidance. She contains the magic of all elements and gifts them to witches as she sees fit.
  • Airmid: She is the entity that represents healing.
  • Father Time & Eternity: Father Time controls all things time. He gifts the power of time to witches as they sees fit. He watches over it and the witches that control it. However, if he sees an abuse of the thing he has created he will put a stop to it. Eternity is the entity that represents space.

Terminology

Amulets: The word amulet comes from the latin word amulētum which means ‘an object that can protect one from trouble.’ Amulets are objects typically worn on one’s person. They possess magic to protect its holder. It can either be protection in general or from something in particular. Items made into amulets can be gems (especially engraved ones), crystals, coins, statues (smaller and handheld, roughly the size of a chess piece or a bit bigger), pendants, bracelets, and rings. Amulets created with a Coven setting are usually more powerful and last longer than ones created outside of a Coven setting. However, the magic used is the same. (Can be acquired through our site or must be made known upon creation of character)

Crystals: Witches believe that all crystals have their special meaning and purpose. They are can be and usually are used in spells and things alike to focus the energy in the right direction for the spell to take hold. They also can carry this crystals around in hopes that their powers and meaning will rub off on them. Crystal Meanings

Curses: A curse is an expressed wish to do harm or misfortune upon someone, an object, or a place. Curses can be placed on whole bloodlines and carried down or just individual people. Curses and hexes are one in the same so the words are interchangeable.

Elixir: An elixir doesn’t have magical properties, however, they are best put together by a witch as they understand the ingredients. Usually a liquid of sorts. Generally does have some non-magical benefit.

Enchantment: An enchantment is a spell placed on an everyday item (i.e. a brush, a cup, shoe) to give it magical properties. These spells don’t last very long and need to be redone every few weeks or so to keep the magic going. These spells are usually very simple and nothing extravagant.

Familiars: A Familiar is an animal that is bonded to a witch that they use to absorb energy during spells. They can only be normal animals. No shifter or werewolf familiars will be allowed as they are still partially human. They often share emotions through eat other and can communicate. Typically are domesticated animals, but can also be exotic ones as well. (Acquired through points only in our site store)

Grimoire: Magic books thats are passed down in a family for to other witches to use and study. No two Grimoires are the same and there are hundreds of thousands of them around the world. Grimoires contain information about all of the terms in this section. There are Grimoires for every kind of magic, but a single Grimoire is focused on one kind of magic. Grimoires can be acquired through black market routes or stolen from other families as well. All Grimoires are written in Latin, a language a young witch should learn.

Incantation: An incantation is a type of spell that that requires singing or chanting of a chorus of words several times.

Poisons: A poison can be either ingested through oral means or absorbed through the skin. It can cause illness or death depending on the concoction and species. It can be a slow or quick death depending on how it is made. They can either be made with herbs and plants or items deadly to a species.

Potions: The word potion comes from the latin word potio which means “drink.” They are always going to be something a person ingests in a liquid form. Potions can heal, intoxicate, or poison others (see above for poisons).

Runes: Runes are symbols with meaning. Witches places them on objects or their own bodies. Runes are carved into objects, but there are two ways of placing them on that skin; branding and tattooing. Branding is the more traditional way of placing runes onto the skin. Witches have been doing it for centuries. Tattooing is the more modern way of placing runes onto the skin. Any normal tattoo artist can tattoo a rune onto the skin, but they must have the magical ink in order to activate the power of the rune.

Spell: A set of spoken words used to invoke a magical effect. All spells are written in Latin. This is a language all witches must learn to be able to translate magic.

Talisman: A talisman is a rare magical item. These items are usually very powerful and very magically charged. The magic on this item can last thousands of years if taken care of properly. These items can be made, but it takes a lot of magic and could even kill a witch. They aren’t made very often, but they are sought out. The have a variety out powers.

Wand: Witches use wands for focusing their power and energy. They are optional for a witch to use so not all of them use them. The only things necessary for cast a spell is hand motions and spoken word. Wands are also used as teaching tools for young witches until they can hone and perfect their powers. They are usually made out of carved pieces of wood and very delicate. Most are very decorative with gems and crystals embedded in the handle, but are very simple. All are handmade and handled with love. There are a handful if wands in the world that are specifically made for certain things. (Certain Wands can be purchased from the site store with points)

Spells & Potions:

Love Potion: A love spell does not invoke the true feelings of love. Rather it invoke all the bodily reactions to love, but no true feelings are behind it. All parties must drink the potion in order for the potion to take effect. If the wrong person ingests the potion it will not work. These potions do wear off after a couple of days and they leave no permanent feelings behind afterward.

Requirements: Three pieces of rose quartz, a lock of hair from each participant of the spell (pulled from the scalp instead of just cut), three red candles, crushes rose petals from a fully bloomed rose, two cups of mineral water, four drops of patchouli oil, five freshly picked strawberries, five drops of nutmeg, a teaspoon of cinnamon and a tablespoon of vodka.

Instructions: The rose quartz must be soaked in the mineral water for at least 24 hours prior to making the potion. Soaking them for longer will not make the potion stronger. Once the 24 hours is up, the hair, crushed rose petals, patchouli oil, strawberries, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vodka should be added to the mineral water and boiled on high for two hours. Once the pot is finished boiling, it should be set down on either the ground level of a house or outside on the bare ground with the three red candles and the same three rose quartz from earlier around it in an alternating pattern. Light the candles then say the following spell:

Qui diligunt me, et non diligis
Nulla materia quid isti diligunt te nunc mihi

English Translation:

They love me, they love me not
No matter what they'll love me for now

To know if the spell was a success, there will be a puff of smoke and the liquid will turn pink. All the items that were placed in the mineral water will have liquified. If spell was was not successful then the water will just turn black and you will have to try again.

Immortality Spell: An immortality spell can be placed on a being that is not immortal. This spell can be placed on any species that has an estimated life span. (Can only be purchased through our site store)

Requirements: A full cup of blood from the person the spell is being placed on, a knife, a full moon, the sacrifice of the thing you love the most, fire, six white candles, bare ground, and a quartz bowl.

Instructions: During the night of the full mood, find a parcel of bare ground where the full moon floods it with light. Place the quartz bowl in the middle of the clearing and place the six white candles around it in a circle. Cut the palm of your hand with the knife and bleed into the bowl until a full cup is measured out. Stand in the middle of the circle with the bowl and light the candles with a simple fire spell. Place the thing you love the most in the bowl and light it on fire before reciting the spell:

Immortalitatis, venit ad me. Fornicatio autem et beatos vos ad me. Fac me immortalem, per immortalem verum peto a te. Immortalitatis, intrabit in me et ego in te peto: Sic fiat semper.

Translation:

Immortality, come to me. Immorality, I call you to me. Make me immortal, a true immortal I ask of thee. Immortality, enter into me I ask of thee So mote it be.

You’ll know the spell has worked if within minutes after the spell is complete that cut from which you got the blood is healed.

Binding Spell: A binding spell is used to bind a creature's ability to teleport or change forms. It works on the following species:
  • Werewolves
  • Shifters
  • Vampires
  • Demons
This spell can last up to 24 hours and can be placed on a person multiple times.

Requirements: Blood of the person you want to bind the power of, wooden bowl, fire, a patch of bare earth (recommended) or ground level of a building.

Instructions: First, you must get blood from your person you want to bind the abilities of. This is a tedious task, but it is necessary. Once you obtain the blood, place it in the wooden bowl and set the wooden bowl on a patch of bare ground or on the ground level of a building. Once you are ready recite the following incantation as many times as it feels necessary:

Adiuro vos aliis nocet noceat te contra

Translation:

I bind you from doing harm against yourself and harm against others.

Once you feel like the time is right, light a fire in the bowl. If the light goes out upon contact with the bowl and blood, the spell was a success. If the bowl catches fire, then spell was a failure.

Protection Spell: A protection spell can either be placed on a person or place. When placed on a person, it protects them from a certain level of harm that can be inflicted on them. The more energy put into the spell, the stronger and more harmful things a person can be protected from. This does not protect a person from illness brought on by the outside or illness brought on from within the body. When placed on a place, you can keep a certain person or species from entering a place.

Protect a person:

Requirements: One white candle, a pen and blank sheet of paper, white rock salt, and something that belongs to the person who you are trying to protect.

Instructions: Sit the candle on the ground level of a building or on the bare ground outside. Using the rock salt, make a circle around the candle then light the candle. Write the name of the person you are trying to protect on the piece of paper. Take the object that belong to the person and hold it close to your chest while holding the paper in the flame and reciting the following incantation until the paper fully burned. All while envision the warmth from the flame protecting the intended person, like a forcefield from harm.

Incantation:

Flammae saltant in conspectu oculorum meorum
Ut hunc hominem quasi salvum esse poterit
Defendat (eius / eius / them) a ulla nocere
Ut (eius / eius / his) tutum, ut (eius / eius / his) calidus

Translation:

Dancing flame in front of me
Keep this person safe as can be
Protect (her/him/them) from any harm
Keep (her/him/them) safe, keep (her/him/them) warm

If the spell was a success, the flame will go out on its own after the spell if over. If it wasn’t successful then the flame will continue to burn. A protection spell can be put on a person over and over again because it does wear off after a month.

Protect a place:

Requirements: Crushed red geranium petals, three sprigs of fresh rosemary or two tablespoons dried rosemary (fresh is preferred), three sprigs of pine, large piece of amber, five cups of mineral water.

Instructions: Soak your piece of amber in the mineral water in a pot for 24 hours prior to doing the spell. Once the 24 hours is up, take the amber out of the water and place the pot onto the stove. Allow it to boil on low while slowly adding in the rest of the ingredients in the order listed above. Allow it to boil until the smell of the potion has reached the far corners of the house. Once this has happened, turn off the stove and place the amber back into the water. Allow it to soak another hour before taking to pot off the stove and placing it in the center of the home and reciting the following spell. Write the name of the person or species you would like to protect your home from on a piece of paper and place it in your pot:

Tutus mea in domum suam,
nihil fit.
Quod est aperire fenestram,
et ascendit fumus e tenebris portare

Open a window then recite the next part of the spell.

Cum autem hoc prope fenestram
impedimentum sit.
Aditus autem levia.
Sicut ego volo, et non erit.

Next close the window. If the spell is a success the amber will briefly glow so play close attention. Once finished, place the ambers on either side of the main entryway to your home. This spell will have to be redone every month and the same ambers can be used each time.

Rejuvenation Spell: A Rejuvenation spell is a spell a witch does when weak or drained of energy. All in all, there is no harm that came come from the spell. Only good things.

Requirements: Two amethyst crystals in the shape of natural points and the ground level of a building or the bare earth (recommended option).

Instructions: When you are ready to do your rejuvenation spell, find your way to either a patch of bare earth or the floor level of a building. Place your pair of amethysts in your palms as follows:

In your left hand, place the point of your amethyst toward you in palm. In your right hand, place the point of your amethyst away from you.

This encourages the good energy to flow into you and the bad to flow out. Close your eyes and recite the following incantation as many times as it feels necessary:

Terra deorsum mihi caelum super me, inveniet medio mei

Translation:

Earth below me, sky above me, find my center

After finishing the spell, the witch should feel rejuvenated. A witch can perform this spell whenever and no matter how weak they are, it should help.

Summoning Spell: A summoning spell can work on all species. For the species with teleportation powers, they will instantly be compelled to go see the person summoning them. For a species without teleportation powers, they will feel compelled to visit the person who is summoning them and go there without second guessing it.

Requirements: Six white candles (five smaller ones and one larger one), a pen, and paper.

Instructions: Take your larger candle and place it in the center of the room then arrange the five smaller ones in a circular shape evenly around the larger candle. Write the name of the person you would like to banish on the piece of paper and fold it several times. Picture them in your mind before reciting the following spell:

Decernimus ad arma,
Veni ad me, in tempore opportuno.

Translation:

A call to arms I decree,
Come to me in this time of need.

The person you are trying to summon should appear either right away if they have teleportation powers. If they do not have teleportation powers then they should come and see you shortly.

Banishing Spell: A banishing spell is pretty self explanatory. It is a simple spell that can banish a supernatural being from their current location. They can be banished back to their plane of origin or elsewhere.

Requirements: Six black candles (five smaller ones and one large one) and a pen and paper.

Instructions: Take your larger candle and place it in the center of the room then arrange the five smaller ones in a circular shape evenly around the larger candle. Write the name of the person you would like to banish on the piece of paper and fold it several times. Picture them in your mind before reciting the following spell while thinking about where you would like to banish the :

Redemptio est huius mali quod exprobratur meo.
Tolle hunc negativity, relinquit, quae mihi caeca.
Tibi ab urbe, a facie mea.

Translation:

Get rid of this evil, which taunts my mind.
Rid this negativity, which leaves me blind.
Banished you be, away from my sight.

Once you have recited the spell, burn the piece of paper in the center candle. If the spell has worked, the candles will go out. If the spell failed then candles will continue to burn. You can perform the spell again. Once you have finished, the person you want to banish will be sent away to the place you were thinking about.
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates