Welcome to Faces in TheNight

Welcome to New York, home of the city that never sleeps. That couldn’t be more true. Angels and Demons play tug-o-war with souls while Reapers look to claim them and take them to their rightful destination. Humans fight to be heard while Witches fear to be seen. Shape shifters are the outcasts of this world, but refuse to be put down. Werewolves claw to be at the top of the food chain, but Vampires are always plotting and scheming to be superior. Just like the land, the waters are also teeming with life as the Merpeople have their own network of life and enemies to defend against. Valyrian is a bustling realm of Elves and Dragons that fight their own war.

Welcome to a world where nightmares come to life. The day time isn't all that safe either. Who do you align with? Where do you stand in this crazy life? Or will you be just another face in the night?

Thread of the Month
Pair of the Month
Female of the Month
Male of the Month
Angels
00 M
00 F
Demons
01 M
02 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
04 F
Merpeople
00 M
01 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
02 M
04 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
03 M
03 F
Witches
04 M
04 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

The Shit Hit The Fan., Open
Tyler Dearden
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 10:19 AM

Age // 62

Posts // 17

Rank // *scoff*

Nicknames // Ty, Dillon

Species // Ocelot

Status // Suck my dick, bitch + Homosexual

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Merissa + CDT + She/Her

user posted image

I haven't really been hunting in years.
It is just a tradition I grew up with.

He'd been hunting around in the less tame parts of the park for the better part of the day. A lot of shit had gone down and he wanted nothing to do with it. So, he'd decided to spend the day in the underbrush of Central Park.

Now, heading to the park as an Ocelot had been a little tricky. His clothes were expensive, ok?! He wasn't just going to leave them laying around somewhere or tuck them into some rotting log to keep them safe. Gross!

His bus pass, on the other hand, could be tucked away in a hollow stump or whatever. Regardless, he came basically naked to the park. He just needed to get away for a while. All this shifter council crap was too much.

Ori had been cool about him skipping out tonight. The older Spaniard knew he hated Ladies night. Honestly, the asshole only put him on the schedule on Wednesdays to piss him off. They both knew it.

Crouching down, he snuck through the underbrush near the benches. The sight of a fat squirrel had caught his attention. If that fat bastard thinks climbing a tree will save him, he's got another thing coming! The squirrel had seen him, there was no doubt about it. He would get that little fucker, easy.
PM
^
Vadim Yakovich
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 12:53 PM

Age // 41

Posts // 20

Rank // Avtorityet

Nicknames // Skär

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Straight

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

There was a sense of danger to walking around this park all alone. Vadim felt like an invader in a foreign land and he was a prince without his army. Although, this was by choice today. Everyone could spot a gangster a mile off in this city. They always moved in groups, wore all the expensive clothes and cared little for who saw their weapons. Loud, brash and standing out like a sore thumb.

Not Vadim. Today he was in simple clothes, in a simple coat, looking around the central park for his drop off point. He had been in the city for just over a month now yet he had rarely explored it. Information was the most important part of any war and he liked to make sure his enemies didn’t know he was there. And if they did? Well then, just play the role of the immigrating civilian and they’ll drop their guard.

Vadim had a reputation in Russia, so it would have been unlikely that his arrival would have gone unnoticed. He had no idea who was his enemy here, so he had arranged for some gang documents from a local police precinct to be dropped off. He wanted to know who the big players in the city were. Perhaps one of them was responsible for the death of his brother. Perhaps they would try to kill him too.

Taking a seat on the selected bench, he looked around before picking up the bag left at the time of the bench. He had timed his collection window to be small. Not because of worry about someone stealing it, but because unattended bags tended to upset the modern American. Glancing inside, he saw the papers that he had been promised and he smiled to himself.

Placing the bag over his shoulder, he began to make his way out of the park, but something caused him to pause. Something about this moment didn’t feel… right. Looking around, he spotted an ocelot moving across the ground. Even a Russian knew that wasn’t native to New York City. A shifter most likely. Lost in the moment, he continued to watch as the little event unfolded.

Merissa
PM
^
Tyler Dearden
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 01:25 AM

Age // 62

Posts // 17

Rank // *scoff*

Nicknames // Ty, Dillon

Species // Ocelot

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Merissa + CDT + She/Her

user posted image

Crouching low, his butt wiggled a little as he readied himself. His ears snapped back and forth, listening for even the slightest changes around himself while the very tip of his tail flicked in excitement and anticipation.

After a moment of utter stillness, he burst forward. The bush he'd been hiding in rustled as he rocketed towards the squirrel. The little brown bastard made a break for the nearest tree, but Ty had already anticipated that.

He let the little fatty scramble up the tree. It would be more fun to chase him around up there than just running him down on flat land. He hurtled after the little brown streak of fur, nipping at its tail, pulling fur out.

He could have easily caught it on the ascent, but he wanted the chase. He needed to lose himself in it, to forget about all the bullshit going on. He didn't want to deal with the council fuckery, or think about the fact that he had nobody to go home to. Sure, he could pick someone up easy, but there wouldn't be that connection.

Pushing all that to the back of his mind, he focused on the chase. Jumping from branch to branch, he let himself truly feel his body. The way his muscles bunched, the rough bark of the branches on his pads, the way his heart beat in his chest as he pushed his body. All of it made him feel alive.

Once he'd started breathing heavily, he decided it was time to end it all. Pouncing, he grabbed the little fatty with his claws to hold him still before biting his little neck to snap his spine. He went lax instantly.

Taking his prize to a lower branch, he laid down to catch his breath. That's when he saw a dude watching him. Fuck He hated when people saw him letting his instincts run wild. "You didn't see anything, man."
PM
^
Vadim Yakovich
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 06:14 PM

Age // 41

Posts // 20

Rank // Avtorityet

Nicknames // Skär

Species // Witch

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

This was turning into quite the show and Vadim had no intention of leaving before the show’s finale. Glancing along the path, he guessed the path of the performance and took a seat on a bench that looked like a good vantage point. The bag remained over his shoulder but he could lean onto it, pressing it between the bench arm and himself before crossing his legs to get comfortable.

It was always interesting to see just how into the zone someone could get. This shifter had no idea he was being observed. None at all. To live such a carefree life and to believe you’re so safe to live like this. Was this what America was truly like? Or were they so ignorant to believe this when the reality is far more dangerous than you would be led to believe? Such a strange country.

Eventually, as they normally do, the ocelot finally noticed his audience and made his feelings on the matter known. ”Is there some kind of animal police that I should watch out for?” he asked, his Russian accent caking the words that came from his mouth. A small chuckle followed his question, and he checked that they were the only people around.

Tapping the space on the bench next to his seat, he continued ”Why don’t you bring your lunch down here and give me a few pointers on this city. Perhaps then I will choose to not see anything here.” People always expected Russians to speak poor English but the world mainly traded in English so he spoke it almost as well as his native language.

Merissa
PM
^
Tyler Dearden
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 03:01 AM

Age // 62

Posts // 17

Rank // *scoff*

Nicknames // Ty, Dillon

Species // Ocelot

Merissa + CDT + She/Her

user posted image

His ears swiveled, listening for any other humans. Satisfied that they were the only ones in the area, he laid down on his branch with his paws crossed over the dead squirrel. "I'm good here, but we can still have your chat or whatever."

Tyler didn't trust anyone. He'd been hurt too many times to just blindly walk up to someone. He wasn't stupid. Hyper? Sure. Loose morals? You bet! But stupid enough to sit next to some guy with a bag? Hell no! Fuck that!

His tail swished lazily as he listened to Strange Russian Dude. He kept one ear on a swivel and the other locked on the guy. He didn't like surprises and he wasn't completely sure about this guys intentions.

"Pointers on the city?" He scoffed. "Dude, I'm a stripper. I can tell you where the best gay bars or clubs are. I've been to them all." His tail flicked restlessly for a moment before returning to the lazy swish it has been in before. "I'm out here avoiding shit. That's why you saw fuck-all."

His lip curled for a brief second before he schooled his face. "This isn't lunch. Just some stress relief. At least I don't have to deal with Ladies Night." Fucking Ori. Sometimes he hated that old bastard. He couldn't complain much though. The dark-haired mountain of a man had been good to him. He'd put up with Ty's shit for far longer than anyone else. He didn't ask questions when Ty just didn't show up to work some days.

Ty sighed as he laid his head down on the squirrel like a pillow. He never took his eyes off of Strange Russian Dude. Though he looked relaxed, he was ready to run at any moment. He couldn't afford to fight this guy. He wasn't human, Ty was sure of that. He just wasn't 100% sure which branch of the family he came from, though SRD didn't smell like a shifter or a wolf, so that was good.

"Look, man. I'm just trying to get my anxious energy out. I cam here to relax, not sit and chat with some Strange Russian Dude." He sighed deeply before he continued. "I don't want to think about the fucking council or any of the bullshit that'll come from that. I don't want to go back to an empty apartment, and I'm totally not going to strip for a bunch of drunk chicks." He really hated Ladies Night.

He adjusted to get a little more comfortable on the branch. "I just want to be left alone to hunt where nobody can see that I let my baser instincts take over like some fucking animal." He really hated that he let it happen in the first place. He was human goddamnit! He wasn't some mindless house pet!

"Can you just, like, fuck off? That'd be great, seeing as the day is now completely ruined." He scoffed again before sighing. He hated today. "Thanks for that, bee-tee-dubs.: He knew he was being melodramatic, but he didn't give a fuck.

He'd been alive long enough to know that melodrama either drew people in or pushed them away. Usually, they went the fuck away and left him alone. That was always nice. He sighed again. "Unless you have something you want to know about gay bars, you're barking up the wrong tree." He chuckled at his little pun. At least there's that!

He was totally done with today. It could end at any point now. That'd be fucking amazing!

PM
^
Vadim Yakovich
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 05:47 PM

Age // 41

Posts // 20

Rank // Avtorityet

Nicknames // Skär

Species // Witch

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

For someone who didn’t want to talk, this cat sure seemed to talk an awful lot. Too much for his own good. Because every now and then, there would be a word dropped that Vadim noticed and wanted to know more about. Now Vadim knew he wasn’t fast enough to catch a cat so he had to play this both cool and smart. Something told him that this cat knew something useful.

”I can’t say that I want to know much about gay bars. I am sorry to hear you are having a bad day. I’m sorry that you couldn’t make this easier.” Rising to his feet, he turned and placed his hand on his bag. ”Sor Wiz Ka Da” rolled from his lips in an almost different voice. There was an echo to the words as he spoke and the bag disappeared within a wave of green.

Turning to face the cat, he let the magic speak for itself. He hadn’t figured out how to teleport himself without dying yet, but a bag back to his safe house? Easy peasy. Deciding that the cat needed a bit more of a direct approach, he spoke up. ”Perhaps we should have a more formal conversation then.” Raising his hand, a green fire engulfed it and he looked at the cat for a second.

”Sabete Latepo” and the squirrel flew into his hand. Lighting up his spare hand, he gestured with it and continued ”this one is for you if you decide to run away. I don’t care about gay bars but tell me more about this council. Tell me something useful and not only will I give you back the squirrel, but I might even pay you a nice amount for your time and trouble. Easier than stripping.”

Merissa
PM
^
Tyler Dearden
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 01:42 PM

Age // 62

Posts // 17

Rank // *scoff*

Nicknames // Ty, Dillon

Species // Ocelot

Merissa + CDT + She/Her

user posted image

His hackles raised the moment the bag vanished and he said those words. I couldn't make this easier? This dude was really getting on his nerves. Who does this fuck think he is?!

Readjusting, he tried to get a little more comfortable, but his prize was suddenly in Strange Dude's hand, making his head gently flop onto the branch. Fucker...! His claws dug into the bark beneath his paws as his ire rose.

"Look, all I know about the council is that Some Raven shifter chick is the new councilwoman, Alexi? Alexis? Ally?, and that it's about to fuck up my entire life somehow." He really didn't want to get blasted with pure light or whatever SD had in mind, but he wasn't about to make this easy on the fucker.

"As for the money, whatever. Stripping is fun." He approximated a shrug as best he could. It was a little awkward because he was a cat laying on a branch, but whatever. "Gets the blood pumping. Lets you know you're alive, ya know?"

He had no plans on dying, but he couldn't hold himself in check, not that he really thought he should. This guy had come and interrupted his peaceful hunt. He'd fucked with his day in more ways than just watching an ocelot chase a squirrel. "Keeps the body in shape too. Besides, all eyes are on me and I know they want what they can't have."

He shrugged again. "Well, maybe one lucky guy gets to come home with me." He wasn't going to mention the big brunette that was still resisting him. That was none of Strange Dude's business. "Are you satisfied, Merlin? Am I free to go now?" Sadly, he had a feeling he was not, in fact, free to go. Probably wouldn't be any time soon. He sighed and settled in for the long haul.

PM
^
Vadim Yakovich
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 04:37 PM

Age // 41

Posts // 20

Rank // Avtorityet

Nicknames // Skär

Species // Witch

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

Vadim was wondering if perhaps he had not been totally clear in his wording. Although he always knew it was never as simple as just asking. Maybe he should ask a more direct question. ”What council though? What do they do? Who do they rule? Where do they operate?” Or several. Several worked too. At least he knew one of the questions might stick.

This shifter was so strange. There was a defiance to him for sure and Vadim always liked a bit of rebellion in someone but this one felt defiant for the sake of being defiant. Had he known who Vadim was, this may have gone differently. Vadim wanted to show him. He really did. However, he was here to blend in for now. At least until he knew who he was hunting.

”Nemnogo tolchok” and suddenly the branch the shifter sat on shook violently. Not enough to knock him off, but to remind him just how little control he has at the moment. ”There are many ways to feel alive that don’t involve that line of work. You could always fuck someone before their other half gets back. Rob a bank. Pick a fight with someone you shouldn’t.”

Twisting the squirrel in the air, he made sure that the shifter got to hear the bones crunching. ”Oh you’re free to go whenever. I’m not sure how far you’ll get. I just need you to give me the lay of the land. Who runs things around here? Who is looking to move up in the world? It’s a big fucking city. I don’t believe that you don’t know anyone who falls into this… grouping? I think this is the word.”

Merissa
PM
^
Tyler Dearden
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 01:02 AM

Age // 62

Posts // 17

Rank // *scoff*

Nicknames // Ty, Dillon

Species // Ocelot

Merissa + CDT + She/Her

user posted image

Ty scoffed. This guy... "Were you not listening? Alex is a shifter, therefore, shifter council." Maybe this guy had problems paying attention or hearing. Tyler didn't know and didn't really care. Also, the 'duh' was implied, though he was sorely tempted to scoff that out too.

His claws dug into the branch as it shook. His ears flattened to his head as he hissed at the fucker. "Yeah, well, I like this way. I make money with the way I choose to feel alive." He gave a vague shrug as he settled back down, almost appearing lazy. "Nothing wrong with making money while getting to feel alive at the same time."

He wouldn't admit it, but it also helped a recluse like him get social interaction, which he sorely needed, and it got him a good friend in Jason. The words would never leave his mouth, but he was kind of grateful to be able to have somewhere to go where the loneliness would be abated. Even if it was only for a little while.

His face pinched at the crunching and cracking of his squirrel. "Come on man!" He liked crunching the bones in his prey. It satisfied something deep within him. Sighing, he just stared drolly at the Strange Dude. The bark of laughter left him before he could stop it.

"Who runs things?" He laughed again. Hard. "Which group are you talking about? The wolves? The shifter? The humans? Witches?" He couldn't believe this guy! What a fucking idiot. "Why do you think the shifter council literally just formed?!"

He was laughing so hard he almost fell off his branch. He could hardly talk as he cackled. "One ruler...I can't...so stupid!...They'd never..." After that it was nothing but clinging to the branch and laughing so hard he'd be crying if he were human.

PM
^
Vadim Yakovich
 Posted: May 14 2018, 06:24 PM

Age // 41

Posts // 20

Rank // Avtorityet

Nicknames // Skär

Species // Witch

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

Something told Vadim that this particular shifter had an attitude problem. Naturally, it annoyed Vadim however he was professional enough to look past it. In his line of work, he regularly ran into people with attitude problems. He suspected that was likely how they landed in his line of work. Vadim? He had done it because that’s all he had ever known. And his dad did it.

”Just because she is a shifter does not automatically mean it’s shifter related. I know of a great many multi-species collaborations. In fact, this is the first time I’ve heard of a shifter council at all. This is not as common as you would first believe” he retorted, verbally putting the shifter back in their place. This was exactly why he wanted to have the local knowledge.

That mocking tone was clear to Vadim, no matter the language being spoken. It could have been ancient Mayan and he would still have recognised that particular tone. It was almost smug and smug people set Vadim off. Within seconds, the squirrel was torn into a million pieces and disappeared in a green mist. Rising to his feet, Vadim raised his hands up and began to chant.

”Dayte vam vdokhnut' sukhoy vozdukh i navsegda zabud'te o svoyey zhazhde” and within seconds, his shifter companion should start to feel a dry thirst like he had never experienced before. ”In Moscow, there is only one ruler. Would you like to meet his son?”, to which he gave a low bow before moving closer yet again. Mocking time was over.

Merissa
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates