Welcome to Faces in TheNight

Welcome to New York, home of the city that never sleeps. That couldn’t be more true. Recently, the Angels were shot down from Heaven and their wings were revoked by the Reapers. The race was disbanded, but now to step into their place are the Valkyrie, an ethereal race of warriors so seek justice for those who deserve it. With balance restored, the Demons have a worthy foe and continue their path of mischief and mayhem. Humans fight to be heard while Witches fear to be seen. Shape shifters are the outcasts of this world, but refuse to be put down. Werewolves claw to be at the top of the food chain, but Vampires are always plotting and scheming to be superior.

Welcome to a world where nightmares come to life. The day time isn't all that safe either. Who do you align with? Where do you stand in this crazy life? Or will you be just another face in the night?

Weekly Updates
Beginners Guide
The Night Market
Coming Soon
Demons
01 M
02 F
Humans
03 M
01 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
03 M
03 F
Valkyrie
---
01 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
04 M
01 F
Witches
03 M
04 F
Totals
17 M
15 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

The Link, Ronnie
Vadim Yakovich
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 08:05 PM

Age // 41

Posts // 34

Rank // Avtorityet

Nicknames // Skär

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Straight

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

Appearing back on the boardwalk, Vadim staggered as he became aware of where he was. Looking around, no one seemed surprised to see him there and after checking his pockets, he pulled out the brooch. So it wasn’t a dream or trick. He had really been there. With her. Even now, he could feel beat of her heart as his magic continued to wrap itself around her.

Returning back to the safehouse, he called for Luka, his most trusted ally in this city and waited for his friend to arrive. Whilst he did, he gathered a few key ingredients for the spell. There was likely a quicker spell that didn’t require anything other than his words and magic, but he wanted to use the powerful spell to ensure that he wasn’t sent to a general area instead of her exact location.

When Luka arrived, he instructed him to prepare for a journey. They could be going anywhere in the world. Catching his spell over a chalked spot, he fed his magic into the markings and began to chant ”Staryye bogi, poslushayte menya seychas. Naydite zhenshchinu, kotoraya chuvstvuyet moye ob"yatiye. Skazhi mne, gde ona. Pozvol'te mne pokazat' yey svoye istinnoye litso.”

After a flash of light, his magic died down and he smiled. The spell had worked and he could sense her. She was closer than he had first thought. She was in this very city. Telling Luka where to take him, they set off into the city. It took them about an hour to get there, but get there they did. Where exactly was this? From the looks of it, he believed he had ended up at her home.

Telling Luka to go after dropping him off, he looked around and followed his senses. There was nothing telling him to go. Not exactly. It was like he knew it already. As if he had been here a million times before. By now, the pulse was deafening. Moving up to the door that felt right, he took a chance and knocked loudly on the door, before stepping back to allow for polite conversation.

Crayola
PM
^
Ronnie Olivia Towns
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 03:24 PM

Age // 19

Posts // 36

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Ronnie

Species // Human

Crayola + Eastern + She/Her

wish we could turn back time
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
Panting, Ronnie looked up and around. She was still clutching the prize she'd won in her hands. Somehow, she'd been teleported out of that hellhole restaurant and back to the last place she remembered being—at work. Or, rather, just outside it. She'd been on her way home.

She was still wearing her work clothes, even. Although, they were a fair bit dustier now and her shoes were covered with a fine layer of sticky nastiness that had been all over the floor.

Standing up, she looked at the brooch in her palm. The voice had said something about it making people confused about numbers. That if she wanted something cheap—or maybe even wanted to sell something for a lot more money—this accessory would do the trick.

Well, she'd debate later about that moral quandary. Right now she just wanted to go home.

One short bus ride later, she was safe in her house. Her father welcomed her home and she muttered her reply before disappearing into the room they shared. It had two beds and two dressers, but her dad tended to do all his dressing and stuff inside the bathroom, allowing Ronnie to use the room most of the time until he needed to sleep.

For the most part, they just hung out in the living room, anyway. When neither of them was working, anyway. It was rare that both of them were home at the same time outside of the weekends.

All she wanted was a long nap. And a fucking bath. She settled for a quick shower, though, washing all the grime and sweat from her body before she collapsed on her bed for a good, long nap. Probably full of nightmares. It seemed like she had just barely closed her eyes when someone came knocking at the door.

Groaning, she let her dad answer it and just rolled over. He, however, asked if she could grab it.

Ronnie yelled into her pillow, successfully stifling her anguish, then picked herself up and headed back into the living room, muttering angrily to herself the whole time. She was exhausted. At least her dad was actually working and not just being lazy: it looked like he was repairing someone's cell phone or tablet or something.

Swinging the door open, Ronnie took a step back in surprise when she recognized Vadim. However, she was severely concerned that he was showing up at her front door.

"What are you—" she stopped and looked over her shoulder to tell her dad. "I'm stepping outside for a moment!"

She squeezed through the door without waiting for her dad's response and closed it behind her before finishing her question for Vadim. "What are you doing here? How did you get here or find me?" she bombarded him, but not in an unkind or angry manner.

Well, maybe a little bit. Though, she had wondered if he was okay.

PM
^
Vadim Yakovich
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 04:58 PM

Age // 41

Posts // 34

Rank // Avtorityet

Nicknames // Skär

Species // Witch

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

There was a long pause before the door opened yet he could feel her presence getting stronger with every second. He felt both relief for her being ok yet a nervous ripple as he realised that he did not have a plan for when he actually found her. Knowing he was about to have to think on his feet, he figured he’d simply roll with the punches and see how it went. He was unsure how much she even remembered.

He was relieved to see that she recognised him, although he was curious as to why she felt the need to hide him from whoever was inside. Stepping back to allow her some breathing room, he smiled and nodded. ”I thought I would stop by and make sure that you were ok. Given our last encounter was not just a dream, I was unsure how you would deal with it.”

Lifting his right hand up, he kissed his palm and in a matter of seconds, she began to glow a lime green before the colour blew away from her as if a gentle breeze was washing it from her. The green flakes drifted into his hand until there was no more green in the air. ”When you returned here, you came back with some of my magic still inside of you.”

Lowering his hand, he smiled and moved slightly closer. ”I also wanted to make sure you were ok. Though I was impressed with how you handled yourself. What was it? Instinct? Training? Or are those kind of freak shows common around here? I’ve only been in the city for a few months. Back home, it is not so common to be kidnapped. Even if you believe what the papers say.”

Crayola
PM
^
Ronnie Olivia Towns
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 04:50 PM

Age // 19

Posts // 36

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Ronnie

Species // Human

Ronnie swallowed, unsure what exactly to say to him. To say she was dealing with it was a bit of an overstatement--she'd barely gotten home and showered before he'd arrived. Her plan had to been to take a long nap and then process it all over some food.

What she told him, though, was "I'm fine, I guess?"

Close enough.

She about leaped out of her skin when a green aura enveloped her. As if the light was a swarm of bugs, she brushed at the skin of her arms until it started to float away. Ronnie watched with her brows furrowed as it returned to his waiting hand. His unprompted answer explained it away quite simply, but she didn't feel satisfied.

Magic was beyond her. She was only human, after all, and she hadn't ever seen it worked in front of her before that day.

"Okay, sure, why not," she muttered more to herself than to him.

His accent was becoming somewhat normal after speaking with him a few times. She could pick out what he was saying a lot easier, but she still had to use context clues to fill in anything else. She took a step back at his approach, but her front door kept her from going anywhere and he was able to close the gap freely.

Vadim didn't seem to mean her any harm; if that were the case, he would have left her to die to those animatronic atrocities.

"Like I said, I'm doing fine," she repeated, however hollow those words were. She hadn't had the time to properly deal with the events but she was holding on, at least. "I want to be a cop, so I have to be ready for anything. If I don't work well under pressure or potential life-or-death situations . . . I'll never make it."

Though she wasn't about to tell him any details, it wasn't the first time she'd been a hairy situation. She did suffice to say, "I've had a few brushes, but never like that. Didn't always live in a stable place like this apartment."

If it could even be called that.

PM
^
Vadim Yakovich
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 03:38 PM

Age // 41

Posts // 34

Rank // Avtorityet

Nicknames // Skär

Species // Witch

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

The mood felt off to Vadim. This was the same girl from that event yet there was more of a barrier here than before. Which was strange, in Vadim’s eyes. They had murder robots trying to do all kinds of stabby shit to them and she was far more relaxed during all that. Vadim enjoyed a good mystery and this girl was a brand new one. He did need something other than his brother’s murder to think about.

The revelation about her wanting to be a cop was not missed by the heir to a criminal empire. However, unlike many would expect, this did not upset Vadim. In fact, it made him happy. The more he saw of this city, the more he felt like this was a brand new world to tap into and having own rookie working through the ranks, now there was something to invest in.

”Well I am glad to hear that you are ok. I get the impression that now is not a good time. Perhaps we can go for a meal somewhere, talk things over. I can do now to anytime in the future. We went through something together. This creates a bond that I always found sets up a trusted future. Some of my best friends have this very bond with me. What do you say?”

Vadim was the kind of man who lived for his work. The future of his empire was important to him and whilst others would be looking to bed the young lady before him, he was looking to set up years of business instead. She might think she was much of a future but Vadim had a knack for spotting useful talent years before they are needed. His father often trusted his judgement about someone more than his own advisors.

Crayola
PM
^
Ronnie Olivia Towns
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 08:53 PM

Age // 19

Posts // 36

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Ronnie

Species // Human

Oh, now he realized that it wasn't a good time? What had been the first clue? It couldn't have possibly been that he'd shown up unannounced at her front step even though the only thing he knew about her was her first name. No, it couldn't have been that at all.

And to think, his only real explanation was "because magic".

She bit back the sarcastic remark, though, and simply nodded her head. He was still a little close for her comfort, and she was finding it difficult to shake the feeling that she was trapped.

He might not mean her any harm, but Ronnie knew to be wary of anyone thanks to the condition of her neighborhood.

His offer of a potential meal was tempting. Ronnie eyed him and decided the offer was genuine enough so she let out some of the tension in her shoulders without dropping her guard completely and gave him yet another nod. She had a lot to process, though, so it was out of the question that it happen right then.

Ronnie stopped herself from asking if he was buying. It was one of her least favorite things to ask, even if it was true that she was dirt poor. She was certain she could scrounge up enough to at least buy an appetizer somewhere.

Or a side of fries.

"How's tomorrow work for you?" She asked it a little sharper than she'd meant and softened up for the next part. "We can go to the diner a few blocks away. You had to pass it on the way into the complex. Around one in the afternoon?"

It was usually busy, she could afford a meal there, and it was close to home. If this guy was unsavory and playing some sort of con, she would at least feel safe going there. She owed him the benefit of the doubt, though. She owed him a conversation and a chance. He'd played a major part in her survival, and she could not deny that.

PM
^
Vadim Yakovich
 Posted: Aug 8 2018, 09:45 AM

Age // 41

Posts // 34

Rank // Avtorityet

Nicknames // Skär

Species // Witch

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

”That sounds perfectly fine. I believe I did see it on the way here, however, I shall ensure I am sure on my return home. Here are my details” he responded, pausing only to pull out his business card for her, politely passing it up to her. ”Should you need to get in contact with me before then, feel free to call. I have some friends in this neighbourhood who can help if anything bad happens.”

With a gentle nod, he stepped backwards and made his way back home for the night.

---------------------------------

Arriving first at the diner, he had a few minutes to spare before her arrival so he took no time to find and hold a table. The diner was fairly busy, mostly made up people finishing their lunch breaks but it wasn’t manic. Politely declining service until her arrival, he waited in silence, observing the people around him. There was something about Vadim that always felt off with people and only he understood what it was.

Whilst others would look down, away to the side, or maintain eye contact just long enough to seem confident, Vadim would not stop staring. He would not blink. He would not flinch. Vadim would look into your very soul and learn everything he needed to know about you. It was all about the body language. You could tell a lot about a man by how he handles pressure and Vadim was always looking to learn.

When Ronnie arrived, he rose to his feet, motioning to the stall by his chosen table. It was like the stalls you would see in the old 50’s films. An old red leather seat that wrapped around half the table, which was fixed to the floor with a single pole. At this point, Vadim signalled with his hands to the waitress and resumed his seat once Ronnie had taken hers.

Crayola
PM
^
Ronnie Olivia Towns
 Posted: Aug 9 2018, 11:46 AM

Age // 19

Posts // 36

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Ronnie

Species // Human

It had been the perfect amount of time. She'd gotten a nap, a luke-warm shower, her dad had made an ok meal, and she'd even had a good night's rest. Ronnie though she'd be too keyed up to sleep, but she'd passed out and slept like a baby.

No dreams that she could remember, even.

Good. She could put the whole ordeal behind her and move on.

She'd thought about calling off her "date" a couple times but decided that it would be fair to him, and he hadn't seemed like an entirely unpleasant guy to talk to. It had just been an unfortunate time for him to show up at her door. Ronnie was feeling leagues better, anyway, so she was fine with showing up.

The diner was a short (relatively) walk from her apartment. She didn't bother wearing anything she wouldn't normally wear, so there was no prep time. The clock struck one in the afternoon and Ronnie walked into the diner a moment or two later, caught up by a traffic light.

Vadim was already waiting and Ronnie just barely concealed her grimace - not because he came, but because she wasn't sure how long he'd been there.

Ronnie took her seat at the booth, the vinyl creaking under her scant amount of weight. She tried to keep a respectable distance and even smiled at him in greeting. "Hey, how long have you been waiting? It's one o'clock, right?" she asked, searching the diner walls for a clock.

notes; \o/ yay a post

tag; Dark

words; two hundred fifty

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates