Welcome to Faces in TheNight

We are a supernatural RP set in the entire state of New York and other worldly realms. This is an adult site which explores adult topics and themes. This site is intended for mature audiences aged 18 and over.

Angels
00 M
00 F
Demons
01 M
01 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
04 F
Merpeople
00 M
01 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
02 M
03 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
03 M
04 F
Witches
04 M
04 F

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Help a demon in need?, Barclay/ Phoenix
Sebastian Burnett
 Posted: Nov 15 2017, 10:50 PM

Age // 694

Posts // 92

Rank // Lord

Nicknames // Seb

Species // Demon

Status // Yeah, right then + Pansexual

"Spit on it before you sit on it."

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

It had been days after that Halloween event had ended and ever since, Sebastian felt like he was being eaten alive from the inside out. The demon had the hot shakes and the cold sweats all at once. This was probably like a mixture of stomach poisoning (Seb couldn’t keep a damn thing down and it was starting to irk him. He just wanted some hot tea) the flu and pneumonia felt like. The demon’s bones even hurt.

The first day, he’d entirely spent in bed. The second day he tried to pretend nothing was still the matter. It had been three more and this disease wasn’t letting up. The witch had poisoned him for picking a bloody cup. If he survived this, he was going to look for this witch and they were a dead man walking. It wouldn’t be much to have another witch on his roster of souls but that dude’s ass was grass. Sebastian didn’t even know he could even be poisoned. His blood was poisonous! It didn’t make a lick of sense.

So he’d finally gotten himself dressed, unsure if he should even go into the outside world. Loki had called off work to make sure Seb didn’t have any wild hallucinations while on the streets of New York City. His closest friend was also concerned. Rowena couldn’t find anything in her books about witch’s being able to poison a demon. She’d made him some lovely chicken noodle soup in hopes that it would help him to a cure. It was always silly things that could cure a witch’s hexes weather they liked to admit it or not. Again, he hadn’t been able to keep it down for more than thirty minutes. After bungling himself up and dry heaving for a solid ten minutes getting into his Jeep Wrangler, Loki drove them both to a little flower shop that Sebastian frequented often.

The demon had a lot of house plants. He had to have gotten them from someone, right? Miss Bishop was famous around the city for her flowers, but she also sold various plants in her establishment. This is where Sebastian had gotten every one of them since she had opened. The plant witch could even tell him what was wrong with a plant just by looking at it (and frankly he swore she talked to them and tasted the soil once too. Hey whatever worked, right?) He was also aware that Barclay was a witch and she knew a plethora of different herbal remedies and potions. At this point, Sebastian was desperate. If a witch had done this, then a witch could undo it. It only made sense.

Although frankly, Seb blamed that damn werewolf for his poisoning. He’d eaten that bloody strawberry ice cream like a tit wank and it had probably been laced with all sorts of deadly things. If Sebastian had been mortal, he was sure he would be dead by now. Now that the filthy mutt was back with his pack, the demon didn’t stand a chance. If he ever saw the fella again, it likely wouldn’t be on good terms at all. He would pay for this. So would the witch. Everyone was in for fire up their asses when he was feeling himself again. He had to put his whole life on pause. This isn’t what he’d wanted! He had a reputation to uphold!! Not to mention a contract coming up quickly.

Once Loki had parked, Sebastian took some time to prepare himself for the outside world. He couldn’t remember a time where the air outside hurt him. Then again, when your lungs constantly felt like they were burnt up and you were still breathing in fire nothing really felt too great. He stumbled out of the vehicle and wobbled up to the front door. Thankfully Loki had held it open for him to walk inside. The demon wasn’t sure what he tripped over, maybe nothing at all but right before he’d gotten to the counter in the back he found himself sprawled out on the tile floor and groaning away. It looked like it was up to Loki to save the day.

Looking down at Sebastian, whom was actually starting to foam at the mouth and curling up in a fetal position, Loki rang the bell on the counter since he was unsure where Miss Bishop was. Even with his sensitive nose, all he could really smell were plants…. The old vampire could certainly hear a heartbeat and a pulse however.

“Miss Bishop? Barclay? I’ve got a very sick customer of yours hoping you can help him out.”

Sebastian groaned loudly from the floor again, it taking on a gurgling sound.

“He’s not very good with coping with pain.” He looked down at him and shook his head, saying that more to himself than to the plant witch who may or may not have been within earshot.

Barclay Bishop
PM EMAIL
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Nov 20 2017, 01:58 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 47

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Status // Single + Straight

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

The day had been quiet when it came to customers, but it busy when it came to prepared orders. She had several big orders she needed to get ready for tomorrow. The flowers needed to be as fresh as possible. One order was for a small wedding, however they needed several center pieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, and a few other decorations. She had forgotten how much work preparing for a wedding was. Not only did she need to finish these, but she needed to bring them over to the venue herself. Good news was that Trent had brought her one of the vans from the pack to make the large deliver with. Her car was quite tiny so it wouldn’t have been realistic for her to deliver them all on her own.

Her gaze flickered to the front of her store when she heard the chime of the little bell that rang when someone walked in. She was about to call that she was coming when she heard a loud thump. Her eyes widened. She heard a familiar sound call her to the front. She had only met the man a couple of times, she recognized the voice. She hurried from the back of the store and run around the counter. Curled up in the fetal position was the demon she knew quite well. He was a frequent customer and her friendliest. She quickly got on the floor with him and felt his forehead. He was much hotter than usual. She knew a demon’s core temperature was hotter than a human’s, but he was almost too hot to touch. “Oh man Sebastian… What did you get yourself into…” She said and watched as he foamed at the mouth. Demon didn’t just get sick and they certainly didn’t just die like a human would. Loki brought him here because magic was the number one suspect.

She peered up at the vampire. “Quick. What have you tried for him? I need to know so I don’t waste my time. Did you try your blood?” She rapidly shot questions at the vampire. Vampire blood was one of the number one things to cure most. It’s healing properties were impressive. Barclay was far from a doctor, but her vast knowledge of plants and their medicinal uses made her an asset. Along with their medicinal uses came the poisons and ill effects. “I need you to stay with me Seb.” She said, gently stroking his head then cheek. She looked back to Loki. “What else has he been doing? Throwing up? Was there blood or food or just stomach acid? Any seizures? If so, for how long?” She asked, forcing one of the demon’s eyes open. Bloodshot. Great. “Anything Loki. I need to know. Follow me.” She said, jumping up and hurrying behind the counter. “Walk and talk.” She said and opened up her potions cabinet to see if there would be anything in there to help. She felt like she would need to make something from scratch. Good news was that she had basically every plant in the shop so making an antidote wouldn’t be that difficult.

If she couldn’t identify the poison… For a lack of a better word, Sebastian was fucked.

Sara
PM
^
Sebastian Burnett
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 11:03 PM

Age // 694

Posts // 92

Rank // Lord

Nicknames // Seb

Species // Demon

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

Don’t want to take it slow
I wanna take you home

Upon seeing the red head rush out from behind the doorway to the back, Loki jumped a little because he’d been so surprised to see her so quickly. He hadn’t really been expecting that.

Sebastian had actually flinched a little at her touch, though he couldn’t place why. He knew she would just want to help but the fever was making him a little irrational. There was no denying that the demon curled up on the cool tile floors was quite disheveled looking than how he’d normally would. Not only was he pale and sweaty, he hadn’t felt good enough to properly groom himself either. His poor best friend had been the open to help him bathe (though this wasn’t much different than when Loki had a bit of the blood madness, only a lot less murdery and bargaining to be set free.) His usually shaved face had grown some facial hair and the hair on his head had grown out a little more than it was usually. After a moment though, Seb curled into her touch. He knew he was safe now. At least he felt like it.

The demon had a bit of a coughing fit that turned into a gag by the end, going limp on the floor once again to catch his breath that sounded labored and maybe a hint wet. “Wank….. stain…. witch….” Was what he managed to rasp out, his lips looking rather dry.

Loki then jumped again as Barclay turned on him and started shooting several questions at him with lightning speed. He wasn’t even this quick in the courtroom, however the vampire did smack himself in the forehead at what she’d said. “No. I hadn’t even thought to try my own blood on him. It’s hard for the fella to even keep water down, I’m not sure if it would have time to absorb into his system. Maybe injected it would…” He trailed off, feeling like it had been a good idea on Sebastian’s part to come to her. She was being very gentle with him.

Hearing his name, Sebastian looked up at Barclay. He reached up a shaky hand to pat her head. “I’m with you, sweets. At least for now.” He felt himself getting tired and that was obvious by the way his blinking took a little longer than it should have.

The vampire shook his head at her next question to him, “If he does eat, it comes back up. I’ve tried giving him ice lollies but he’s too damn hot. They melt straight away. It’s mostly just bile and stomach acid.” His voice got a little quieter, “And it’s been coming out both ends, if you catch my drift.”

“Sod off… you…. bloody fanger.” The demon coughed, holding up a hand to his vampire companion and flipping him off, soon adding the index finger in as well before his hand dropped to the floor and he rolled his head on Barclay’s lap, facing her torso now with a low grunt of pain.

Loki ignored the gesture and the demon’s words, he shook his head. “No. No seizures, I don’t think. I haven’t been around him the entire time but I think Rowena would have panicked when I came to his flat to see how he’d been doing. He’s been like this since Halloween. Five days.” He then perked up as Barclay told him to walk and talk. He wanted to keep an eye on Sebastian but did as she asked him to. “It’s mostly been like this. He’s acting like something poisoned him although I don’t know what could have possibly done this. Rowena was an expert on demonology and spells that had to do with them. She’d never seen anything like this. Had to be a pretty creative witch to come up with something that makes a demon think their insides are melting.” The vampire was wracking his brain for absolutely anything that could help her pinpoint how to cure this. “Unfortunately, I don’t think it was anything the poor guy ate. His diet consists of a lot of tea, cookies and biscuits.” He glanced over the counter at Seb, who had pressed his face against the tile floor because it was cool. He’d at least stopped withering in pain. This may have been a result of him sitting still. “Perhaps a hex?” He suggested. Loki wouldn’t have been surprised if this were a curse rather than a spell of some sort.

Barclay Bishop
PM EMAIL
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 03:17 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 47

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay frowned when the demon flinched at her touch. This wasn’t good. This wasn’t good at all. One could probably cook and egg on his chest from the heat that was radiating off him. He was making her sweat. That could very well be her nerves. She didn’t have much of a background in the healing magic. As a teenager, she had thought about becoming a doctor, but that was until she had come into her powers. She had still done some research on natural healing remedies because of the effects some plants had.

The demon didn’t look good at all. Usually he was well put together and neatly groomed. He always kept up with appearances. He looked like he hadn’t seen a mirror in days. She sighed a bit as his relaxed against her touch a bit and curled up toward her. “Poor thing…” She whispered softly, brushing his shaggy hair away from his forehead. Her heart was breaking at the sight of the quivering demon. She was racking her brain with could have done this. It was something dark. Very dark. Whatever it was, she was going to cure him of it. She was determined.

She listened to the shocked vampire as he answered her questions. She frowned when he said he hadn’t tried his own blood. “Well, it might night cure him, but it’ll certainly will take the edge off. That much I know. I’ll give it a try.” She said, looked down at the demon. She gave a soft smile at he assured her that he was with her. “Rest.” She cooed. “I’ll take care of you.” She promised then looked to his arm. If he couldn’t even keep water down then he was extremely dehydrated. In other words, finding a vein to poke an uninvited needle into wouldn’t be an easy task.

She just continued to pet his ruffled hair as Loki spoke and Sebastian moved closer to her. She wasn’t sure if it was to move away from his vampiric companion or if he was seeking comfort. Whatever it was, she was welcoming. She too ignored the gesture. She gently rested Seb’s head on the ground before heading to the back of her store with Loki behind her. She listened to everything he had to say. She was trying to put two and two together, but she was getting everything other than four. “Maybe a hex. The foaming at the mouth generally suggests a poisoning or a seizure. That why I asked… Hexes are generally things that bring bad luck to people who come in contact with it. I’m assuming you and Ms. Rowena haven’t had a bout of whatever this is…” She spoke as she gathered supplies from the cabinets. Those supplies included a needle and stretchy band to tie around an arm. “Then again it could be specifically directed at him… But a hex isn’t my first suspicion. A good guess though considering the situation is quite unfortunate.”

She turned to the vampire. “I’m going to need your cooperation.” She said and took his arm, shoving his sleeve up and wrapping the stretchy band just a few inches above his elbow. “This is going to give us some time…” She said and felt around his inner elbow for a vein. One easily surfaced for her. “Am I right to assume you’ve fed recently?” she asked and eased the needle into his skin, not really looking for an answer. She filled the needle to its capacity and withdrew it from his arm. She took the band from his arm and hurried back to the whimpering demons side. She got on her needles and stroked his head. “I’m sorry Sebastian… This is probably going to hurt more than it should…” She said and took his arm, slowly straightening it. She tied the band around his arm like she had done just a minute ago. She felt around for a vein, frowning when none came. There was a small one though and she went for it. She gave him the blood and pulled the band from his arm. “I need you to watch him. I need to get some books.” She said, gently stroking the demons head before heading upstairs, tossing in the garbage as she did so.

Sara
PM
^
Sebastian Burnett
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 01:18 AM

Age // 694

Posts // 92

Rank // Lord

Nicknames // Seb

Species // Demon

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

Even when he’d been alive and human, Sebastian hadn’t ever felt like this before. It probably would have killed him anyway. In all of his years, he hadn’t felt this kind of thing. Not even a curse from a witch had been this bad. Maybe it only mattered on the intent? He wasn’t sure. Seb wasn’t sure about a whole lot at the moment though. One thing he was sure of is that he’d come to the right witch for this. Plants healed all kinds of things, right? Regardless, Sebastian felt like he’d put his trust in the right person. Barclay wouldn’t steer him wrong.

When she’d called him a ‘poor thing’, he’d grabbed her wrist. His hands were rather sweaty. “Don’t pity me. Worse things have happened..” He cleared this throat and then had a short coughing fit that sounded a little wet at the end.

Loki couldn’t help but stare at how gentle Barclay was being with the demon. It was rather surprising, even considering Loki had seen how women of Sebastian’s past had treated him. “Of course. Take however much you need. I’d probably have a rather dull life without this arse.” Quickly, Loki shrugged off the suit jacket he’d been wearing. He wasted no time rolling up his sleeves when he’d tossed up on the counter. There was no doubt that Barclay could find a suitable vein on Loki… But Sebastian was a whole different beast.

There was no doubt that the demon’s veins had shrunk to nothing since it had been so hard for him to keep down liquids. The vampire tried, and tried frequently. Even different methods, though ice lollies never seemed to last very long around someone so hot. Sebastian felt a lot of comfort from Barclay. He hadn’t felt this cared for since his own mother had been alive. He’d never known if she was a witch or not but it would have made a lot of sense since he was so attracted to them. Then again, his mind was in a fuzzy, fever dream state. “I know. I know. You’re so kind, Miss Bishop.” His face soon rested up against the cool tile of the floor again and he moaned a little at the change of sensation. It felt good still but it wasn’t as comforting as a lap with a hand that comforted him like he was a mortal child again.

Loki stared at the back of Barclay’s head while she explained things to him. It was the demon who spent a lot of time around witches, not himself. He wasn’t quite sure how magick and the whole deal worked. He then shook his head when she asked if he or Rowena had had any bouts of whatever this illness was. “Oh no. Nothing to either one of us. Just him. It’s quite curious.” Seeing some of the supplies that Barclay had chosen from her cabinet, Loki knew he was correct in thinking she was interested in some of his blood. This was fine though. He was more than willing to help his oldest friend. “What do you think it could be then?” Knowing how these things worked, Loki started to flex his arm and relax it before she even asked. And there wasn’t much of a question but more of a ‘this is going to happen. Brace yourself.’

Blue eyes widened when the needle went into his arm and he hissed a little bit at the loss of his blood. He stared at the vile as she asked if he’d fed recently. “This morning.” And he was already starting to feel the pang of hunger again. He would only allow himself to feed in the morning again. Sebastian had sacrificed a lot for him, he could do a couple hours keeping away from temptation if it helped at all.

Sebastian’s eyes popped open when he heard Barclay’s footsteps and stroked his head. He may have drooled a little on the floor because he’d finally found a comfortable spot where his stomach hadn’t been in turmoil and it didn’t feel like his skull was going to burst open. This time he hadn’t been so startled and he watched as the needle went into his arm and the red liquid disappeared into his arm. He blinked a few times, a confused look on his face. “Loki? Was that you’re blood? I just tasted when you last had sex. Who was that? OH that escort you keep recommending. Right then.” Sebastian rubbed his face as the effects of the vampire blood in his system really sank in.

Even as Seb prattled on, Loki remained quiet. It wasn’t polite to talk in front of a lady like that. When Barclay told him to watch Sebastian while she went to fetch some books, he nodded and slid past her. The demon was now at least using his bicep as a pillow and was asking questions about that escort. He hadn’t been given the blood memories but he could taste the sin on Loki. Since that had been the most recent, it was the strongest. The demon didn’t look 100% but he must have been feeling a bit better to be talking this much.

Barclay Bishop
PM EMAIL
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 09:38 PM

Age // 24

Posts // 47

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay jumped with his grabbed her wrist with one rather quick movement. She hadnt expected him to be so fast or to move at all with all the pain he was in. He skin was extremely clammy and slick. Maybe it was because he had been clenching his hands from the pain. She just bit her lower lip and nodded. She still felt back that he felt like this. The poor thing would have been dead if he wasnt an immortal. She could feel the vampires red stare on her. She just blushed a bit and comforted the demon through his cough. You need to relax. The more you work yourself up the more likely you are to cough up a lung She murmured softly, softly stroking his soaked hair. She didnt completely ignore his warning about not pitying him. She just didnt respond. Last time she checked, he was one the ground and whimpering like a baby and she was taking care of him.

She glanced up at Loki while he spoke and asked her what she thought it might be. She frowned and bit her lower lip. I think it might be some sort of curse or poison linked with magic. Nothing in the human world would do this to him. However, linked to some sort of dark magic It could easily harm him. I just have to figure out what it might be. She said as she took the blood from his vein. She was happy that Loki was so cooperative. He seemed to really care for his friend. Shed only met him a couple of times before hand and very briefly. She could tell though that he was a good person. Especially from this moment.

She didnt want to admit it out loud, but she wasnt sure what could have done this to him. She had not a clue. She had several Grimoires that she had stolen from her parents upon leaving them behind her. Her brother had been oddly proud of her for taking them. She needed them to learn more and to continue her training. She was still young and knew she had so much to learn. The temptation of joining a coven to expand her knowledge was great, but she didnt want it to get in the way of her relationship with her brother. Hopefully her books had something on dark magic. She didnt delve into the area because her powers were focused on the earth and plants.

It was kind of funny that the big bad vampire flinched and hissed at the needle. Maybe there was still a human quality to these immortals after all. Loki had obviously been bitten and she knew that the demon laying on her tile floor had been human once It was an interesting concept. She had been curious about it for a while. Her brother had been mortal once too. Yes, he was a bit different, but he was still her brother and she loved him very much. Maybe those who had once been human maintained that human quality or some amount of it. Maybe it was something to test out later. For now, she needed to give all her attention to her patient.

She watched at the sudden change in the demon occurred. A look of surprise appeared on her face. She was relieved at the same time though. If this could hold him over for just a little while she would be thankful. However, the things came out of his mouth were much more surprising. A bright blush came over her cheeks as he mentioned escorts and sex. She averted her gaze from both males and tried to hide her embarrassment. She was a little virgin. Sex wasnt something that crossed her mind very often. It actually made her uncomfortable to an extent.

She hurried up to her apartment and to the bookcases in her room. She pulled the Grimoires from the shelves and took as many as she could carry. There had to be something in these She was certain he wouldnt survive to night if she didnt figure out what was going on. She hurried downstairs, pulling the door behind her to keep her cats upstairs. She hurried through the back of her store and around the counter to settle on the floor with the demon again. Im glad youre feeling better for the time being Seb. She said and glanced up at him as she flipped through the thickest book. The pages were old. Much older than her. They were thin and smelt like an old book should. The edges were dusty and the leather that bound the book was worn. She sat with her legs crossed and the book in her lap, her eyes quickly scanning the pages.

Sara
PM
^
Sebastian Burnett
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 01:21 AM

Age // 694

Posts // 92

Rank // Lord

Nicknames // Seb

Species // Demon

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

When Barclay told Seb to calm down and relax, Sebastian laughed a little. It was hard to tell if it was just a fever dream laugh or if he was actually chuckling at her concern. He’d died once, he’d never really heard of a demon dying of some poisoning given to him by a witch. Likely it was just a fancy parlor trick and Sebastian just got the shitty end of the stick. Still, he was mostly covering up his own fear that he could actually die and for good this time. That single thought made him nervous and after his wet sounding laughter a couple of lazy coughs came from him he laid back down on the cool tile and tried to find some comfort on that floor.

Loki blinked a few times as she explained what she thought it could be. He opened and closed his mouth a few times but the information she’d given him hadn’t quite sunk in just yet. Aware that he looked like a fish out of water, the vampire shut his mouth and decided to think on what he wanted to say. “Have you ever seen anything like this before? He’s got a lady friend who used to be a witch but now she’s a demon thanks to his power. Apparently she specialized in a lot of demon related spells and she was surprised her old grimoires didn’t tell her anything.” He turned to look at Seb and frowned. A cure felt a little bleak if Barclay didn’t know what to make of it. “Though I suppose it depends on who teaches you what, right?” He asked, unsure if that’s how the witching world really worked. He could only hope that the Bishop family had been some well rounded witches. Maybe he’d heard some things a long time ago but everything may be different by now.

Loki has flinched at the needle because he never really liked anything taking his own blood from him. Slightly ironic but that’s just how this vampire functioned. He didn’t even fancy his own kind nibbling on him, even if it was meant to be a bit of foreplay. Sure it felt good at the initial puncture but after all was said and done, Loki was hungry again and would not ever allow himself to feed more than what he’d already done for the day. He’d been down an uncontrollable path before this and he wasn’t about to tread down it again.

It had been Sebastian that had noticed Barclay’s blush and quick escape to the staircase to her apartment above. He’d opened his mouth to apologize, he could smell that she was a virgin the first time he’d met her. Barclay had also been very nice to him, very professional and he obviously held her at a higher standard than just a virgin to conquer. She didn’t seem like the type of lady to just open her legs for anyone and that was her own prerogative. Seb might be a little sad the day he walked into the shop and he no longer smelled that very familiar scent on her. As cliche and unlike the nature of a demon at all, he at least hoped it was someone deserving of such a lovely individual.

“I think you scared her off, mate.” Loki snickered.

Sebastian attempted to shove his friend but ended up falling over in the process and it brought forth a pained groan as he tried to push himself off the floor again but he felt a little weaker than the burst of energy he’d gotten from Loki’s blood. Never before had he consumed the vampire’s blood before but it wouldn’t surprise him if it metabolized quickly in his system. Instead he growled from his position on the floor, “ “Oh sod off, Liam.” he managed to spit out before a sharp pain wracked through his abdominals and caused him to fold in on himself. He didn’t whine this time, not a peep. He just let out a very heavy sigh and it shook the less air he had left in his lungs.

It made Loki reach out with the hand that was closest to his old friend and give him a comforting touch on his shoulder. He then put that hand on his forehead. “I wasn’t aware you could sweat. And you don’t feel hotter but actually cooler than you normally do. I don’t know if that’s because of my blood or what. Are you feeling any different?”

“A little, I wager.” He grumbled, slowly crawling over to the counter in the shop and then pulling himself up to lean against it so he could sit upright. “Perhaps when the nausea bit passes I’ll actually feel hungry. Who did you feed off of this morning?”

“Rebecca.”

“Your receptionist? Do you feed off her often? She really needs more iron and electrolytes in her diet.”

“I won’t argue with you there. I can taste the sodium in her blood. Too much fast food but a willing human to feed from is a willing blood bag.” He shrugged a little, smirking and then looking over the counter the best he could when Barclay returned with lots of reading material. “Need some help in that search, Miss?”

Seb smiled a little as she sat next to him. Even knowing she was focused on the task at hand, he leaned to touch shoulders with her. He still felt rather weak, he figured it was from the lack of nourishment for the past few days so this is what he could do. “Thank you for doing this. I don’t know who else I’d go to and who would be willing to lend a hand.” Seb sounded better but he didn’t look a whole lot better. At least Loki’s blood was working for the time being.

Barclay Bishop
PM EMAIL
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 02:14 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 47

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay had never dabbled in dark magic before. It was something she generally stayed away from. When she first came into her powers she had been told that dark magic would never be tolerated in the household. She found it ironic that on the very top shelf of the library of their home they had books on dark magic. She had stumbled upon them late one night when she was too excited to sleep. She climbed the ladder and pulled a miscellaneous pile of books. There they were. Dark magic grimoires. To her it didn’t make sense. Maybe they were just passed down through the generations, but why keep them if they didn’t want it practiced. She never bothered with the books, but when she left home she took a handful of them. Maybe one day she would need them. Like today.

“Honestly Mr. Prescott… No… I don’t touch dark magic like this, but I know my poisons and potions.” She bit her lower lip. She was looking for the right words to say ‘I might not be able to save him.’ She wasn’t going to give up, but she wasn’t one hundred percent sure that she could save him. She looked to the vampire, a look of determination upon her soft features. “I’m going to try my hardest… I promise.” That all she could say. She felt like a doctor coming out to tell a family that the patient might not survive a procedure. She didn’t know how those people could do their job without knowing the outcome. She was thankful for people like them though. She just wasn’t one of them.

Barclay was a virgin in most senses of the word. She been kissed before by only a handful of men. Things had never gone further than just a kiss though. She’d probably never gone passed a third date with a man. After that was when they expected a little bit of loving. If she wasn’t feeling it then she wasn’t going to just give it away. To her it was something special. She wanted to feel something for somebody. She didn’t want it to be just meaningless sex with a stranger from a bar. She felt like it was a rarity these days, but it was just how she felt about it. Just the demon bringing it up around her was enough for her to get embarrassed. Especially when there was a stranger present. She didn’t know the vampire very well or at all to be honest. Sebastian had mentioned him maybe once or twice before, but that was it. The whole situation made her feel awkward.

Once settled on the floor, she peered up at the vampire with a friendly smile. “It would be appreciated.” She said and picked up on the books she suspected would be the most help to their search. “Flip through this one. Anything having to with demons and magic. Anything could be the answer. There could very well be just one spell that will do the trick and we can’t afford to skip over it.” She said and handed him the book. “I don’t know how old some of these books are, but most of them are one of a kind. Just be careful with the pages.” She peered over at the demon and smiled softly as he leaned against her shoulder. “You’re welcome. Nobody deserves to suffer. Not even a demon.” She said and pushed her lock red locks behind her ear.

Her focus moved back to the book in her lap. She flipped through the book quietly, taking in the words as she went along. She didn’t know how fast his body would metabolize the vampire blood, but she had a feeling she didn’t have much time.

Sara
PM
^
Sebastian Burnett
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 09:31 PM

Age // 694

Posts // 92

Rank // Lord

Nicknames // Seb

Species // Demon

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

Loki blinked a few times at Barclay’s response. Loki hadn’t honestly thought she would dabble too much into the dark arts. There was something pure about her. A sweetness in her blood that he could smell (or maybe that was the scent of flowers that was lingering on her every time he saw her.) He did try to look a bit apologetic at her, thinking what he’d said may have given her offense. “Of course. I can only imagine you know all the important things there is to know about herbalism.” Liam was a lawyer after all. He could tell when someone was trying to give it to him softly. Keeping a neutral expression, he looked between her and the demon who he had known most of his life. His features softened. If there had ever been anyone in his life that he loved, it would be Sebastian. “I have good faith you won’t let either of us down, miss.”

After all that and Barclay welcomed Loki’s assistance, the vampire gingerly took the book from Barlcay’s hand. He wondered if it was as old as he was as he opened it and a bit of dust came from the pages. Raising an eyebrow, he nodded as he listened to her instructions. Reaching up to scratch one of his eyes with his knuckles, he had to blink a few times to get the blue eyed contacts back in place. Red irises would likely be bad for business but the modern age had fixed that problem for Loki so he just looked like a fair skinned young man with sharp canines. Nothing too out of the ordinary. “These have been in your family for many years.” It hadn’t entirely been a question. Loki could clearly see by the weathered pages and the tight scribble on the pages. Some things had dates written on it and they did date back near to the fifteen hundreds. The vampire wondered if he was looking into Barclay’s family’s past.

Another pang of pain wracked through the demon and he bent close to his knees. Not only to stop the nausea but also to relieve the muscles in his abdomen. He felt like he was having contractions. Ugh, the thought of something busting out of his stomach or chest made his face wrinkle and as soon as the pain passed, he straightened up to poke at his belly and his chest. There was no telling what could possibly happen but Sebastian sure did hope no Alien bullshite went on. Satisfied in his search, he looked over to the red headed witch next to him and his old friend looking at old texts. Lips growing tight, “Well don’t I feel like an bum.”

Loki looked up briefly, “What? Would you like to read with me, Bassy? Perhaps come sit on my lap?”

The only being to ever really call him “Bassy”, he scowled a little. Liam was also the only person who would really get away with it too. It had been a pet name even when they were alive together. “No. But I want to help..?” He didn’t like feeling useless and even though he felt like utter shite, he still felt good enough to aide himself… To an extent.

Loki shook his head, smiling to himself as he kept his eyes on the text. “No I don’t think so, mate. Just sit back and… Hold a tick… I wonder if this would help?” Scooting closer to Barclay, he showed her the entry in which he spoke of. It was a spell, much like voodoo, that could poison practically anything, including a demon. He’d almost missed it messing with Sebastian but he eagerly showed Barclay to see if it made any difference. The vampire had been too thrilled on his discovery that he hadn’t read on to see if there was a cure.

Even Sebastian leaned forward, curious what was in the text and what the final verdict was.

Phoenix
PM EMAIL
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 01:15 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 47

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

The little witch wasn’t easily offended by much. She believed that if you held grudges and spent your time being angry with others about little mistakes then you were wasting your energy in a sense. She had better things to do with that energy. Things like saving her friends life. She knew Mr. Prescott didn’t mean her any offense. He seemed like a good man. She knew Sebastian wouldn’t bring a person that meant her harm around. Although Barclay tried to see the good in everybody. She wasn’t one that looked for the bad in people she barely knew. She didn’t blindly trust people either. Everybody was innocent until proven guilty, right? She looked at Liam and nodded. “I won’t let either of you down.” She said, conjuring her best smile for the moment.

Barclay loved books. She loved reading. As boring as reading through all the family Grimoires had been as a teenager, having a book in her hand had been rather comforting. She loved the feeling of the thin old pages and that old book smell that accompanied them. She loved the old leather-bound covers. They were beautiful and hand made by her ancestors. Lord knew how old most of them were. She had a feeling out of all of her collection that the books she had brought downstairs with her were probably the oldest. Who knew dark magic went back so far?

She knew these books were anything to mess with though. She had learned to respect Grimoires. Her father had convinced her that Grimoires themselves held magic of their own. Sometimes if she held one for too long she could feel the magic coursing through the pages. It was weird to think about a book as a living and breathing object. She believed in it though as crazy as it sounded. Maybe it was because it was so in tune with in the earth. Who knew? “They were. I took them when I left home so I guess not anymore.” She said, her gaze never leaving the pages.

She gave a soft smile and paused her search when the demon leaning against her complained about not being able to join in on the search. She let the vampire and demon go back and forth. They were quite a pair. She could tell that Mr. Prescott really cared about Sebastian. He was gentle with replies, but he knew the importance of the demon conserving his energy. She was happy for the backup. She didn’t have to do the enforcing. She looked at the book in Liam’s lap when he called a spell to her attention. “Let me see…” She said, leaning over to read it over. The spell itself was in Latin, but the information about it was English. All the Latin classes paid off in high school. She could read it with ease now. “I think we have a winner.” She said, closing the book on her lap and taking the book from him.

“It’s a very powerful spell as I predicted… I can’t do it on my own. I mean, I can, but I need to siphon energy…” She glanced at the Vampire. “I need you to be my volunteer…” She looked back to the book and moved her finger over the worn and weathered pages. She read cure through the cure quietly, making a mental list of the things she would need. “Why does dark magic always need some sort of sacrifice…” She muttered. She looked to Liam again. “I need you to catch me something small. Like a little bird or squirrel. Kill it before bringing in here… I don’t kill things… There are always animals hanging out in the ally right here. I can get everything else though.” She said and set the book on the floor. “Hurry.” She said before heading back upstairs to gather all the supplies she would need.

Sara
PM
^
Sebastian Burnett
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 07:23 PM

Age // 694

Posts // 92

Rank // Lord

Nicknames // Seb

Species // Demon

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

Loki wanted to feel reassured. He wanted to feel as sure of this little lady’s prowess as the demon sitting on the floor. It nearly oozed from him every time he looked at her. If Loki hadn’t known any better, he might think Sebastian had a crush on her or something. He supposed this would be similar to looking into to the sun too long.

Loki knew even less about grimoires as he did with witches but Sebastian knew quite a bit about both. He had a few different grimoires from an old friend who didn’t need them anymore. She’d told him she had written about him in one of them (she had. It was a sexual fantasy. It had made Sebastian lose his lunch.) But the vampire was the one who was handed the old book, not the demon. So with the best of his ability, he searched pages high and low for anything that may pertain to what they were trying to do. And he struck gold apparently.

Surrendering the book over to her, he slowly stood up at what she was telling him. It sounded like he was going to be very hungry later and that made him gulp. “I’ll do it. Just tell me what I need to do.” He said, standing up a little straighter and trying not to sound like he was going to regret this. Everything would be fine. It’s not like he was going to die or anything and now Sebastian wouldn’t either.

Hearing her say she needed a small animal and that he needed to hurry, he quickly headed out the front door of the shop and rounded the building where she said the animals hung out.

Then Sebastian was up. He had to give himself a few moments to recover from the quick change in altitude… He was only six foot two and he had been for centuries but why it was giving him a sudden wave of vertigo was beyond him. Once it passed he looked over at Barclay. “So you think you’ve got it then?” He sounded excited and for good reason.

Soon Loki came back in through the door and locked it behind him. “I don’t think there is a thing in this bloody city that is small.” He held up a dead squirrel that was as long as his leg. “This one was eating pizza when I found him. Tried to run off with it but kept falling on it…. Pizza.”

“Pizza?” Seb asked like he didn’t quite believe it. Vein

“Pizza. And his mate was eating chicken wings.”

“Bloody hell.” They both looked grossed and weirded out.

Loki looked unsure of what he should do with the massive squirrel so he looked at Barclay for answers. His expression also said he could handle the messy work if she didn’t want to do it.

Barclay Bishop
PM EMAIL
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 02:30 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 47

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay hurriedly tried to gather all the things she would need to complete the spell. She was glad she had everything besides for the sacrifice. The little witch could barely hurt a fly. Her job was to help living beings and make them thrive. Not take lives and crush beings. Maybe it was a little stereotypical for her to send a vampire to take the life of a living being… It probably would have been even worse if she had made Sebastian do it himself. She was just working with what she had though and Mr. Prescott seemed as if he would do anything to help his friend. Surprisingly enough, she didn’t have that many friends. Her only friends were the ones that stood on the opposite side of her counter while she rung them up.

She grabbed one of the her geode bowls from the top shelf of her kitchen cabinets. They certainly weren’t for food, but she didn’t like to keep them out for show. Especially when she had three felines who enjoyed occasionally pushing things off shelves so she kept them stowed away for safe keeping. This one was amethyst. They were meant to protect people from ‘drunkness’ or poisoning. She hoped that she would be able to use it to draw the poison from him. The spell did specify what kind of bowl to use so she hoped this would help. She gathered the fresh herbs from her fridge and grabbed a couple of other things including a pair of scissors and a knife.

She headed downstairs and set everything down on the counter, double checking that she had all that she needed. She watched the demon carefully stand up she almost reached over to help him, but he seemed to be alright. If he stumbled though she would try to catch him. He was much larger than her and probably weighed twice as much as she did, but she would do her best. She smiled a bit and nodded at his question. “I believe I do. This isn’t going to be a very easy spell. It’ll probably leave you weak for a little while. I’ll probably take a hit too.” She took the scissors from the bowl and looked to his unruly hair. “I’m going to need some hair… I can even it out later if it’s noticeable.” She said and reached up, snipping off some hair from behind his ear in hopes he wouldn’t look too lopsided later on. If anything, she could just snip a little off the other side.

She took the hair and place it carefully into the bowl, mixing it in with all the herbs and things. She peered over her shoulder at the bell on the front door sang its happy little tune when Liam came in with the squirrel dangling by his side. She giggled a bit when he commented how nothing in the city was small. He wasn’t wrong, the squirrel he had caught was quite large. She listened to them chat back and forth for a moment before moving to take the squirrel. “Poor little guy…” She said as she picked it up by the scruff of the neck. “Thank you Liam.” She said before taking it back to the counter. “Can you shut all the blinds and lock the door? Turn off that open sign. We don’t need any interruptions.” She said as she prepared the bowl and took the candles she had grabbed and placed the five of them in a star formation on the ground. She whispered a couple of soft words and they lit with ease. It was a simple spell most witches learned.

She frowned at the squirrel as she picked it up and held it over the bowl. She took the knife and glided it over the creature’s chest to allow the blood to flood into the bowl. This would be quite sticky later on. She’d have to do a cleansing spell to get rid of the negative energy she was about use it to channel. She set the squirrel down and gently pet its head, deciding she would give it a proper burial later on. She took the bowl and placed it in the center of the candles. She glanced to Sebastian and gave him a half smile. “I know you worked so hard standing up. You’re much stronger than I thought you would be, but you’ll probably want to sit down for this next part.” She spoke softly to him. “You can stand though if you really want to. You just can’t let go of either of us, okay?” She reached up and brushed a lock of hair from his forehead. Even though he was sick, pale, and sweaty, she still thought he was handsome. She was kind of liking the beard too. Maybe if it was a little more groomed it would look better, but she wasn’t hating it. “You might feel worse before you feel better, but I promise you’ll feel better.” She said and offering a hand to him, her bright blue eyes confident that she could cure him of this illness.

She moved as slow as he needed her to, leading him to the center of candles. Once he was settled in his preferred position, she motioned for Liam to join them. She took the vampires hand and waited for him to join hands with the demon. The more she thought about it the more it sounded like the beginning to some messed up joke. She glanced at both men, tilting her head more upward to look at Sebastian. “No matter what, don’t let go. I don’t think I’ll be able to perform this a second time, but I’ll know when it’s done.” She paused for a moment to let it sink in. “Ready?” She asked, making sure both men were ready. Once she started there was no going back.

Once she got the ‘okay’ from each man, she nodded and closed her eyes and allowed her magic to flow. It stretched from her body like roots from a tree, curling around the body of each man. You couldn’t see it, but you could feel it. There was almost a level of comfort her magic brought because of its earthy properties. That level of comfort wouldn’t be there today though. She was working against darker and malicious energy. The usual comforting feeling would be replaced by a something much darker. She didn’t like it one bit, but she was determined to save her friend. She began chanting the spell in written in the old Grimoire. Latin spilled from her lips as easily as English. She was fluent in the language for magic purposes only. She knew Sebastian would be able to translate the words she was saying, but she had a feeling he would become much more distracted as her magic worked itself through his system and fought with the poison that weakened him.

Her chanting got louder and more rhythmic and her body began to sway a bit. Her hand tightened around Liam’s as she pulled energy from him to fuel her own magic. She wouldn’t blame him if he traced away after the spell was complete to fuel his thirst. She would be able to take care of their demon friend afterward. Well, as long as she could function. Her chanting got even louder and faster, her grip tightening on the vampire’s hand. The candles around them grew brighter and their small flames shot up in response to her. She could feel her magic coursing through the demon. She could almost see it on the backs of her eyelids, searching for the center of the poisoning. Her eyes darted wildly behind their lids. It seemed as if she were looking for something when indeed she was.

She was almost shouting now, her magic tackling the poison and fighting it. Her knees grew weak and she was barely aware of her surroundings. At this point her mouth was just following the pattern of the words she had repeated a countless amount of times. Blood dripped down and out of her nose as she grew too weak to stand, dropping to her knees, but still holding onto the hands of the men around her. Everything around her had disappeared and she just mindlessly reciting the incantation. The fire from the candles grew hot and kept growing in height. Her heart pounded in her chest as the spell reached its climax. She could feel it. She was so close to winning this invisible fight she could almost taste it. Or was that the blood dripping from her nose and into her mouth?

Could feel it. The poison was beginning to expel itself from his body. Her magic surged through his veins, fighting away any sign of sickness there was left. It was over. She had won this battle. They had won this battle. She let the final verse of the incantation leave her lips in almost a scream before letting go of Liam and Sebastian and collapsing forward into Liam’s chest. Her heart thundered in her chest and she felt so weak, but she knew she had won.

Sara
PM
^
Sebastian Burnett
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 11:47 PM

Age // 694

Posts // 92

Rank // Lord

Nicknames // Seb

Species // Demon

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

Like he was trying to prove something, Sebastian leaned on the counter of the flower shop as Barclay went to collect her own supplies. He found himself staring at orchids she had neatly arranged and thought he could probably use an orchid in the kitchen. It would look nice on the island or sitting on the window sill. When she’d come back he was standing and wanting to go look at the flowers but his legs still felt like a newborn deer and he didn’t exactly trust his equilibrium at the moment.

Thinking carefully about her reply to him, he wondered to himself how long he might be out of commission. Another week? Hopefully just a couple days. He could name something that he really wanted to get back to seeing on the regular but Seb knew Barclay didn’t want to hear him talk about that sort of thing.

Chuckling as she said she needed some hair, he bent forward for her so she could get to it. “Just no bald spots please.” He teased. His dark brown hair that was regularly kept neat and tidy had gotten a little out of hand. It was surprising what a week or not keeping up with yourself would do. Touching where she’d taken the hair from, he shrugged a little. “I could probably use a haircut after this anyway.” That would probably be one of his first stops when he was feeling better.

Liam surrendered the squirrel willingly and nodded at the request to close the blinds and lock the front door. “Of course.” He was already turning around to complete the task before he even got the words out. Using just enough bursts of speed to get the task done so Barclay didn’t have to slow down her process, soon the whole store was closed up tight for the night and he stopped right next to the now wobbly demon. In truth this was very troubling for Liam to be see. It got him thinking that what if demons did have an expiration and this was just the beginning. That thought was horrifying.

Sebastian was going to be fine (he just had to keep telling himself this). He was smart to come to Miss Bishop. Even if his eyes were itchy as Hell from the bright blue contacts he wore to appear more human to clients and give them some peace of mind, they had still caught the spells and little footnotes of her ancestors. They weren’t idiots and seemed to know their stuff. No doubt the apple never falls far from the tree. He had confidence in this young witch. He had to. For the sake of the closest thing he’d ever had to family.

Looking over at him now and hearing what Miss Bishop had told him (and then knowing the demon for as long as he did) Loki already knew that Sebastian would refuse to sit down before it even left his own mouth. The smell of animal blood was filling his nostrils and distracting him. Animal blood was putrid but he was already feeling hungry. This was going to be a long night.

“I think I can handle it.” He said hard headedly.

Rolling his eyes, Loki put a hand on Sebastian’s shoulder. “I think you should listen to her. She knows what she’s talking about.”

Sebastian looked at the hand on his shoulder, smiled but brushed him off. “I’ll be fine, Liam.” This was embarrassing. His friend treating him as if he were fragile and maybe he did feel his face heat up when Barclay brushed some hair out of his face. Good thing he was feverish anyway so a flush was not out of the ordinary. “I won’t let go.” He reassured her. Shrugging he sighed a little before saying, “If I can eat something before noon tomorrow, I think I’ll survive. And not have it coming back up within minutes.” This was why he’d come to Barclay; he knew she could cure him of this. Seb took her hand without hesitation.

Still thinking Sebastian should have sat down, Loki joined the circle and held hands with them both.

The demon’s grip tightened on both of their hands at what Barclay told him. He nodded his head, not really feeling like he needed to tell her he understood. There was no way he was going to let go of her hand and Loki could handle a lot more of his grip than she could so… it just wasn’t going to happen.

Once they were both sure neither of them could get more ready for this to be over with, they nodded to her to start the spell. It was practically instant for Loki to start feeling his energy being sapped from him. Gritting his teeth tightly together, he just tried to think of Sebastian eating a dozen donuts in his office while they were discussing contracts. It would be like that again soon.

Sebastian on the other hand felt like a war was erupting in his stomach. Curling over and not bothering to hide the strangled groan of agony. He felt his knees getting weak and his legs trembling but willed himself to keep standing. That is until Barclay collapsed too. Or maybe it had been him to drag her down? Still, he didn’t let go. Liam joined them on the floor, not feeling like he had much of choice in the matter. Aside from all that, he was starting to feel very fatigued. The vampire couldn’t recall the last time he’d felt like this.

Then he could feel it. The cloud that had been attached to him for a week now. Something heavy and draining. Dark. A darkness the demon was not familiar with. Finally he could feel it being forced from his body and something more familiar, something comforting taking its place. It reminded him of when he was a child, not yet corrupt by his upbringing and being nuzzled against his mother’s breast. She would stroke his hair and sing beautifully until he was sleeping softly. One of the few tender moments he could remember with her. But just like that the bad was gone and there was nothing left but that familiar feeling. And then suddenly he felt rather normal… at least he thought so?

It all happened so fast. Barclay finished her spell and then she was collapsing against Loki’s chest. He caught her of course, and the smell of her blood woke a hunger up inside him. Swallowing it down, he pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket and blotted the blood coming from her nose off her fair face.

Sebastian felt a little wobbly but other than that he was still sitting upright. Then… suddenly he didn’t feel quite right. Quickly getting up from the floor, the demon made a mad dash for the front door. Careful to unlock it rather than barrel through it, Seb flung the door open and got to the beginning of the alleyway before heaving over. He had a feeling he didn’t want to put this in Barclay’s shop, it was certainly not regular vomit coming from him. A dark green smoke poured from his mouth and evaporated into the air before it hit the ground. After he’d stopped, he still waited a couple minutes before he was sure it was done. Finally the thing was over. Thank Lucifer.

Slowly walking back into the shop, he locked the door behind him again. Knowing there was a mint plant in here, the demon sought it out and took a few leaves off to chew them. His mouth tasted like arse. And not arse he liked to lick either. Sebastian walked back over to the pair, glad Liam hadn’t snapped from that bit of blood. He did look helplessly up at Sebastian however. Sitting down, he opened up his arms to cradle Barclay. Carefully surrendering her over, Liam still looked a little panicked.

“There’s blood bags at my house. Stay. There.”

Not needing instruction twice, the vampire traced away. Hopefully to Sebastian’s penthouse. Looking down at Barclay now cradled in his lap, he reached up to brush some of her red hair out of her face. “Thank you, Clay.” He whispered in a low voice. Leaning in, he kissed her on the cheek. Sebastian was going to have to do something nice for Barclay. Something she would really like. “What would I do without you?” A light smile was on his lips. He may have wound up dead for all he knew. Sebastian had a lot to thank Barclay for.

Phoenix
PM EMAIL
^
Barclay Bishop
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 01:59 AM

Age // 24

Posts // 47

Rank // Untrained

Nicknames // Clay

Species // Witch

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Barclay knew the demon would already shrug them both off for suggesting that he should sit down for the spell. She was just worried about his wellbeing. That was all. She knew arguing with him on the matter wouldn’t help either. He could be quite stubborn when he wanted to. Although right now he was just putting on the tough guy façade. He didn’t want to look weak in front of her or his best friend, but she had a feeling if they had left him alone for more than a couple of minutes he probably would have fallen over or done something silly like walk without assistance. He didn’t want to be babied, but she couldn’t help it. She was worried. He wasn’t only her best customer, but he was truly her friend and she cared about him. Maybe a little too much… That was probably where most of her feelings were coming from right now. She just hoped it wasn’t too obvious. She had caught some curious glances from Liam, but he kept quiet which was good for the moment.

“Alright… If you say so… Don’t say we didn’t try to tell you…” She said with a simple shrug. She just didn’t want him to hurt himself further. Not that he wouldn’t heal… But being so sickly… She was just worried about him. She just wanted this spell to work and go off without a hitch.

Once the spell was over and Barclay had collapsed into the grasp of the vampire, her memory grew a little fuzzy. She saw everything in little snapshots almost. First there was the feeling of someone blotting her nose. She didn’t understand why until her bright blue eyes cracked open to see Liam with a bloody hanky in his hand. Then the metallic scent of the blood hit her. She knew this had been a powerful spell, but she hadn’t expected this. She felt so weak that she didn’t have the strength to pull away from him so she just laid there. She just hoped he had the sense not to bite her. That’s all she hoped.

Next, she heard the sound of hurried footsteps. Sebastian? Where was he going? She tried to open her mouth to ask about him, but all that came out of a little cough. The door was flung opened and the blinds on it flailed wildly about. Was he feeling sick? She just wished she was strong enough to haul herself up and go after him. She just laid their tiredly in Liam’s arms until she heard the calmer tinkling of bell of her front door. She opened her eyes just enough to catch Sebastian coming through it.

After a couple of moment, Liam handed her over to Sebastian and the Vampire quickly traced away to quench his thirst. She hoped he would be alright. She hadn’t meant for him to become so frazzled with thirst. She made a mental note to check up on him later. She nuzzled up into Sebastian’s chest and closed her eyes. She felt safe in the demon’s grasp. It was ironic, but she honestly did. She peered up at him, her eyes opening more than she had before. She gave a weak smile and nodded as he thanked her. “You’re welcome.” She rasped before making an attempt to sit up, but she was too exhausted so she just sunk back down against him. She blushed softly as he leaned in and pressed a kiss to her cheek. “I truly don’t know…” She said softly as she gazed up at him. “How are you feeling? Better, right?” She asked and reached up to touch his forehead with the back of her hand. From what she could tell, his color was returning and his body temperature seemed to be regulating. She pressed her ear to his chest, listening to his heart as it beat nice and strong. Good.

She forced herself to sit up in his lap and hugged him around the neck. Her body was screaming in resistance, but she ignored it. “I’m so happy you’re alright. I was so worried about you…” She admitted. “I was so scared I would be able to help you, but you seem much better.” She said before her body forced her to curl up against him again.

Sara
PM
^
Sebastian Burnett
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 09:03 PM

Age // 694

Posts // 92

Rank // Lord

Nicknames // Seb

Species // Demon

Sara + Eastern + She/her

user posted image

Really, Sebastian was just glad Barclay could talk in sentences to him. There was no doubt that spell had been draining. He himself didn’t think he had the energy to even drive home. Calling a shadow gate to home would drain more energy that he wasn’t positive he had but he could practically hear his bed calling him. He could even hear Clay’s calling her. For now, he was resting on the floor with her until he got the strength to get up again. The sudden burst of adrenaline had come when he needed to expel whatever the bloody fuck came out of him. Whatever that was, it was gone and he was sure Miss Bishop had likely put barriers up to prevent spells like that invading her living space.

Smiling at her concern, Sebastian nodded as she checked his forehead. “I’m still going to be a little warm but I don’t feel like the surface of the sun anymore. Comfortably hot self again. I think you did the trick.” He paused a moment before continuing, figuring Barclay needed to know in case she needed to burn all kinds of sage tomorrow morning to get the bad vibes gone. “Whatever had been in me I coughed up in the alleyway. I didn’t want to let that out in here, possibly have it stick around or latch onto you. Magic is tricky like that, isn’t it?” Carefully, Seb brushed some of Clay’s fiery red hair out of her face when she looked at him after listening to his chest. “Sounds normal, I wager? I feel much better than when I first got here. Though I’m sure tomorrow is more the test of if it worked or not.”

Surprised that she turned to embrace him, Seb just smiled and hugged her back. “I never doubted you for a second. I knew you could come up with the solution. I’m happy to call you a friend, Clay. Thank you again.” His voice was low and when she curled up against him again, he sighed. “I’m in your debt now because of this. Not that I mind. I can’t imagine you wanting anything extreme.” He smiled at her, already adjusting so he could easily scoop her up. The time was now, Sebastian. Time to get her up to the safety of her home.

Carrying her bridal style, he carefully took her in the back of her shop and walked up the steps he knew went straight up to her apartment. Closing the door behind him, soon the cats were on him. As badly as he wanted to love on them and give them chin scratches and butt scratches that he tended to give them all when they were wandering around the shop below, he just asked Barclay where he room was and carefully stepped over them when she gave him direction.

Setting Clay down gently in her bed, he pulled the covers up over her, though he figured she might want to throw off some clothes before all that. He wouldn’t be sticking around for that, he just wanted to make sure she was safe before he went his own way. Petting Barclay’s head gently, “If anything is amiss, don’t hesitate to get ahold of me. I’m sure you’ll see me in a day or so. I may spend all tomorrow sleeping and eating.” Chuckling, he pressed one more kiss to Clay’s forehead. “I thank you again. You are so kind, Clay. I don’t know what I’d do without you. Don’t be a stranger.” Giving her a wink, Seb then tucked her in a little.

Making sure to keep her bedroom door cracked but shut the door down to the shop tightly, he went down into the main store and locked the front door up as he left. The demon opened his shadow gate in the alleyway, though no harm would come to her or her store if he’d done it in there he just didn’t want to. Enough had happened in there for the evening so it was best to let things settle. Walking through that dark passage, he was soon standing in his own living room, Liam laying on the couch with a couple drained blood bags next to him. Shaking his head, Sebastian announced that he was going to have a shower and get some rest. No doubt Liam was not going to move from the couch for the remainder of the night.

Phoenix
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates