This is the FAQ where we will place any information that we feel doesn’t need a new board, fits a topic elsewhere or it could be as simple as keeping important information about all species in one place. Any questions that frequently get asked will also be here. What happens to my character when they die?
Given the use of Heaven, Hell and Purgatory, it is natural to question where each soul goes when they die. The species have three outcomes depending on the species themselves.
Can be reaped (meaning the souls go to Heaven or Hell) -
All of these species can be reaped and sent to Purgatory to be judged on where to send them. It is possible for them to skip the trial completely and be sent to Heaven or Hell depending on a mortal agreement. A deal with a demon is one such one way to bypass this. Reapers will ultimately have the option to move on too but Death herself will do this and no reaper can move another reaper on.
Can not be reaped (meaning that when they die, they cease to exist anymore)
When these species die, they no longer exist. Considered immortal beings, each was designed to last forever however death is very permanent to them. There are no spells to give them souls or to save them. They are the final product of their design and are not designed to move on.
Become part of “The Magic” (the force that creates witches)
These species, although unknown to all species, move on to become part of the Earth’s energy and essentially become judges within “The Magic”, the life force that chooses and creates witches. The soul of these species are pure magic and with every death, the population of witches increases. Can supernaturals have tattoos?
Yes, most species are capable of having tattoos, however, the methods vary. These methods have been in use from the dawn of their species. The only species that can’t have tattoos (after turning) are vampires.
Species that use normal methods:
Species that use special, species specific ink:
Species that can choose to have tattoos as part of their human form:
Species that require a magical spell:
* - Merfolk require a witch to craft the designs with magical items and need to remain in human form for few days to allow the tattoo to set. How does alcohol affect my character?
Every species can drink your bog-standard human alcohol. If we have it, they can drink it. But the effects of the drink vary from species to species. In fact, some of the species need their very own magically-brewed alcohol to get drunk! Here’s what you need to know:
Species that can get drunk on human alcohol:
Species that can get drunk off magically altered alcohol:
- Angels* - The idea of using magic that has not come from Heaven is heavily frowned upon. Seeking to lose control is a sign that an angel may be about to fall.
* Angels and Demons can get drunk, but it takes a very long time to do so.
** Dragons require Valyrian-based magic drinks, though they can use witches from up top to cast the spells. Valyrian alcohol is poisonous to all other species, though elves can tolerate around three glasses of it before ill effects take hold.
Species that don’t use magically altered alcohol:
- Reapers - Whilst they can still enjoy the wonders of the world, going out of their way to lose control is bad for their productivity and is strictly prohibited.
- Vampires - Whilst they can drink it, it's like water to them and does nothing. Even magically altered alcohol doesn't affect them.