Welcome to Faces in TheNight

Welcome to New York, home of the city that never sleeps. That couldn’t be more true. Recently, the Angels were shot down from Heaven and their wings were revoked by the Reapers. The race was disbanded and now the balance of power is off in the worst way possible. The Demon’s aren’t hesitant in the least bit to take advantage of this time before balance is somehow restored. Humans fight to be heard while Witches fear to be seen. Shape shifters are the outcasts of this world, but refuse to be put down. Werewolves claw to be at the top of the food chain, but Vampires are always plotting and scheming to be superior. Valyrian is a bustling realm of Elves and Dragons that fight their own war.

Welcome to a world where nightmares come to life. The day time isn't all that safe either. Who do you align with? Where do you stand in this crazy life? Or will you be just another face in the night?

Weekly Updates
Beginners Guide
The Night Market
Coming Soon
Demons
01 M
02 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
01 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
04 M
03 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
04 M
02 F
Witches
03 M
04 F

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Star-Crossed, It was only a matter of time
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 01:33 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 49

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

Status // Single + Who Knows

Crayola + Eastern + She/Her

It's miserable and magical oh
We're happy free confused and lonely at the same time
The guy wasn't much for small talk.

That didn't bother Alexis, though. She could keep herself entertained and her fair wasn't irritated by the radio, at least. Normally, she would have been jamming out if she was by herself. That wasn't the case, though, so she just lip-synced and bobbed her head instead.

He didn't even want to partake in her free candy! Who didn't want free candy?! She could usually give away at least one piece per fair.

Oh well. More for her at the end of the day.

His destination came up, announced by the tidy voice of the lady in her GPS app. Alexis turned down her music—because, as people well know, having the music too loud makes it harder to navigate—and pointed at a building while half-turning toward the guy sitting in her backseat.

"Is this the place?" she asked.

"Yeah," he grunted, gathering his things. "Thanks."

Honestly, Alexis hadn't even been expecting gratitude of any sort. She brightened up and smiled at him. "You're welcome! Enjoy your. . .whatever you're doing!" she said, perky as ever.

All she got in return was a grunt as he slammed shut her back door.

Unfettered, Alexis turned back in her seat and checked her phone for the next fair, but then she realized what time it was. It was the brighter side of midnight, so not too late, but her parents had told her to avoid picking up passengers in the dead of night.

Any kind of midnight was the "dead of night" for her parents, so she went off the clock. Not quite ready to go home, she decided that it looked like a safe-ish area—maybe not enough street lights around, but she lived life on the edge—and stepped out of her vehicle to stretch her legs. She'd been driving people around for hours and was getting a butt cramp.

Outside of her perfectly climate-controlled car, it was like being slapped in the face with a block of ice. She shivered and wrapped her arms around herself, but Alexis wasn't a quitter so she didn't jump back in at the first sign of adversity.

Breathing sharply through her mouth, she stretched her legs and arms. To herself, she said, "Too bad it's so dark, I could go for a fly."

A curious sound caught her attention and she let her arms, stretched high over her head, fall back to her sides. The sparse street lamps didn't lend much to the lighting of the block, but she tried all the same to peer into the darkness before deciding to investigate.

Wasn't that the direction her fair had gone?

PM
^
Dagfinn Baugsson
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 07:12 PM

Age // 1,458

Posts // 72

Rank // Alpha of Alphas

Nicknames // Dag

Species // Werewolf

Status // Married + Straight

De døde legemer har bygget mitt imperium

Dark + GMT (England) + He/Him

His black fur bristled in the icy winds, as he moved quietly through the back alleys. New York City. How he always enjoyed the state’s neutral playground. With all three packs in agreement that NYC and by extension, Long Island, should be neutral ground for all parties to work in, it certainly meant that there were a lot more encounters with each other than usual.

What had started out as a routine visit to the city had quickly become a small hunt. Whilst he had been looking at some jewellery for his wife, he had picked up the scent of some rival wolves. Saranacs to be precise. Now that wasn’t to say he would drop everything and go hunting normally, but tonight’s scent came with an added taste of blood in the air. There had been a kill. This was fair game.

Storing his clothes in his car, he had shifted and set off to follow the scent. Having kept to alleys to avoid startling any humans, he had travelled a fair few blocks before he got a fresher scent. Dag could tell that there were three wolves at least. There was even a hint of alcohol in their scent. Drunk wolves could make for troublemakers, so any tick on the fair game list.

Not only was the hunt in the air. He could almost taste an incoming snow storm. Every fibre of his body warned him to head back to his car yet he could not shake the feeling that he needed to continue. Moving into some of the darker backroads of the area, he came across a fresh kill; a middle-aged man, surrounded by a mixture of items blowing along in the wind.

Sniffing the scene, he was trying to work out why he had been simply left on the side of the road when he caught a glimpse of a wolf further down the road. In the distance, he could a lady and a car. Between them was a trio of wolves moving between the streetlamps, splitting across the road and heading straight for the lady, picking up the pace as they did so.

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 08:03 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 49

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

She couldn't put a name on the sound she'd heard, but it didn't set off any alarm bells right away. It probably should have. For a normal person, it would have. But this was Alexis. She didn't do alarms.

"Dude bro, you alright?" she called, making no move to leave her car. She was officially off the clock, so Alexis had slipped out of professional mode.

He didn't answer and she shrugged. Must not have been anything out of the ordinary. She ducked back into her car long enough to grab a few bags of trash she had stashed under her seat—fast food bags to keep her energy up while she sat around in her car, waiting for fairs.

Might as well clean her car out before she got home.

Wasn't like she was doing anything else, and midnight was just the perfect time to clean out your car. Wasn't it?

Alexis carried her armful of trash to the garbage can at the corner of the nearest building. She whistled a little tune as she went, and just as she disposed of the offending items, she heard footsteps fast approaching and turned her head.

Even in the darkness, she could tell that whatever was running around out there, it wasn't human. Big dark shapes. She didn't have very great senses, but she took a big, deep breath anyway and picked up the faintest scent of canines—wolves? Werewolves maybe out for a run? In the middle of the city and—were they allowed to do that?

The tiniest of alarm bells tinkled in her brain, but she ignored it and watched the shadows for a moment. She hadn't seen a werewolf in feral form up close before. Not for lack of trying, she just didn't know many werewolves on a personal level.

That alarm bell rang just a little louder as she realized the hulking shadows were running swiftly toward her.

In her mind, she weighed the options. Friend or foes? The bird in her, luckily, was much more flighty than she was. It cawed, pleading for her to flee. Her car was on, keeping the cabin warm. She was close enough to it, and there was the smallest amount of urgency in her movements as she opened the door to climb inside.

"I'll finish cleaning tomorrow morning," she muttered to herself as she closed the door.

Then, the first wolf leaped onto her hood and she squawked in surprise, throwing her phone clear into the back, where landed on top of her rear speakers in the window. The wolf was all fangs and snarls, and her car was soon surrounded.

She sat frozen for a second, then blurted out, "Could you guys not? My insurance doesn't cover werewolf-related damage!"

PM
^
Dagfinn Baugsson
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 10:04 PM

Age // 1,458

Posts // 72

Rank // Alpha of Alphas

Nicknames // Dag

Species // Werewolf

Now there were many reasons to get involved here. First, there were the consequences of a wolf kill so openly in the streets. The humans would have a few months of hating wolves and business would take a bit of a kicking before status quo is resumed. They never did like to be reminded that they are food. Something always seemed to stir in them when they remembered the reality of life.

Secondly, they were Saranac wolves. Fair game. And third of all, nothing like a bit of good press for the pack if he saved a life. But first, he needed to actually save a life. Racing towards the trio at full sprint, he was upon the first wolf on the hood in no time, barrelling over the roof with him in his teeth. A tear and snap later, a dead wolf lay behind the car.

In a flash, he was down the side of the car, tearing into the second wolf as the third leapt over the front of the car to join in. Turning in time to place the injured wolf in the teeth of the third, teeth and claws met with flesh on both sides. As the second wolf fell into a slump, the third tried to escape but was pulled back and silenced with a violent shake.

Rising to his feet, Dag stood there, panting hard as he looked into the car at the shifter inside. Blood covered his fur and the cold wind was already starting to get to him. Shifting into his human form, he climbed into the back of the car and shut the door behind him. After a moment of quiet, he finally spoke. ”I’m Dag…”

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 10:54 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 49

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

As Alexis could have predicted, the wolves did not care for her insurance-related plight. All that stood between her and half a ton of angry fuzz balls was the thin sheet of fiberglass and metal. She hadn't even thought to lock her damn doors.

Ha! With what opposable thumbs would they be opening her doors?

"Ehh! Ehh!" she whined, searching her back seat for something to protect herself with. All she found was another few bags of empty fast food containers and a textbook she'd been looking for.

She picked that up and grimaced. "Oh, that's where you were."

Just as she finished that non-sequitur, there was a loud yelp from outside that made her sit up straight in her seat, textbook held against her chest. If push came to shove, it was hardback and it did weigh about five pounds. If she was lucky, she could make one of them bite their tongues.

Before, you know, they just bit her. And then ate her. Or whatever it was they were planning to do once they destroyed her car and the source of her income.

However, the yelp had come from one of the aggressors. A small hairline fracture had appeared in her windshield, splintering out from a chip the wolf had made when, presumably, slamming its forehead against the glass.

Sweet, I can say a rock hit me. That's covered by insurance! she thought in a strange moment of victory.

Besides that, though, another werewolf had entered the fray. Alexis leaned forward in her seat, still clutching her textbook like a lifeline, and watched as the big black wolf fought off the other three.

"Ah yes, the controversial one at a time strategy," Alexis muttered under her breath, moving her whole body to follow the fight. Whoever was out there taking them all on, they seemed to be a bit bigger than the others. Perhaps that gave them a natural advantage—probably helped that the others seemed to be pretty dang stupid.

When all was said and done, the three werewolves were promptly dispatched and the victor caught their breath before—wait, what was that werewolf turning into?

A big naked man.

Who was climbing into her car.

Wide-eyed, Alexis turned until she was backward in her seat, staring over her headrest at the naked lumberjack sitting in her backseat. She made a mental note to bleach that seat sometime. She said nothing, but her mouth bobbed up and down as if she was trying to find the words.

Then, the naked lumberjack spoke. "I'm Dag."

Alexis was silent for a few seconds, then replied with "I'm Alexis. Friends call me Lexi. Thanks for that. They were really messing up my money maker."

PM
^
Dagfinn Baugsson
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 04:41 PM

Age // 1,458

Posts // 72

Rank // Alpha of Alphas

Nicknames // Dag

Species // Werewolf

His heart was still racing from the flurry of activity, but his nerves were calm again. He knew one day that his lack of fear for his own safety would bite him in the ass, however, until that day, he’d carry on fully believing in his own ability. He had to. The moment he stopped believing he could do anything, he would begin to fail. Besides, when you get to his age, you would start to believe you were truly immortal.

For a lady that was just about to become dinner, she seemed rather curious about him. He could smell that she was a shifter of some kind, so nudity should not bother her. It was always fun to explain how he could tell what someone smelled like. If anything, it was more of what food they smelled like. It was the best way he could find to explain it in plain English. Never usually got follow up questions.

”Then I shall call you Lexi. Tell me Lexi, would you happen to have a phone with you that I could quickly borrow? We should get the mess sorted out before someone gets the wrong idea.” Noticing a phone attached to the dashboard, he motioned for it and waited for it to be handed to her. Thanking her, he went about texting his position with instructions and attached code to prove it was him.

Passing her phone back, he continued his little talk with her. ”If you would be so kind, I've parked a few blocks away, where I also have my clothes packed away. They contain my wallet and as you put it, this is your money maker, so allow me to pay for the damages. I’m parked over in West 47th Street. The Jewelry District. I imagine you’re familiar with it. Pretty young thing like you must always have beautiful things to wear.”

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 05:27 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 49

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

Alexis pursed her lips and followed his gesture toward the phone mount she had on her dashboard. She reached out to grab her phone from it but realized that it wasn't there.

"Uh, hang on," she muttered, casting furtive glances in his direction to make sure he wasn't about to change his tune and decide to eat her.

Where had her phone gone? She remembered having it with her when she'd taken to her car for shelter, and then the werewolf had leaped onto her hood and broken her windshield. He'd scared the shit out of her and her phone had gone—she'd thrown it.

That's right.

She turned back around in her seat and indicated behind him. "It's uh, it's back there. In the window. Kinda, flew outta my hand when that werewolf surprised me," she said with a humorless chuckle, her voice quiet and subdued.

Once he was finished with it, she graciously took it back and carefully mounted it back into its spot.

"You. . .need a ride? Oh—yeah, sure," she agreed. "And uh, I sure appreciate the offer to pay for my car and everything. A ride's the least I can do for. . .that, and well, I guess the whole. . .almost died. . .thing. . . ."

It was as if she couldn't quite process what had just happened. What was happening. With trembling fingers, she punched in the address he gave her and let the GPS route them a path. Alexis sat back while it loaded, wondering what else she could do to pay this man back.

He had saved her life, after all.

Alexis laughed and said, "I'm kind of familiar with it, yes. And if you think flattery is gonna make me feel better—well you'd be absolutely right Mr. Dag."

With the GPS set, she pulled out of her parallel parking and, straining to see the dead wolves so she didn't accidentally run them over and cause any more damage to her vehicle, set off for his car. She watched him in the rearview mirror, also careful to pay attention to the road. That would be just what she needed: survive a werewolf attack only to die in a head-on collision.

"What, uh, what brings a werewolf lumberjack up here to NYC?" she asked, falling back on failed attempts at humor and all her small talk skills to fill the silence between them.

Wait, was it racist to call him a lumberjack?

Wait—why would it be racist?

PM
^
Dagfinn Baugsson
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 08:12 PM

Age // 1,458

Posts // 72

Rank // Alpha of Alphas

Nicknames // Dag

Species // Werewolf

Despite killing three wolves only moments ago, he found her happy bubble of positive vibes rubbing off on him and a smile crossed his mind. He’d never met someone so happy so soon after almost being eaten. Though it did make sense to him. Relief did some funny things to a mind. Maybe she was in some kind of shock? Maybe letting her drive wasn’t such a great idea…

”If you think flattery makes you feel good, you should see what I can do with my fingers” he joked, knowing all too well that could completely fluster her in her current state of shock. It was about time he started to play again. His wife had given birth to his children and he’d been more than patient. Even now, a few months later, he had not jumped on the first person he’d come across since!

Her question caught him off guard and he had taken longer than he’d ever like to admit to work out what she had meant by it. ”I had been checking in on a few businesses I have set up down in the city and eventually ended up shopping whilst I was down here. Always nice to take something home for the wife. Today it was going to be jewellery until I got wind of those three.”

”What about yourself? Do you live in the city or do you just work here? I can’t imagine it’s too cheap to be living down this way. I actually live up by Albany. Much cheaper up that way. Cost of land is pennies compared to what they charge for a single person apartment in the city. I guess it’s a city for people with too much money to spend. Can’t say I’ve ever wanted to spend all mine though.”

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 01:43 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 49

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

Alexis glanced over her shoulder at Dag, brows furrowed in curiosity. "You mean, like a massage? That does sound nice," she added under her breath. She did tend to carry her stress on her shoulders, and despite her blase demeanor, she was stressing out something awful.

She doubted he was offering to give her a massage, though. That would be weird. They'd just met, he'd killed some fuzzy murderers, and now she was driving him home.

He was obviously just jesting, anyway, if the tone of his voice was any indication.

Suddenly, she let out a little squeak as she realized she was drifting into the other lane as her mind wandered. She quickly corrected the car and let her breath out. Hopefully Dag didn't notice that. She was ok. Just a little rattled. She could get him safely to his destination like she did all her other passengers.

The GPS lady told her to make a turn, so she did. Then she found herself stuck at a red light for the time being and she sat back to take a breather.

"I live with my parents in one of the Burroughs. I'm going to school full-time, so this whole uber thing is just in my off time. Gotta get the hours where I can, so I took this last fair before heading home," she explained, flattening her ruffled hair against her head. She didn't even remember at what point it was messed up.

Once the light turned over, Alexis was back on the way. "I hope you at least found something nice for your wife before you had to. . .do that thing you did," she said.

PM
^
Dagfinn Baugsson
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 08:48 PM

Age // 1,458

Posts // 72

Rank // Alpha of Alphas

Nicknames // Dag

Species // Werewolf

Oh sweet innocent mind. ”Sure, like a massage” he agreed, nodding away in the least insulting manner he could muster. His wife knew very well what he could do with his fingers. He was unsure which way his mind was swinging right now. A good kill always needed some kind of celebration afterwards. The more he thought about it, the more he wanted it.

When she mentioned her last fair, his mind switched back to normal for the time being. ”Odd looking fella with some bags? There was something of him left just before they turned their attention to you. I hope he wasn’t a regular.” It may have been cold, yet he felt oddly casual about mentioning the death of her previous fair. This was his world. Always had been.

”What I did is just part of my world. I’m just sorry that you had to witness it. We try to keep it out of the public’s way if we can. It would seem that the once great Saranac pack is resorting to gang-like behaviour. I will be keeping an eye on them, don’t you worry your pretty little face about that.” Looking out the window, he realised they were soon reaching their destination.

”I think I’ll give her a good fuck when I get back. She tends to prefer that to shiny things. How about you? What would you prefer as a thank you? Something shiny or something hard? Though I guess diamonds fall under both…” There was very little time left and he didn’t want to just lose her to the city. This one could be fun. And Dag always enjoyed fun.

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 10:29 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 49

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

A small pang of guilt shot through Alexis when she realized that her fair had been killed. Her expression turned crestfallen and she sighed before muttering, "Yeah, that was the guy. . . ." and falling silent once again.

But, she remembered that he at least couldn't leave a review if he was dead. That would have been just what she needed, a posthumous review reading somewhere along the lines of "0/5 stars, dropped me off at my destination and then I was promptly murdered by werewolves. Would not ride with her again."

It was the little things that counted.

"Ah, yes. The. . .sarlacc pack. How the, uh, mighty have fallen," she agreed with a sage nod. As if she knew anything about what Dag was saying. By God, though, she was going to do her best to participate in the conversation anyway. "About time someone came along and taught them what-for. Cleaned up our streets."

Nailed it.

She glanced back in her rearview mirror at him, her brow furrowed, when he asked her what she wanted. Alexis barely heard anything else, stuck on the first bit the most.

Alexis said, "Me? Bruh, if anyone here needs a thank-you present that's you. I didn't do nothing except sit in my car and hope. Though, I totally could have at least hit one of them with my college algebra textbook. I was ready. You should pick that thing up, weighs like fifty billion tons. Might give someone a concussion if used right."

Her GPS announced that she'd reached her destination, but it hadn't quite brought them close enough. Damn thing didn't always know side roads and business plazas very well. She had to drift around, waiting for the right numbers to pop up or for Dag to point to the right building.

Plenty of time for her to iron out this whole thing.

"So, my lumberjack in shining armor, what's it gonna be? A free ride isn't good enough a reward. I think I have like, a gift certificate from Target in here somewhere. . . ," she muttered, pulling to a stop so she could rummage through her wallet. Idly, she motioned with her hand and added, "You can have that whole bowl of candy if you want it, too. . .um, I can buy you a drink, owe you a life debt and be bound to you until I repay it. . . ."

She was rambling. God, she knew she was rambling but she couldn't stop herself. Alexis was still high on adrenaline and now the shock of it all was starting to wear her down.

PM
^
Dagfinn Baugsson
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 09:53 AM

Age // 1,458

Posts // 72

Rank // Alpha of Alphas

Nicknames // Dag

Species // Werewolf

A smile crossed his face when he realised where they had pulled up. Letting her speak for a bit, he politely declined a voucher. ”Perhaps you’ll let me buy you a drink? I know a few places around here that serve good stuff. But first, I should get changed. You’re a better driver than you realise. That is my car.” Pointing forward, his finger extended towards the parked Ford Mustang V8 GT in front.

Tapping the back of her car, he asked her to wait and moved around to the back of his car. Popping open the boot, he pulled out his clothes and calmly got dressed. He didn’t care about the odd person passing by who might stare. He was used to this. Once he was done, he moved back to her car and tapped on her window so he could speak to her.

”How about I drive you? I can have your car picked up and dropped off back at your place. Which is where I’ll get you safely back to later on. I think we’ve got an interesting night ahead of us if you decide to join me.” He was already planning his evening event in his mind and knew exactly where to take her to give her the best evening. Dag would be lying if he denied enjoying being the big spender.

This was clearly a moment of trust between them. He may have saved her life however he had met people in the past who still didn’t think this warranted a personal level of trust. For Dag, meeting new people was what kept him going. Sure, one day they would die and he’d still be here. That never stopped hurting. But if he never met anyone new, he’d go stir crazy.

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 04:24 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 49

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

He declined her offers—and she really thought she was on to something with that whole "life debt" thing—and instead insisted that she let him buy her a drink. She chewed on her bottom lip. She was granted the time to think about it, though, as he climbed out to fetch some clothes.

She'd almost forgotten that he was naked.

Wait, had he been propositioning her earlier? No—no that would be ridiculous. That didn't just happen to people. He was married!

Part of her wanted to insist that he tell her what he wanted from her. Alexis was determined to make good on his saving her. However, as he dressed and headed back over, she realized that maybe this was what he wanted as payment. Just some company for the night, or something.

If that was it, she certainly could provide that. She rolled down her window when he tapped and listened to his proposition. It seemed more and more likely that she was right.

It occurred to her that her parents might be unhappy with her giving away the address to her house, but didn't figure it would hurt anything.

"Yeah, um, okay. Sure. Just don't steal my car or rob my parents' place," she said, half-joking. She pulled her keys free of the ignition while relaying her street address. If the car he was driving was any indication, he didn't really need hers. Or any of her other stuff, for that matter.

Alexis climbed out of her car and handed him the keys. She straightened out her shirt and sent a quick text to her mom's phone before asking, "So, then, where are we going?"

PM
^
Dagfinn Baugsson
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 06:09 PM

Age // 1,458

Posts // 72

Rank // Alpha of Alphas

Nicknames // Dag

Species // Werewolf

As soon as he got the ok, he was already messaging one of his pack to come pick her car up. Despite being neutral territory, all the packs had some kind of work inside the city. Vehicle collection was one such business and he knew that at this time of night, even though it was still busy, that a truck would be here in no time to pick it up. After all, it was Dag requesting a truck after all.

As she finished her text, a friendly toot came from down the street. A smile crossed his face. Something told them that they were already out on a job and ditched that job to come to him. Even his pack wasn’t normally this fast. Though he wasn’t about to play their speed down. ”Well would you look at that, I text and they answer, just like that. How’s that for service?”

Moving around to his passenger door, he opened the door for her and let her take a seat. ”We have a tower over in Manhattan. The view of the city from the top is quite the view. Every pack has a tower in the city. I always liked our view best.” Waiting long enough for the pack truck to pull up, he passed them the keys and gave them the address on where to go.

Climbing into the driver’s seat, he started the engine and gave her a wicked smile. Within seconds, they were driving down the street, rubber burning underneath. They were already in the right area so it wouldn’t be an awfully long driver. And the speed he was driving? Even shorter. As it happened, he knew the route rather well, as he often did his shopping whilst travelling in to the city.

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 05:37 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 49

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

The thing about being a good girl was that her parents trusted her. If she sent a text saying she met up with a friend and was staying with them, they believed her. If she said she was dropping off the car first so she could drink responsibly, they believed her.

They may have disapproved slightly, but they believed her. She was an adult who could legally consume alcohol.

So, live and let live. At least she was being responsible.

That was where Alexis got her own trusting nature. Now, when the men showed up to tow her car away in the blink of an eye, she was a little suspicious. Only for a few seconds, though. Long enough to think "Was this planned? Was this all some sort of clever ruse to befriend and kidnap some poor, unsuspecting victim?"

But that was ridiculous.

People didn't just do that sort of thing.

"Well that certainly is handy. They must have been waiting around the corner, expecting your beck and call," Alexis mused, giving the worker bees a friendly wave. Pleasantness went a long way when you were working. "There's candy in there, fellas. Help yourselves!"

She really didn't need to be eating that much candy all the time. Might as well share the wealth.

Dag opened the passenger-side door for her and she gave him a happy little grin. While she ducked inside, she said, "Why thank you, kind gentleman," then buckled up for the ride. She normally wore her seatbelt, but it seemed like it would be an especially prudent gesture in a minute.

Alexis said, "Haven't seen the city from up on high while human—I'm a raven in human's clothes, you see—or at night, so it sounds like I'm in for a treat!"

Once Dag was settled in and the 'Stang roared to life, they were off. Alexis grinned nervously and readjusted herself in her seat. Fast was nice, but this was New York. She knew intimately just how well people could really drive in the town.

"Woah there, cowboy. Might trust your driving but I don't trust the other yahoos on the road," she said. The gleeful glimmer in her eyes said she wasn't not enjoying herself, though. Her little car had barely any get up and go, so she was often stuck with tottering along instead of blazing around like a bat out of hell.

"It's a nice car, though. Well, at least I think. Not much of a car person, but I know what the expensive ones look like!"

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates