Welcome to Faces in TheNight

Welcome to New York, home of the city that never sleeps. That couldn’t be more true. Angels and Demons play tug-o-war with souls while Reapers look to claim them and take them to their rightful destination. Humans fight to be heard while Witches fear to be seen. Shape shifters are the outcasts of this world, but refuse to be put down. Werewolves claw to be at the top of the food chain, but Vampires are always plotting and scheming to be superior. Just like the land, the waters are also teeming with life as the Merpeople have their own network of life and enemies to defend against. Valyrian is a bustling realm of Elves and Dragons that fight their own war.

Welcome to a world where nightmares come to life. The day time isn't all that safe either. Who do you align with? Where do you stand in this crazy life? Or will you be just another face in the night?

Thread of the Month
Pair of the Month
Female of the Month
Male of the Month
Angels
00 M
00 F
Demons
01 M
02 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
04 F
Merpeople
00 M
01 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
02 M
04 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
03 M
03 F
Witches
04 M
04 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Frozen Pipes, Sara/Trent/Closed
Aurora Dumont
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 02:11 AM

Age // 157

Posts // 37

Rank // Pack

Nicknames // Aurora

Species // Werewolf

Status // Single + Heterosexual

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there Become so tired, so much more aware By becoming this all I want to do Is be more like me and be less like you

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Aurora woke up to six feet of snow burying her tiny cabin in the woods. She had been in New York for years now, but the amount of snow that the state got each other was obscene. How could six feet of snow just appear over night?! Well, maybe not over night. It had started snowing mid-day yesterday when she was out on a hunt. The flurries clung to her fluffy white pelt as they softly fell to earth and began to accumulate. Deer were beginning to be scarce as winter took the state by the horns and refused to let go. They would move on and go into hiding for the next couple of months. The snow was a sure sign that she would have to start cooking for herself instead of hunting. She hated cooking and all the things that came along with it. The cleaning and actual making of the food. It was just so much easier to go out for a hunt.

After stalking through the flurries for another hour she called it quits and headed back to her tiny cabin. For the rest of the evening she stayed in and watched as the snow built higher and higher like a little barricade around her home. Her home was something she had earned for herself a couple of months ago. Dagfinn had granted her a handful of acres to herself and the ability to build herself a new home. She would always have the house back at the compound, but little did Dagfinn know that this would just become her new home. They would be lucky to see her around the compound for more than meetings and celebrations. She enjoyed the privacy. While in heat she would be able to hide here. Other wolves were definitely asking for a bite in the ass if they crossed into her territory.

She woke up shivering. Even curled up in her many blankets she was freezing. Why was her room so dark? By this time the sun was usually greeting her soft fair skin. Without having to brave the even colder air outside of her blankets, she got out of the bed with them wrapped around her. She hobbled over to the window and peered out it only to be greeted by snow that was packed against the glass. Confused, she slowly made her way into the main living space of the cabin only to be greeted by the same thing. Snow was packed up against all four sides of her home. Her home was small and quaint, but it was just for her so there was no purposed in having something much bigger. When you first walked in you were greeted by the living room and a fireplace that touched the tall ceiling. Directly to your right was an open concept kitchen. She had been convinced to get a full kitchen instead of just the bare minimum. There was an island with a couple of stools and a small kitchen table that seated four. Right off that was her master bedroom and bathroom. There was an extra bathroom that was purely for guests when she had them. There wasn’t an upstairs to her home, but there was a small loft above her bedroom. She had only agreed to it for storage purposes. It was a small home, but she didn’t need any more room than what she had. The only guests she really had over were Trenton and his younger sister.

The only thing she had really wanted, which she got, was a door big enough for her wolf form to fit through. It was a large and heavy door. Well, it was probably heavy for a human, but for her it was easy to pull open and push closed. She moved over to the front door to assess the situation. She pulled it open to reveal the snow almost touched the top of her door frame. She was in awe. She needed to dig herself out. The snow was making her home almost too cold to stand. She couldn’t tell if the snow was still falling or not, but it needed to go. She tossed her blankets and pajamas onto the couch before shifting down onto all fours. She shook out her fluffy winter coat and began to dig her way out of. Snow came tumbling into her cabin, but she needed to be able to squeeze her way out before she could clear out a moat of clear ground around her home. Once she was able to do that, she pulled herself out of the opening and began to clear out as much snow as possibly.

She dug until she hit the frozen ground. It took her several hours, but she was able to clear out a seven-foot-wide moat all around her cabin. Her legs ached from the constant repetitive motions. She even was able to clear out a little path at the front door. Her fluffy coat was able to keep her warm enough to get the job done, but her paws were suffering. They were cracked and dry. A couple of the pads were starting the bleed a bit. She rested for a few moments to lick them to sooth the stinging. She whimpered as she moved into her home and shut the door, collapsing on the wood floors from exhaustions. She left behind little bloody pawprints as she did so. Her hands and feet were aching. She pulled herself onto her couch and wrapped her little nude form in her blankets. She couldn’t tell if things have gotten warmer or not. She was freezing and she felt as if her hands and feet were about to fall off. A bath would help. If she sat in just plain hot water maybe she would be able to do more things like build a fire.

So, her burritoed form hobbled into the small master bathroom and over to the bathtub she had originally been convinced she didn’t need… Turns out she hadn’t known what she was missing. Baths were the most relaxing things after a long day. They were her favorite thing after a small boarder squabble. She would just come home and sink her bruised and battered form into a hot bath to clean out any dirt and grime out of her wounds. If one didn’t know better they would say her best friend was her bathtub. That was a lie though. Her best friend, or at least really good friend, was Trenton, the packs Beta.

She dropped the blankets onto the icy cold bathroom floor and reached to turn on the hot water. Nothing. She tilted her head in confusion. She jiggled the handle and turned it on and off a few times. Nothing. Her brows knit in irritation. Why was everything just going wrong? She turned and tried her sink. Nothing. Not even a drop of water came out. She hurried into the living room and dressed in her pajamas once again. She tested the rest of her sinks and showers, but barely a drop of water was formed. She growled in frustration. She knew nothing about modern piping. She wasn’t all the handy when it came to tools. She did know a handy guy though… She scoured her house for her phone and dialed up Trent. He could probably use something to do. The AoA’s daughter was probably barking up his tree for a snuggle in this cold weather. Poor guy. He couldn’t say no, but he also couldn’t say yes.

“Trent?” She said hearing him pick up on the other end. “I’ve got a slight problem… My pipes aren’t producing any water and I don’t know what to do.” She said sounding truly frazzled on her end of the phone.

Sara
PM EMAIL
^
Trenton Bishop
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 09:10 AM

Age // 44

Posts // 48

Rank // Beta

Nicknames // Trent

Species // Werewolf

Status // Single pringle + Heterosexual

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

The wolves are at my door
Waiting for my empire to fall

When he woke up in the morning, he hadn’t quite anticipated being buried in his home with snow. He’d kept the fire going all night and since he’d set his bed up in the loft part of the small cabin he had on the Narvik compound, he’d stayed nice and toasty all night. He had even started the fire in his wood burner in the basement so all of the pipes in the house wouldn’t freeze. He’d spent many winters in New York. Some were more brutal than others. This one had just seemed very very cold. Apparently the snow clouds liked that so they’d poured it on in waves in the night.

After groggily dragging himself out of bed, he stripped off his pj’s and was out the door to at least dig a hole out of his home. Going back inside, he donned some warmer clothes to shovel the sidewalk and the space where Barclay’s garden was. All of the plants were in hibernation at present but they would come back in the spring. Regardless, he always kept the area clean of snow just because it was his little reminder of his sister at home. Once done clearing around his home, Trenton retreated back inside to have a hot cup of coffee. The coffee maker was on a timer and since he was a creature of habit, he was normally up around the same time everyday. Unless the day before had been particularly exhausting.

Trent was about to help himself to another steaming mug (boy was it really hitting the spot today) when he heard his phone ringing. He quickly hopped up from his chair to retrieve his phone by his bed and was a little surprised to see that Aurora was calling him. He answered as he was taking a drink from his mug (that coincidentally was a Game of Thrones mug that had the Stark wolf on it and “Winter is coming” underneath.) “Hey, Aurora. What’s up?” Blinking a few times listening to her, he nodded when she told him her running water wasn’t running. It had been so cold last night that it was likely her pipes frozen if she didn’t keep the whole house warm. It had happened to his parents’ cabin up near a ski lodge frequently. Trenton and his father would make trips up there to check on things when the weather was particularly cold outside.

“Sounds like your pipes are frozen. Hang tight, I’ll grab some supplies and borrow a vehicle or two and be right up. Keep warm. If you’ve got a fireplace, make sure to get it going.” After that he hung up and started to run around and gather some things up like a space heater, some extra wood, the rest of the fresh brewed coffee in a thermos and he could bet Aurora was hungry so he carefully packed some stuff for a hearty breakfast and some things to make some homemade chicken soup. He’d have to stop by the shop for his heat gun and a couple other things. He just hoped none of the pipes had burst and even if they hadn’t, he needed to hurry because they were a ticking time bomb at this point. Stuffing all these things in some bags, he dropped them off on his porch and he sprinted to the garage; it wasn’t far off from his homestead and he knew there was a truck he’d just put chains on the tires of. That could make it to Aurora’s cabin with little problem. He also hooked up a hitch to the back of the truck and put a trailer with a snowmobile on it. Trent knew Aurora couldn’t drive but this was more like riding a bike. Plus there was a lot less things to hit up there and it made getting around in the snow quickly a breeze. He knew she preferred to hunt more than make herself food.

Once everything was packed into the truck, he was on his way deep into the woods. He was never really sure if there was a road to Aurora’s cabin but he always tended to make one himself. Being in a big truck with four wheel drive made it really easy to carve a path. He’d been up to her cabin a couple times. She’d had trouble figuring out some of the things in her home and once a fuse had blown and she’d been in darkness for a while. It took him about twenty minutes to get there and he parked the truck next to the cabin. Hopping out of the vehicle, he brought his supplies with him and knocked on the door. “It’s me. I’ve come to unfreeze your pipes.” He snickered a little at that one, unable to stop himself. Looking down at the snow Aurora had clearly carved a path herself, he frowned to see that there was blood mixed in the snow. He hoped she was okay. There was probably a first aid kit in the truck if she needed it. “I brought some breakfast food and supplies for soup later.” Nothing warmed you up quite like chicken noodle soup.

Phoenix
PM EMAIL
^
Aurora Dumont
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 11:54 PM

Age // 157

Posts // 37

Rank // Pack

Nicknames // Aurora

Species // Werewolf

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there Become so tired, so much more aware By becoming this all I want to do Is be more like me and be less like you

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

She listened to Trent on the other end of the phone. It was a comfort to know she had someone she could count on. He gave her all the space she needed, but when she needed him, he somehow made room in his schedule. She couldnt ask for a better friend. Somehow, he understood her without having to know all the dirty background details on her. He never asked and it didnt seem to bother him that he didnt know much. She didnt know where she would be without him. She probably would have left this pack after joining it if he hadnt been there to convince her to stay.

She listened to him and nodded to herself. She glanced over at the fireplace, feeling dumb for not starting a fire in the first place. I can do that Thank you Trent. She said before hanging up. She sat her phone back on the charger and headed over to her fireplace. She usually never carried her phone on her. She didnt see a need for it. Nobody was really calling her considering she could count on her hand how many people she gave her number to. It was always on silent too. She didnt need the constant dinging of her emails to bother her. She came out so far from the heart of the compound to get away from the noise and ruckus. She certainly didnt need something beeping in her back pocket. Or in this case on her kitchen counter.

She headed over to the pyramid of logs beside her fireplace. She knew with the snow coming she wouldnt want to have to go outside everything the fire started to die down. She know why she hadnt let her fire burn on all night long. If it began to die she would have smelt it and woke up to put more logs on it. She had cause this problem of hers and she had not a clue how to fix it. She took a couple of decent sized logs and placed them in the fireplace before lighting them. She had another fireplace in her bedroom, but one would be good enough for now. She pulled her comforter off the couch and curled up in it beside the fireplace. She rested her cheek on the tall hearth and let the fire warm her face. She ignored the stinging of her palms. She had meant to wrap them in gauze and an ace bandage, but she was too tired to do so. Trent was on his way and if it was bad enough he would make her take care of it.

She must have dozed off in the time it took him from get to her because the next thing she knew there was knock on the door. She blinked awake and lifted her head to peer at the door. Hold on! She called to him and rubbed her eyes. With the blanket draped around her, she headed over to the door and let him. Hurry, its freezing out there. She said as he came in. She quickly shut the door behind him with a shiver from the chilling breeze. Thank you for coming so quickly. She said, pulling the blanket tightly around her small form. I put on a fire and its warmed up a bit. She said and paused. Im sorry. Hi. She said with a half-smile, forgetting her manners for a minute. She let him put all things in his hands down before hugging him from the side. You didnt have to bring all that stuff. I have food I think She said, biting her lower lip, not sure whether she actually had stuff in her fridge for a meal.

Sara
PM EMAIL
^
Trenton Bishop
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 06:34 PM

Age // 44

Posts // 48

Rank // Beta

Nicknames // Trent

Species // Werewolf

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

The wolves are at my door
Waiting for my empire to fall

There had been chatter around the pack about some rumors of Aurora’s past. Yeah, he’d heard about it but never bothered to listen. The only real story would come from her and she hadn’t talked to him about that. Some things. Just little memories here and there. That was fine by him. Trent didn’t like to think about how he hadn’t chosen the wolf life but he sure chose him. He was just trying to roll with the punches when it came to this way of life. Wolf packs seemed to have their own set of rules, outside the human ones. Still. He tried not to think too far back on things sometimes. Trent was sure Aurora felt the same.

Once she’d opened the door, Trent quickly came inside so she could shut the door behind him. Taking off his boots and practically dropping everything to the floor, Trenton ripped off his gloves and reached out to take Aurora’s hands. “I saw blood outside. Are you okay? Here, I’ll get your stove going to warm up the kitchen and boil water and then we can clean your hands and get them patched up.” Trent knew that they would be healed in about an hour or so but still. He didn’t want her just sitting around with her blood on her hands from digging in the snow. He’d been worried it might be something worse hurt on her but he could clearly see it was just her hands. Didn’t she have a snow shovel? He was going to have to get her one for living out here.

He smiled when she took a beat and said hello. It was lopsided but it was genuine. He looked down at all the bags he’d brought and hoped the soup container had not busted open in his rush to put everything down. “Oh I know but a little chicken soup does the soul good. Or something like that.” He wasn’t actually sure how her food storage was going out here. He’d likely check her underground cellar for spare food in case he needed to bring up some supplies for her.

Picking up the bags again, he put them back down once in the kitchen and went to run out to the truck one more time. He brought back two large jugs of water. Putting the firewood into the stove, he lit a match and then tossed the match inside. Shutting the little hinge door, he gathered up a few pots and put water in them to start boiling. He also poured some of the chicken soup in a pot. “I’ll go have a quick look at your basement.” Mostly letting Aurora know that she could just sit down at the kitchen table.

Getting into the basement, he could tell it was really cold down there. He may need to get the heater from his truck. Exploring around a little, he found the wood burner that heated the house. He wasn’t sure if Aurora even know this was down here. There was a small stack of wood next to it and Trent loaded it up and made sure it lit before he went back upstairs. Soon the heater would kick on. Trent nodded with satisfaction. “Any more fireplaces that need lit? We may not need it. I found the heat. Everything you have is fueled with wood. Real old school.” He chuckled a little before sitting down so he could talk to her. Trent cleared his throat. “So have you seen the gun guy lately? He’s the new state governor.” He paused a moment, smiling before continuing. “I have a feeling the governor is trying to sniff up your tree.” He tried to look innocent as he said this but the smirk said it all.

Phoenix
PM EMAIL
^
Aurora Dumont
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 03:16 PM

Age // 157

Posts // 37

Rank // Pack

Nicknames // Aurora

Species // Werewolf

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Scars. Aurora would always have the constant reminder of scars of the things she had been through. She wore her baggy sweatshirts and sweatpants so she could forget for a little while. She had been trying to convince herself for years that the saying ‘out of sight, out of mind’ was true. She would be the first to tell you it was a load of bullshit. Just because she didn’t see them didn't mean they weren’t there. They were there and would always be there. Covering them at this point was so that others couldn’t see them. The pity or judgement of others was the last thing she needed or wanted.

She was surprised by how quick he was to just drop everything where he stood and take her hands to access the damage. She had hoped he wouldn’t noticed the splatter of red across the white snow, but if he hadn’t seen it he would have definitely smelt it. Either way she had been asking for a worried Trent. She was silly to think he wouldn’t noticed the red stains in the first place. She wasn’t all that concerned though so she didn’t see it as a big deal. She looked at her hands and gave a shrug. “I’m fine. I guess my pads were dry and cracking… I guess my hands were suffering the same.” They stung a little bit, but it didn’t bother her. She had a high pain tolerance. She would be fine in just a little while. As good as new. She let him fuss about the little scraps and scratches though. It was nice to have someone care about the small things. It meant they would be there for the bigger things later on.

She peered down at the bags around him and sniffed the air a bit in curiosity. She was actually kind of hungry. She would starve all the way out here if he hadn’t brought things to eat. She was fairly certain her fridge was rather empty. There was probably some sort of leftovers from the week prior and maybe somethings to make for a sandwich on the go, but nothing for a complete meal. She had feeling if she kept this up she wouldn’t be trusted to live on her own. Her stomach growled at the delicious smells around them. She could probably rip into that chicken noodle soup right now, but she was little more civilized than that.

She helped him move all the bags into the kitchen and watched as he essentially took over. She just leaned against the countertop and watched him run back and forth from his car once again, this time bringing in two big jugs of water. She was quite thirsty. Her back up plan if he hadn’t been able to come up for a little while was to get a chunk of snow from outside and start melting it in cups. Probably not the best idea, but it was something. She nodded when he decided to head into the basement and went to sit at the kitchen table. She pulled her blanket tightly around her and fisted it in her hands. She felt quite useless in the moment, but she knew nothing about the inner workings of her home. She knew Trent would fix things. She watched him work on cars all the time so she knew he could take care of things.

She waited quietly until Trent emerged from the depths of her basement. She smiled as he came to join her at the table. “There’s another in my bedroom and there is a small one in the loft… I think it should be alright for now.” She said with a shrug. She leaned back in the chair and gave a heavy sigh when he mentioned the curly haired man. She looked away from him, trying to keep her expression composed. “I’ve seen him on the T.V… But not in person.” She said with a half shrug. She had been quite surprised when she learned he became to newest governor. Maybe that meant he was too busy for come looking for her after their little run in. She sure hoped so. He had been nice to her for that little run in, but she wasn’t about to grovel at his feel because of his kindness. “Well, he can sniff all he wants. I’m not interested in seeing him again.” She could see that smirk on his face. He was highly amused with the situation and she was far from it. “Laugh and smirk all you want Trent. He’s got no chance… And I’m just a lost cause.” She said putting her feet up on the chair beside her.

Sara
PM EMAIL
^
Trenton Bishop
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 10:50 AM

Age // 44

Posts // 48

Rank // Beta

Nicknames // Trent

Species // Werewolf

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

Trent was sitting at the table just smiling at Aurora. She got a little flustered when he mentioned Dante Kane. He had caught them canoodling at the last gun showing he’d done. Honestly, Trenton was proud she could stand to be in someone else’s presence for that long and not punch them in the throat after they got on her nerves. He wanted to encourage this little friendship or whatever it may pan out to be. He should give her a nudge in the right direction.

“Oh he’s not that bad. There’s no way he wasn’t totally polite. He’s always super well mannered and knowledgeable when I ask him things. I even told him to get the Conquest Knight. Next time I saw him he told me I gave him the idea for an investment worth every cent.” He smiled reassuringly at her. Then he heard the heat kick on. Good. Soon enough her pipes would thaw enough that they could run water to get them working again. He’d make sure Aurora had enough wood to last her until everything thawed out again. That was the only trick to living in one of these old school cabins; you had to maintain a lot and work to keep it running smoothly. A more modern one would have been easier but he knew Aurora liked to keep things simple. Nothing bad about that.

Taking a peek over at the pots on the stove, he could see the water was boiling. The soup was taking a little longer but he thought that might be because it had more substance than just plain water. Turning the water off, he then gather up s couple clean rags (he sniffed them to double check.) Getting some antiseptic and gauze to wrap her hands with, he then settled down back at the table and washed the blood from her hands, carefully, with wet rags. He then used the gauze to wipe the antiseptic on. “I know you don’t date and you prefer to be by yourself but maybe having Dante as an ally could be helpful. He really isn’t a bad guy. You might like him under all that curly hair.” There was a smile on Trent’s lips to show that he was just teasing her. But maybe he was also trying to get Aurora to socialize more.

Finishing wrapping up her hands, he nodded at his handiwork. He flexed his own hands to let her know to do the same and see if it was comfortable. Seeing that it was, he checked the soup again. Giving tba stir with a big spoon, he was pretty sure it was warm enough to warm them up. Getting bowls for them both, he poured Aurora a bowl first, getting some bread from the bag he’d brought and setting it on the table, then getting himself a bowl. Once he sat down again and was contentedly watching the steak rise up off the soup, he then remembered to ask, “Oh! Clay asked me to ask if you needed any more tea. She said she has a special blend for you that she’s positive you’ll really like.” Breaking off a chunk of bread as he spoke, he dipped some in his soup broth and took a bite. Now that really hit the spot. No doubt Aurora would be stoked for a hot meal.

Phoenix
PM EMAIL
^
Aurora Dumont
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 02:38 AM

Age // 157

Posts // 37

Rank // Pack

Nicknames // Aurora

Species // Werewolf

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Only reason why she hadn’t ditched Dante sooner was because Trenton was taking his sweet ass time in leaving. She always waited for him to leave before following in suit. Then she got caught up in the whole bullet situation… It had just been a never-ending nightmare. She should have dipped out sooner, but Mr. Kane was a persistent man. He hadn’t been taking no for an answer. She wasn’t sure if that was a good or bad thing. She had only experienced the latter so she didn’t have high expectations for this situation. She had just wanted away from him as soon as possible. Damn those puppy dog eyes of his though… They kept her glued to her spot and she hadn’t been able to move. Damn them…

She groaned as he tried to convince her that he wasn’t that bad of a guy. Yeah. She was sure he was a good guy. He had a good job and now was a very important man. There was no way he had time to track her down, right? He would just forget about her like a pair of old socks that a buried at the back of his sock drawer, right? She hoped. God did she hope he did. It would be best for everybody involved. “He was nice.” She said with a shrug. “He probably just felt bad for me. I don’t need his pity.” She said then paused. “Conquest Knight? You mean the ugly tank looking car that’s always in the parking lot when he comes around? That’s his? You told him to invest in a douche-mobile? He constantly looks like he’s going into war with that thing.” Her soft accent getting a bit thicker the more and faster she spoke. She wasn’t annoyed with Trent, just with the situation at hand. She just sighed and got quiet again. She been able to properly rant about the man to anybody yet. She had talked to Barclay, but the little witch couldn’t help but be excited about the situation. There was no way she was going back to her on the situation. And now her best friend was trying to convince her to give him a chance.

She took a centering breath and glanced out the window. She just listened as Trent got up and moved things around, bringing back some clean rags that had been dipped into the warm water. She let him take her hands to wash. “I’m fine Trent… Really.” She said, but allowed him to fuss over her injured hands. She flinched a little as he wiped away the blood, but it wasn’t all that bad. She just listened as he spoke again. She didn’t meet his gaze, she just watched as he moved the antiseptic around her palms. She flinched again as he hit the tender spots, but let him keep going. It wasn’t anything she couldn’t handle. She peered up at him from under her blonde lashes. “I-I… I don’t know Trent…” She said softly. She didn’t know what she wanted to do about the situation. In truth, she should have expected him to try to talk at some point. Their staring contest had ended and now she was trying her hardest to run away from the situation. There was a serious war going on in her mind. Those eyes… ”Damn him…”

She let him finish wrapping her hands and flexed her hands to show that the wraps fit comfortably. The smell of the soup pulled her from that war as he went to check it. Her stomach grumbled loudly again at the smell. She would have starved if he hadn’t come. She was convinced of it now. She could feel the heat finally beginning to circulate through the small house. Hopefully this meant she could take a warm bath later. She needed to relax and not get herself so worked up over Dante. It wasn’t worth it. She watched him as he prepared the meal and grabbed some bread to dip into the broth. She quickly picked up her spoon and without blowing the hot soup, she brought a spoonful into her mouth. Her mouth was on fire, but it was so worth it. “Hot.” She mumbled and licked the broth from her lips.

She perked a bit when he mentioned the tea from his sister. “I’ll give it a try if she recommends it. She hasn’t led me wrong yet.” She said with a shrug and remembered to blow on the hot soup. She copied what Trent had done and broke off a piece of bread to dunk into the soup and snack on until it wasn’t so hot. “This is good. Did you make it?” she asked and tilted her head a bit in question.

Sara
PM EMAIL
^
Trenton Bishop
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 09:27 PM

Age // 44

Posts // 48

Rank // Beta

Nicknames // Trent

Species // Werewolf

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

It had seemed he’d hit Aurora’s talk button. It wasn’t often Trent hit this but it always surprised him when he did. Something struck her about Mr. Kane. A light touch of a smile curled on the corner of his lip but he tried to not make it painfully obvious he could tell something that Aurora was forcing obvious to. It would come. The realization. It always did. “Well it kinda is a war vehicle but like a luxury one. Have you ever been in ours? I set up a computer in there. It’s so cool. There’s also hidey holes to keep things in everywhere. It’s one of my favorite vehicles to work on besides Baby.” He missed his Impala. The winter months were always cruel to her and Trent didn’t like having her out on the salty roads.

“Um. Maybe I shouldn’t tell you that last time I saw him, he asked about you then.” Really, he had though. That wasn’t just to get her more riled up. Dante had been dropping off his shipment to the pack by hand as he usually did and he’d caught the mechanic’s ear. No doubt Dante had seen Trent hanging around Aurora before now. When they were out in public together, they were usually very close to one another. That had been all Dante asked… Trent might have talked about her more than he should have though. Good things. He never had bad things to say about Aurora anyway.

Hushing her softly when she wanted to protest about him cleaning her wounds off and bandaging her hands. He smiled to let her know that he was just messing around with her and she was allowed to speak and gripe as much as she wanted. Trent was still going to do it. He shrugged a little. “I guess just wait and see what happens with that. Maybe nothing will. Don’t be too surprised if he keeps trying to talk to you.” His voice was low when he said that, bright blue eyes glancing up at her face every now and then. She was always nervous around men. All of them except him. Trenton didn’t know why he was the exception but he was glad that he was. He was glad he was though. He didn’t know he’d finds such a close friend on Misfit Island.
When Aurora just put the spoonful of hot as blazes soup into her mouth, Trent just stared over at her with wide eyes. He’d also heard her stomach growl a couple times since he’d been here. Yeah, he was probably going to have to bring her some food supplies later. Good stuff that she could make quickly and enjoy a good hot meal. He laughed a little, nodded at her calm voice saying it was hot, but she looked to be enjoying it. This was actually a recipe Barclay had given him. Most of the green things and the carrots had come from her too. There was a neat advantage to having a sister so skilled with plants. “I bet it is. Slow down, there’s plenty.” Trent chuckled.

Aurora was aware of this perk too as she also had grown close to Clay in the time that they had known each other. She’d never steer anyone wrong when it came to herbs, plants and teas. It was like she was born with the knowledge but Trent knew she had a lot of books at her place too. Nodding his shaggy head when she asked if he’d made it. “I did. I knew it was going to be getting cold and snowy, New York always is, so I went ahead and made a big pot. There’s a bunch so I thought I’d pawn some off on you.” Smiling pleasantly at her as he chewed on the bread. He could feel the little cabin heating up too. Good. Soon everything will be thawed and Aurora would have to worry about her pipes bursting. That’s when the trouble started to happen. “Clay gave me the recipe.” He said a little sheepishly but knowing Aurora might want to know how to make it herself too. “Feels like its warming up in here! I’m real glad everything went smooth. This could have been pretty bad if a pipe burst. I don’t know if a plumber would come out this far.”

Phoenix
PM EMAIL
^
Aurora Dumont
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 11:08 PM

Age // 157

Posts // 37

Rank // Pack

Nicknames // Aurora

Species // Werewolf

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Aurora was generally a very quiet person. She didn’t speak unless spoken to. Not because it have been drilled into her head to be like that, but because she was too busy being observant. There were very few people who could actually get her talking more than a couple of sentences at a time. Trent was one of those beings. She wasn’t sure what flustered her so much about Mr. Kane. Maybe it was because he had actually taken interest in her and she wanted him to just leave her be. It might have made her a bit nervous. What was she supposed to do in this type of situation? She had not a clue… “No. I haven’t. Maybe I’ve seen it in your garage, but I haven’t really bothered with it.” She said with a shrug. Aurora had always wondered what happened to being a wolf pack without all the fancy technological enhancements. She did appreciate her armor for her wolf form, but what was point of having claws and teeth if you were just going to stand at a distance, point, and shoot? She just didn’t get it. She still didn’t get it after being made to shoot a gun.

She suddenly froze at his words. He had asked about her? Why would he do that? It wasn’t a secret that her and Trent generally stuck to each other when they were out and about. He had probably seen them together more than once. She supposed she couldn’t blame him for noticing, but why would he ask Trent about her? “W-what did he ask? What did you say?” She asked, her eyes pleading for some sort of relief. Had Trent encouraged him to try and contact her? She sure hoped not. She hated this whole situation. It kept her on edge. She didn’t know what she wanted to do about it. She didn’t know how to deal with it. The whole thing just made her anxious. Ah god, she sounded like one of those girls from the stupid movies she watched. Worried about if a boy liked her or not. Really, she was just trying to lose him, but if he was asking about her then it seemed she wasn’t doing such a good job. Apparently disappearing on him hadn’t been a clear enough message.

She sighed when he hushed her protest. She tried to convince everybody time and time again that she didn’t need to be taken care of. She supposed this little stunt had proved that she couldn’t be out here alone for long. Especially for in this kind of weather. She didn’t like asking for help, but maybe she did need some every now and then. She supposed if it was Trent coming out here she wouldn’t mind. She enjoyed his company. Everybody else she would promptly chase off her land. She listened to him quietly as he spoke, warning her that there was a chance he would continue to try and talk to her. “You’re probably right. I guess I need to update my avoidance tactics…” She jested softly with a shrug. Without Trenton she probably would have left this place ages ago and went back to her life of total solitude. He was her rock. He was her person. Without him, this place had no meaning.

Her mouth was just briefly on fire from the steaming spoonful of soup. She hadn’t eaten in… well… since the night before last. She knew he would probably yell at her if he knew that. The deer had been filling, but she had come up short in her hunt the day prior she which left her quite hungry. She probably would have tried to go hunting again this afternoon, but the soup was hitting the spot. “I know… I’m just really hungry.” She admitted as she began to carefully eat the soup.

The young witch had grown on Aurora. Barclay, being the friendly creature she was, had refused to leave Aurora’s life so she just accepted her and let her do as she pleased. Her and Trent were one in the same as she too often came by for visits. Sometimes she spent the night, others she would bring groceries and herbs from her garden to refilled Aurora’s small stock pile of things. Together, the pair took good care of her. Maybe she did need people to watch out for her. She was rather lazy and stubborn. A terrible combination.

“That’s smart… I wish I had hunted some more or something…” She said with a shrug. She pushed some of her tangled blonde hair from her face and behind her ear as she ate. It was warming her up really quick. She felt so much better than she had a little while ago. Thank god for Trent and his handiness or her house could have flooded. From the outside it probably just looked like a pile of logs, but it was her pile of logs. Plus, there was no way she would have gone back to the center of the compound. She had a taste of solidarity again there was no way she was going back. “That doesn’t surprise me. She’s a pretty good cook too.” She said, knowing that she mostly only used her little one burner to make tea. If she wasn’t hunting then she was eating something she could cook in the microwave. “It does feel better in here. Thank you for coming to fix it. I don’t know what I would have done.” She said with a soft smile.

He had done a little bit of poking around in her own personal life so she decided the question she had for him was only fair. “Have you been seeing anybody?”

Sara
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates