Welcome to Faces in TheNight

Welcome to New York, home of the city that never sleeps. That couldn’t be more true. Angels and Demons play tug-o-war with souls while Reapers look to claim them and take them to their rightful destination. Humans fight to be heard while Witches fear to be seen. Shape shifters are the outcasts of this world, but refuse to be put down. Werewolves claw to be at the top of the food chain, but Vampires are always plotting and scheming to be superior. Just like the land, the waters are also teeming with life as the Merpeople have their own network of life and enemies to defend against. Valyrian is a bustling realm of Elves and Dragons that fight their own war.

Welcome to a world where nightmares come to life. The day time isn't all that safe either. Who do you align with? Where do you stand in this crazy life? Or will you be just another face in the night?

Thread of the Month
Pair of the Month
Female of the Month
Male of the Month
Angels
00 M
00 F
Demons
01 M
02 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
02 F
Merpeople
00 M
00 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
04 M
03 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
03 M
02 F
Witches
04 M
04 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Of All Days, The Loeb Boathouse
Finnigan Walker
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 01:11 PM

Age // 36

Posts // 48

Rank // Expert

Nicknames // Finn

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Gay

New growth cannot exist without first the destruction of the old

Mason + Eastern Standard Time + He/Him

This was a mistake. A bad one. Finnigan shouldn't be here right now. He should be at home, containing himself, or outside the city, away from anyone. And yet here he was, sitting in the middle of a well-known place in the middle of Central Park. The Loeb Boathouse was still quite populated, despite it being mid-afternoon, which added to the constant sounding ambiance; people talking, cutlery clattering, birds chirping. It was too happy for him, and he felt sick to his stomach.

And yet a single text had led him here, beckoned like a dog. And he obeyed. Finnigan gritted his teeth, shooting the idea away. He was no dog. But this certainly wasn't Ben's fault. How could he possibly know how Finn was doing?
Finnigan liked Ben actually, quite a lot. It was perhaps the only reason he even bothered replying to a text. It was getting close to a full moon though, and Finn always got more... agitated, when that came round. Whether that was because of his anger towards the flea bags, or some remnant effect of his scars, or both, he knew not. He did know that he needed to calm down though. Perhaps Ben could help with that.

Taking a deep breath, the witch ran a hand through his messy hair, before rubbing the back of his neck, looking out into the park as he sat on the outside patio. His right leg bounced as he waited, his eyes looking at nothing in particular as faded back into his head. Maybe this wasn't a terrible mistake. Maybe this could help get his mind off of things.

Calix

--------------------
pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source

PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 04:58 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Status // In a "Relationship" with Avery Bogard + Homoflexible

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

Today, was making out for a pretty good day. He hadn’t gotten any calls or scheduling made for the Hotel that day and he’d gotten to spend the night at a new friends house. Gale worked at the bakery just a few blocks from the Burgundy Suites and had made it her job to become friends with the sleepy-eyed man that frequented the establishment at 6am, when they opened. She was funny and sweet and just the sort of relaxing friend that he needed feel even a little normal. She was chatty and full of gossip and after a cup of joe, even Ben couldn’t fight the urge to be just as chirpy. Few people could cheer him up quite like Gale.

Though now he was on his way to meet another new friend. For a magic user, he didn’t know many other witches. The majority of his friends worked at the hotel. Outside of them, he knew of the delightful woman who owned the flower shop the next street over and he was a….colleague of a stellar witch who sold him ingredients for some of his not so righteous spells. He also knew a witch that was schooling him on poisons…so maybe he needed more wholesome witchy friends? It probably didn’t help Ben was being romanced by a demon. Someone told him once that that could attract the wrong crowd…but Ben didn’t care. He’d go visit hell if he could find Sebastian there...

Finnigan was a bit of an oddball though. They’d met a few times to shoot the wind and it was obvious the guy had been thru a few things. By chance, they’d met at a bar and found solace in their inability to sleep. Finn seemed nice enough and so Ben shot him a text to grab a bite. It felt odd to eat with some. Hell, it was odd for Ben to actually reach out to ask people to share a few hours with him. Gale invited him all number of places all the time and the equal chatty Sebastian made him feel like he had something fun to look forward to with every text…So maybe they were why he was feeling brave enough to ask someone to hang out with him? It made him smile a little more, realizing he wasn’t spending all of his free time seeking revenge and meddling in the affairs of the hotel.

Strolling up in a pair of joggers and a wispy shirt, this was the most casual and clothed Ben had been in weeks. Reuben noticed the anxious-looking Finnigan once he got up to the place. He’d walked by it a few times in the past, but never dropped in to see what was on the menu. Nodding to the host that he was meeting someone, Ben went to take his seat, patting Finn on the shoulder as he passed and taking a seat.

“Should I be worried that you’re spacey every I see you? You really need to get some sleep, Finn!” The curly hair man said, shaking his head. A smile still plastered to his face, grabbing a menu and pouring over the options.

Mason
PM
^
Finnigan Walker
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 11:52 PM

Age // 36

Posts // 48

Rank // Expert

Nicknames // Finn

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Gay

The witch watched as a couple walked past the place, laughing and giggling with each other as they walked their dog. They seemed so peaceful; ignorance really was bliss. And yet, what was stopping Finn from doing the same? Deep down he knew that the only answer was himself; he was, in fact, his own worst enemy. But he couldn't help it, couldn't stop himself from clinging to the past, as if it held all of himself. He could be so much more if he could look forward, and yet...

Finnigan jumped slightly at the touch on his shoulder. He blinked to bring himself back to reality but chuckled, mostly in embarrassment, as he realized it was only Ben. With a small sign, Finn relaxed, letting his shoulders drop and his tension sink from his body, mostly. "You always seem to catch me on bad days, mate," he teased back settling into his seat more properly now. Finn was a good actor, not great, but good. He knew how to mask well his trepidations. But he also knew how to handle himself, or at the very least, not take out his problems on those around him.

Besides, it was hard to stay mad when the comforting, curious, and somewhat messy, or, perhaps comfy, witch sat across from him. Finn had met some different Healers in his travels, and Rueben was definitely a Healer. If nothing else, it was his aura; so warm and welcoming. Now sitting here, it felt like less of a mistake. Already he was calming down and forgetting his thoughts. Mostly.

"I can be quite the heavy sleeper actually," he added with a playfully pride smile. A warm spring breeze swept through the park, causing Finn's hair to rustle slightly. "Have you been here before? Have any favourites?" He asked as he picked up his own menu to peruse through.

Calix

--------------------

PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: May 1 2018, 12:59 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

The guy was jumpier than the last time he’d seen him. Then again, last time he was dealing with serious lack of sleep. Just a glance up reassured him that Finn had probably gotten a few winks. “Every dog has his day, just looks like yours hasn’t come yet. Try to keep up?” Ben prodded with a grin, nodding as the waitress brought over an additional water before disappearing again. Ben couldn’t say that he knew what Finn’s normal was, but he could say the spacey behavior was always a little odd for most people. Whatever was on his mind was drawing his attention so much he wasn’t noticing much before Ben got here. The witch wondered if the waitress had noticed…

Hardly ever aware of the energy he was often putting off, Ben only knew that he was in an amazing mood that day. It was funny…how what used to be a once in a while thing was suddenly more regular for him. More smiles and laughter…at least till he got home. Then it was a few sighs before ignoring whatever mess things were in or however Avery was feeling at the moment. Was it…because he felt like he had more autonomy? That he had a bit more control of things? Maybe, but for one thing he was certain, the guy across from him needed more coercing on how good a day it was. Maybe he could help just a bit?

“Well you have to be given how long it probably takes you to conk out. I only wish I had the same deal…the air shifts and I’m awake again,” he muttered. In the last week, he’d fought to get to sleep either before Avery or after he left for work just to get a few hours rest. Guy was a woodcutter in his sleep. It briefly made him long for someone he knew could get him rightly tuckered out for a dreamless sleep.

Still breezing through the menu, he glanced up at Finn. “Actually, never stopped by the place. My schedule is usually too packed to sit and enjoy the roses like this…that french dip is sounding pretty good though,” he started back into the menu but then looked up at the other witch again. “Hey, don’t change the subject on me. Seriously man…are you actually doing anything for your sleep? I know It’s like the pot calling the kettle black but…There’s this witch that owns a flower shop downtown…She might have something you can—“

“Hi fellas! You about ready to order or have some drinks in mind?” the bubbly waitress cut him short, preventing Ben’s dig into Finn about sleep and that scar they talked about.

Mason
PM
^
Finnigan Walker
 Posted: May 1 2018, 03:46 PM

Age // 36

Posts // 48

Rank // Expert

Nicknames // Finn

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Gay

If there was anything comforting to Finn, besides a good companion or a great cup of tea, was the wind on his skin and through his hair. It was a constant sensation; comforting. It was the one constant he knew extremely well, which was sort of ironic. Of all things to be sedimentary, it certainly wasn't air. It was constantly flowing, shifting, adapting. For a skill he was so adept at, why could he not do the same? He supposed it was stuck in some internal cyclone, unable to escape the shifting vortex of whatever guilt he found necessary to cling onto.

Sitting with Ben, however, was a breath of fresh air. At least for a bit, he could try to flow. "If it's a problem with the air you're having, then I sure I could help," he teased, giving his hand a casual flick sending a concentrated flow of hair towards Ben's face. It caused his hair to rustle, but it was not strong enough to do anything more than that. He would have liked to continue to shift the subject to something a bit more enjoyable to talk about, but it seemed Reuben was stubborn.

It came from a good place, he knew that. But it still wasn't something he wanted to talk about, and certainly wasn't something he wanted Ben to get involved with. He's too nice a guy to deal with his wolf-pobia. He shifted in his seat, glancing away, to avoid answering the question. Fortunately, the waiter came in right on cue. Saved by the bell.

"Ah, yes. I think I'll have a green tea," he replied quickly, jumping at the chance to ignore Ben's prodding. "With lemon, if you have. And I think we'll get the French dip to start," he added, glancing towards Ben with a smile. "That's all for me, now at least." He smiled at her, tucking his menu to the side in case they wanted more substantial food later on, before turning to Ben to let him order.

Calix

--------------------

PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: May 3 2018, 09:55 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

Given that Finn didn’t often talk about his magic, Ben had to remember that he was a different witch than what he had become used to. The sudden puff in his face made him blink a bit before he realized that had in fact been Finn, playing around. His hair fell back in his face as it usually sat and he shook his head with a smirk. “Ha. Ha. If only it were that easy,” Ben said. His own magic wasn’t as easily tapped. His focus on physical contact and charms. In a way, he kind of envied his ability.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out that Finn was going to avoid every bit of this looming topic if he could help it. The waitress was but a means to an end to interrupt the conversation, but it wasn’t going to stop Ben from pressing the issue. “Oh, yea…can I…get a coke, no ice?” Ben said, knowing he’d be hyped up on sugar, given how often he had a pop. Today he was feeling like he could take a lot on, just do what he wanted. Figure out the rest later.

“How are you gonna take what I was gonna get? Lame.” the younger witch groaned, now feeling like he had to find something else on the fly. “Just um…hmmm...let's try the artichoke dip (it looked tiny)?—actually…” He paused, looking the menu over again, he promised Gale he’d eat something substantial. He’d been peckish at best that morning and given how stressed he normally was, It wasn’t any surprise that the guy wasn’t blown away by the breeze, regardless if he worked out. “Could you also get me a philly cheesesteak with steak fries? Thanks.”

The waiter seemed a little surprised but still wrote down their order before disappearing to get their drinks. Ben slipped his own menu to the side, content that he could say, although he wasn’t eating better per say, he was actually eating something substantial. Same probably wouldn’t be said for the next few days. “Look…Finn…You know I could take a look at it…” Healing was his thing, the one true virtue he was good at and inherited straight from his mother. “I know you didn’t think I was gonna just come and eat in silence with you.”

Mason
PM
^
Finnigan Walker
 Posted: May 4 2018, 11:35 AM

Age // 36

Posts // 48

Rank // Expert

Nicknames // Finn

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Gay

Finnigan sat there politely as Ben talked with the waiter, his left arm propped on the table as his head sat comfortably in his hand. He watched as they two conversed, but chuckled, shaking his head as Ben ordered something else. "I got the dip to share, you loon," he teased the witch, watching as the waiter left the two magic users at the table. He turned back, sipping on his water, but the smile quickly faded at Ben pressed the issue. He sat back in his seat, glancing away and back out at the park, avoiding the conversation.

But he snapped quickly in defence, turning back to stare at Ben. "It's fine!" Finn caught himself quickly though, sighing as he shook his head, collecting himself. "I'm sorry, it's just...." He looked uncomfortable, tapping on the table. "It's a scar Ben. It can't be healed. It's not how it works."
He glanced back away. Ben wasn't the first Healer to offer to fix his scar; every single one of them had failed and most didn't even try when a younger Finn had begged. He used to wear it as a symbol for a long time; for strength and endurance. But he's since grown out of that. Now he would like nothing more than to get ride of the physical reminder of his loss.

"I know you're trying to help, Ben," he continued, trying to sound empathetic and grateful. He ran another hand through his hair. "I just can't be disappointed anymore." He chuckled softly at himself. It sounded so pathetic, saying it out loud.

Calix

--------------------

PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: May 4 2018, 05:53 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

“Well, more to share then?” *Ben shrugged, long after the fact. Knowing that food was on the way had him bouncing in his seat a little. It was always interesting to try food at a new place, but what he hadn]t expected was the outburst that came after his words. Ben actually flinched, but not out of fear. It wasn’t often that he got yelled at. He was soft spoken and kept to himself so Finn’s immediate annoyance made him lean back in his chair.

Playing with the paper napkin ring, he didn’t look up, simply nodded along as he spoke. He carefully unwrapped the little tape, folding it over and over till he had made a little flower. He fully understood the man’s anger but didn’t know how to help. Not liking to see a friend down like this seemed a natural response. It wasn’t like he was gonna cry or anything, but he wasn’t into the yelling and just let the guy get out his words. It was just a suggestion. No harm there…right? Maybe not.

Ben knew about scars. He had his own that still haunted him at times. He often glamoured himself up because he didn’t want his clients to touch it. He didn’t want anyone to see it and he didn’t like talking about it. It made him anxious, like talking about that event would bring back the person who caused it. So it stung a little her hear it thrown in his face. He wanted to look at it to make sure it didn’t have any magical properties to it, but he supposed that it’d been looked at hundreds of times before.

Eyes still enchanted by the wrapped cutlery, he immediately looked over as he heard the clink of glasses. A bright smile was on his face as the waitress brought their drinks and announced their appetizers would be out in a minute. Ben mildly wondered if he should get his sandwich to go as he sipped his pop, but kept that to himself. Instead, he did the only thing he could think to do: change the subject.

“Have you ever been apart of a coven?” He asked, trying to get things back to pleasant. It was his job to keep a certain mood going. That he was amazing at, usually. Stirring his straw in his drink he finally looked up at the other man again. “My mom and I used to do a lot of…I guess…toiling together and since she’s passed, I dunno, feels kind weird to be so distant. I know a couple of people but everyone seems a little closed off?”

This had actually been something he’d been considering, but also didn’t really have it in him to join something like that alone. He almost wanted to add that Ben felt like he didn’t even do anything anymore, leaning on others a lot for the few magical things he did do that he couldn’t even talk about because of their negative nature in general. Finn didn’t need to know that.

Mason
PM
^
Finnigan Walker
 Posted: May 4 2018, 11:04 PM

Age // 36

Posts // 48

Rank // Expert

Nicknames // Finn

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Gay

Lifting his head back up to see his friend across the table, Finn shrunk when he'd see what he did. He opened his mouth to talk, but stopped himself, afraid of what he might say to hurt Ben. Already he'd done more to bother Ben that he wanted to, so he closed his mouth, sitting back into his chair, ashamed of his actions. He sighed softly to himself, not glancing up as the waiter returned. Ben was so easily able to smile brightly at her, but Finn knew that it was only covering up the uncomfortable tension at the table. It had been all of five minutes. Good job Finn.

To say that Finn had commitment issues was an understatement. Even as he travelled, his friendships had stayed fairly superficial. He made a great deal of them during his globetrotting, but anything that delved into his past caused him to shut himself off from the world. Truly, this fear came from this mother leaving him as a child. He was scared that people would flee if they knew him, so he kept most parts to himself. Ben was only trying to help. His behaviour was not how a grown man should be acting.

Rueben's response cause Finn's brow to rise. He watched for a moment, somewhat surprised by the change of subject. But it left a bad taste in his mouth. "I'm part of the New York coven actually, though I haven't been in quite some time. You'd be more than welcome to come with me at some time," he finished, smiling half-heartedly as he glances over Ben's face.

Finnigan adjusted in his seat. He wanted to make right his error before continuing on. "Ben. I am sorry about my... out lash," his tone earnest. "It's not something I should have taken out on you. You're a Healer, I'm sure it's in your nature to nurture those around you." A small pause. "It was a gut reaction, mate. But it was also the wrong one. I'm sorry." Another pause, this one a tad longer. "I'm still trying to fix it."

Calix

--------------------

PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: May 7 2018, 12:11 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

Working with people, Ben had learned quickly to move on from incidents. Sometimes trying to fix things would backfire worse than ignoring them. A client appreciated his ability to ignore hiccups and move on to the next thing just as much as his feigned interest in them. And it poured into his real life, non-imaginary relationships. Like now, where he felt small and his flamboyantly good mood was nearly blown out in one go like a kid with a birthday wish. But it was fine….everything was ok. They could just have a normal lunch…right?

Ben had forced the topic of covens to cover up his discomfort with Finns tone and it seemed to work for the time being. Apparently, Finn was even in a coven, which was more than he’d actually expected from the topic. He had so many more questions, his face lighting up a little. What were they like? How many people were in it? Like, did they do any interesting rituals? Ohhh…maybe Finn couldn’t even tell him about some of the things? Ok, so maybe he was getting too excited there, but as he opened his mouth to ask one of these many questions, Finn had more to say.

His fingers still had ahold of the little flower he’d made, Ben’s increased silence probably apparent. Smile fading a bit, he just nodded along to Finn’s apology, working on the little piece of paper. He made a little spindle at the end, to make it look like a flower in bloom. “It’s ok…” Ben finally said, the forced smile still on his face. “I shouldn’t have pushed it…It’s really none of my business anyway…You uh...know what’s best for you.” The little flower awkwardly turned in his fingers before he stuck it gently it neatly over his ear. Reuben had been trying to get to know this guy for a while, but he couldn’t place him very far. At most he knew he liked to drink and knew some cool martial arts moves. Oh and that he was British, but he knew that before he was told, for obvious reasons. It would seem he’d have to wait a while longer to really call him more than an acquaintance.

“S-so…what made you want…” Be tried to shift gears again, carefully choosing his words. “Uh..I mean…w-what’s it like being in a coven? I’m sure it was a big deal to get in?" He steered away from getting personal again. Ben was sure the guy had reasons for joining. He’d tell Ben if he wanted to…

Mason
PM
^
Finnigan Walker
 Posted: May 7 2018, 03:10 PM

Age // 36

Posts // 48

Rank // Expert

Nicknames // Finn

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Gay

The Englishman watched Ben, smiling lightly as his face lit up. Perhaps there was still hope for this lunch yet. If Finn could just get over himself that is. He sunk back in his chair during Reuben's response.
It wasn't okay, and in truth, perhaps Finn didn't know what was best for him. But he didn't want to press the subject further. He'd already made the mistake of snapping at a man just trying to help. He didn't want Ben to feel like he had to tip-toe around conversations. That's not how friendships work. So instead, he let that pass, focusing on the topic of covens, trying to clear the air.
Finn wasn't a bad guy. Just mixed up mostly.

He chuckled lightly as Rueben backtracked his original question, smiling charmingly at the Healer as he tried to speak. "It's okay, mate. Ask away. I've learned my lesson. I can't be reprimanding you for trying to get to know me. What sort of person would that make me?" Finn poked fun at himself, hoping to lighten up the mood and assure Ben that, despite his sudden tempter, he wouldn't see it again. Maybe this was what was best for him.

"I joined the coven," he began with a gentle smile, answer Ben's original question. "Because I thought it'd help me feel apart of something." A small pause to take a sip of water. "I spent a good amount of years travelling, moving from one place to the next, country to country. When I finally found myself in New York, I... sort of got tired of running," he spoke, partially to himself as if he was putting words to his past for the first time. His gaze drifted back out as he recalled, but not to avoid the topic, but rather to think of the memory more so.
"This was before I got myself a job, mind you. But the New York coven is very large. People come and go all the time. Nowadays I mostly go in to teach some defence classes to other witches. It's a big finance coven; a lot of them get worried that they don't actually know how to protect themselves. Perhaps a bit irrational, but I suppose money could do that to some."

He looked back at Ben with a sly smile. "If you ever want a lesson, let me know mate." A quick chuckle before he sipped his water.

Calix

--------------------

PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: May 8 2018, 09:26 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

Sipping his drink slowly, Ben was taking this new more pleasant attitude of Finn’s with a grain of salt. He was actively trying to undo the past 10 minutes. He still felt a little put-off, but something Ben always gave in spades was second chances. His boyfriend was on his 50 millionth chance right? He did…a little better the next time. People are people, they change and sometimes learn from their mistakes. This was fine.

The words ‘What sort of person would that make me?’ rolled around between his ears for a moment. Everyone had that thing that set them off. That they just didn’t need to hear one more time. It made them come off as defensive though. An impenetrable fortress of emotions and mystery. Ben was curious, yes, but his fingers were scorched still from meddling. And even though Finn smiled, one couldn’t tell if a snake was smiling at you before it bites you. He’d had things backfire just that quickening, but maybe this was different. Ben mentally sighed as he realized how generally hopeful he often was. Well, they’d try one question at a time. Hence why he was surprised that Finn actually stepped back and answered his first, far more private, question.

The other witches reasoning sounded a little like his own. A feeling of belonging, which always felt good to know you weren’t the only one in such a situation. But like every part of life, when one question is answered, more often sprout up. And well, Ben wanted to ask what he’d been running from, but let it sink to the bottom of his glass as he slurped the remnants of his Coke through his straw. Finn was running from his past, however colorful it may have sounded.

“I suppose they are really good for that? Helping you feel welcome. A home away from home? It sounds like they welcome witches with open arms so that’s kind of nice?” he finally spoke up, that chipperness back in his voice.

“Well not every witch is meant for fighting I guess, it’s nice you offer a service there. Sounds like a lot of people could use it. However outlandish it might be to ACTUALLY get robbed where some of the businesses are…” There was a bit of shade thrown in his commentary, but he was still interested in what they offered. It seemed like a somewhat community driven coven. Although he hadn’t done any deep research, they had a public face and were allegedly well known to some of the witches he talked to—even though they weren’t in it themselves.

“I might take you up on that, but I’ve never really felt unsafe? At most I came across a massive dragon dude once at some club, but I was more worried about nothing, to be fair. Plus, healing magic isn’t the only thing I know…heh.” Ben said, rather proud of his abilities. Knowing a quick binding spell always saved him some trouble with rude people.

Mason
PM
^
Finnigan Walker
 Posted: May 9 2018, 04:04 PM

Age // 36

Posts // 48

Rank // Expert

Nicknames // Finn

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Gay

Things weren't going to change immediately, that much was clear. Finn was just happy that Ben didn't get up to leave. He wouldn't have blamed him if he did. He came for lunch and to get to know Finn, not to be snapped at and persecuted. They were both still here, so that was good.
Instinct had caused Finn to lash out aggressively and defencively, but sitting here in this moment, his reason had realized that this was actually nice; sharing himself with another. That had never happened willingly. Not about anything of substance anyway. And certainly not sober.

Finn nodded, smiling gratefully that the pep was back in Reuben's step. "It was nice," he affirmed. "Although for a while, it wasn't a 'home away from home'. It was my home." His smile wavering for a second as he rubbed that back of his neck. It almost made him look like a child.
But Rueben wasn't wrong. The coven was very welcoming. And they were one of the reasons he even stayed in New York. His roots had started to take place in this city.

Finnigan finished the rest of his water before returning Ben's gaze to continue the conversation. "It might be, but I think it's really peace of mind that they come to the classes for. It's not just the magic I teach them either. I often throw in some basic stances as well. Again, mostly for peace of mind, I think."

Finn chuckled, raising his brow with a lewd but playful smirk. "Is it not?"He teased. "Well, I'd love to see what else you can do."

Calix

--------------------

PM
^
Reuben Pierce
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 11:11 PM

Age // 31

Posts // 44

Rank // Expert Healer

Nicknames // Ben

Species // Witch

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

There were few if any places that he could call his home. Even his current home didn’t quite feel whole. Just somewhere he spent a small bit of time in and shared uncomfortable space and relations with someone. He couldn’t really say he knew what a home was these days, given his current definition didn’t make him happy or always feel welcome. Hearing that Finn had found a home with these people gave him hope at least that he might find a definition of home somewhere. Home seemed to be the people that Finn surrounded himself with there.

Ben wished there was anywhere that he could even partially say that about. It made him sigh.

Ben started to interrupt him about how giving peace of mind to the ‘privileged’ was kind of counter productive, given those that they ‘perceived’ as potential criminals, but that wasn’t really his place to say. He didn’t really know the shopkeepers or business owners. Perhaps they did have an honest to god fear? That they honestly wanted to be more secure in themselves. When Finn pushed about his other abilities, Ben shifted in his seat.

Looking around the small table, his eyes fell on his utensils. Picking them up, he showed Finn that it was indeed a knife, a fork, and a spoon. Then he covered them with the cloth napkin and, careful to wrap them tightly at the handles. Whispering something under his breath, he uncovered them again and he had three knives. He offered them to Finn. “I can do illusions…This one is pretty simple. Only one of them actually will cut anything.”

“Your appetizers gentlemen! Sorry for the wait!” said the sweet waitress, glad to see the mood had changed. She gazed down at the excessive knives. “Oh! Someone mustn’t have been paying attention. Let me get you a proper set…” Ben shrugged with a small smile.

“A good enough visual fools most people trying to pull something on a street.”

Mason
PM
^
Finnigan Walker
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 09:42 AM

Age // 36

Posts // 48

Rank // Expert

Nicknames // Finn

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Gay

Finnigan was an active guy, and could eat more than most people usually expected at any meal. A couple of friends he made in Brazil used to call him the "garbage disposal" because the witch would eat everything; no food gone to waste! So normally he'd get pretty excited when any waiter brought their food. This time, however, Finn was too distracted by the illusions to be focused on the appetizers that came their way.

"That's amazing!" Finnigan said aloud, partially directed to Ben, partially towards the collection of knives as he looked them over before giving them to the server. Finn had only ever met one illusionist, or rather, only knew he met them before. The one he did know was only just starting out, and her illusions had a sort of glimmer to them, a shine or flicker to indicate that what they were looking at wasn't exactly true.
And yet, the knives that Ben created, were immaculate. No glimmer. No shine. Nothing that Finn could tell that would prove these to be anything else but knives. Not from sight away. His eyes followed the waiter out as she returned the 'knives' back to the kitchen. The witch wondered how long the illusion would last.

Returning his gaze back to his lunchmate, Finn had a large grin on his face. "How intricate can your illusions go?" he asked curiously, grabbing his napkin and unrolling it to spread it across his lap. "Have you been studying it long?" He laid his cutlery to the side of his plate. He could keep asking Ben questions about his abilities but didn't want to barrage the poor bloke with his childlike curiosity, so he stifled himself from asking too much at once.

"Anyway, enjoy," he added with a small smile, referring to the food between them before he put some of the dip on his plate.

Calix

--------------------

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates