Welcome to Faces in TheNight

We are a supernatural RP set in the entire state of New York and other worldly realms. This is an adult site which explores adult topics and themes. This site is intended for mature audiences aged 18 and over.

Angels
00 M
00 F
Demons
01 M
01 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
04 F
Merpeople
00 M
02 F
Reapers
00 M
03 F
Shape Shifters
02 M
03 F
Vampires
02 M
01 F
Werewolves
03 M
04 F
Witches
02 M
03 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Morning Joe, Open Thread
Ambrosia Rigney
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 07:12 PM

New Account

Age // 546

Posts // 4

Rank // Dul’ra First Class

Nicknames // Jay

Species // Dragon

Status // Single + Demisexual

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.

Nypromi + EST + She / Her / Pickles

user posted image

It was an early morning as usual for her. Sleeping in had felt like something harder to do lately. Her dreams had been unsettling and cursing her with sleepless nights. She has found herself out in the city streets at early hours in order to least be doing something. At this hour her choices were quite limited as to what she could do. Wander the streets, go to a gym, grab some coffee or start work early. Wandering was great if she was still a whelp. The gym? The thought made her roll her eyes. Human equipment did nothing to keep her fit. She had her own way of doing that. Coffee? It was a viable thought. Work? To early.

A long sigh escaped her lips as she narrowed her eyes to stare into the light morning fog in front of her. "Coffee..." It had been her only choice at this moment. Maybe she needed a pet of sorts. Something to do. Something to give her more chores so she was busy.

The feeling of the morning fresh air against her face was comforting, though there was a small part of her that wished she could be moving through it not as a human but as her true form. The cool air against her warm scaled body made her human skin shiver as the mental image was pleasing to her. She smirked at herself just as she reached the shop's door and pulled it open. Taking a few moments to glance the place in order to take in the sight and smell of those inside before completely entering the shop and being immersed in the smell of coffee.

Waiting in line was always the worst, but there wasn't much of one. Seemed only like two in front of her waiting as well. She checked her wristwatch and sighed.

Hello!

This is open to anyone, not exactly my best but felt I left it a bit small for now to leave room open for anyone to join.
PM
^
Viktor Kis
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 09:19 PM

Age // 765

Posts // 17

Rank // Dul'ra First Class

Nicknames // Vik

Species // Dragon

Status // Single + Straight

Dark + GMT (England) + He/Him

The plan was the same as ever; plot out a district to look into for the day and then look into likely hiding places. Viktor honestly felt busier when he didn’t have a job. At least when he had the job, he knew where to look and catching them was pretty easy. A dragon was pretty impossible to get away from. Just scouting the areas seemed to take far more time and effort, but time was money if he didn’t.

He had yet to find himself a car, however, he was perfectly happy learning the public transport routes for the time being. Rifle slung over his shoulder, he sat near the front of the bus, looking out the window as they neared him stop. Nearby, he could feel the stare of two passengers in particular. One was an older lady, clearly judging him for his weapon and the other was a small boy, who was fascinated by the suited gunman.

Giving the boy a smile as he got up to get off the bus, he thanked the driver and set off down the street. He wasn’t overly keen on coffee, but it had been a good place to pass through in the past. As news travelled with people, it would get picked up by staff at coffee houses. Staff who would give him the latest gossip on supernatural activities topside for a small fee. That and a cuppa.

Stepping into the coffee house, he politely waved with a single motion at the staff as he closed the door behind him. As he went to join the queue in front, he spotted a familiar red head there. It took him a moment, but he eventually realised that she was another dragon and if he recalled correctly, she was the same rank as him as well. Tapping her on the shoulder, he politely asked ”It’s Ambrosia, isn’t it?”

Nypromi
PM
^
Ambrosia Rigney
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 09:39 PM

New Account

Age // 546

Posts // 4

Nicknames // Jay

Species // Dragon

Tick tock struck the clock...

She didn't need to see the clock on the wall for her ears to easily pick up the sound of the small hand spinning about and its gears turning to move the big hand. Normally she was quite a patient person. She could wait out the best of them when it meant it was going to give her the best opening for her strike of the win. This was either in war or in business. It had been a skill she was glad she was able to extend out into the human world. Learning that business was just as cutthroat as anything here.

Rolling her foot a bit and onto its heel, she didn't feel that skill working here to well because patience seemed to be void. It was probably due to the lack of sleep she had in her system. She felt it on her nerves. They were jumbled, tense and putting unwanted pressure on her shoulder blades. What she wouldn't give to spread her wings right now and let out that pressure in a hurtling ball of fire. She couldn't help the slight arch of her own brow as that image passed by her mind all the while people were running and screaming from the shop.

She let out a huff and raised a hand to pinch the bridge of her nose. She was either going insane, sexually frustrated or just sleep deprived. Even worse, she could be all three but she wouldn't admit any of it to anyone. She looked up intent to check out what was taking the clerk so long with filling orders when her ears buzzed with the sound of a slightly familiar voice. Turning her head with a slight snap green eyes settled on a well-known figure behind her. Viktor Kis was a name and a man you didn't move an inch without knowing. His skills and talents were highly respected and that was no different from her. He shared her rank, but she didn't share his level of honor and gratitude gained with life experience. That came with age and he was older than her.

She turned to fully face him and bow her head to him as a show of respect. "Viktor, I wasn't expecting to ever get the chance to personally meet you in a small coffee shop." The light smirk toyed with the ends of her mouth. She shouldn't find this amusing, but she did. He stood out like a sore thumb but this was Viktor after all. She looked him over a bit, it was more for the purpose to see what he was carrying then checking him out, but what its viewed on the outside she had no control over. "Working?" She asked curiously, unable to hide the slight glint in her eyes on that idea. When was it last she fought or hunted?

PM
^
Viktor Kis
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 08:17 PM

Age // 765

Posts // 17

Nicknames // Vik

Species // Dragon

It would appear that he had been correct in his presumption as to who the lady before him was. Returning the bow with a polite nod, aware that a few people were glancing over at the encounter with a new found curiosity as to who the pair were. Even the most old-school human societies didn’t follow true honour system, although a good chunk of the modern Asian countries still had a concept of it.

”That’s what my last bounty said” he joked back, matching her little joke. Her show of respect had immediately put her in his good books, so he was curious to learn more about his fellow dragon. Replying her question, he simply said ”Kind of. Not on an active hunt right now, just prepping for another day of scouting the city. I’ve been learning the local districts.”

If only the people around them knew the power and combined age of the two beings making small talk in the coffee line, they would likely hurry up and leave. Humans fascinated Viktor. They were obsessed with his kind and always in awe of their true form, but if they met a dragon in person? Sheer terror. Dragons were the good guys yet they were seen as scary monsters that would eat the little humans.

”So what brings you to this part of the city? I wasn’t aware of any other missions up here.” His question was valid. It wasn’t often that two dragons of the same rank, especially ones that commanded over dragons, would not only be topside but in the same part of the world. If anything, this deserved a much better drink than some small coffee house homebrew.

Nypromi
PM
^
Ambrosia Rigney
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 03:34 AM

New Account

Age // 546

Posts // 4

Nicknames // Jay

Species // Dragon

She felt the hairs on the edge of her ear's tickle as the hiss of the pressure being released from the expresso machine sounds just before the sound of hot black liquid chimes with a click as it hits the bottom of the cup it fills. It is just seconds after the sound that the smell hits her nose and reminds her what she was here for. It's a treasure that tantalizes the tongue. Some enjoy it and others don't, but she liked it. She had a unique way of drinking it that others may not appreciate the flavor, but it suited her personality just fine.

As he made the small joke, she couldn't the visible smirk on her lips. Not many would assume that Viktor had a sense of humor or that he was capable of cracking a joke or two but like her everyone had a side which was not beast and he was no exception. " can only imagine the expression of surprise when they spoke such words." She amused in thought, and really she was trying to imagine it but all she got was strange mental images of shocking meme faces. She raised a hand and pressed the back of her wrist to her lips to try and hide the chuckle. Seriously, she needed to stay off the internet past midnight, because the internet got very dangerous.

"I commend you on that, New York though not the largest of states it is the densest and confusing to be in." She then raised a short brow. "Have you not been in this area for long?" She was curious.

Other missions. Ah, she didn't get missions anymore. She didn't go hunts and she wasn't sent to do any more dirty work. The reminder made her frown, it was her own fault. Her own insecurities are what put her where she was. Could she go back? She wasn't sure if she could or if she even wanted too. Her duty right now was providing the finances they needed in order to continue thriving. The line moved and she back stepped in order to follow along with it but never turn away from him. "No missions, my duties and responsibilities lack the luster of your own." She was still frowning. There was that little ping and she knew what it was. Jealousy, it was a nasty tick.

She smiled now, shoving that tick under a mental hammer and smashing it to bits. "I live near. With a restless night, I found my way wondering before heading to my place of business and stopped for a coffee." She leaned her head to the side and she smiled curled a bit into something teasing. "What about you? Stopping for an expresso?" She raised a questioning brow and lightly raised her hand to wiggle her pinky a bit. With how rugged Viktor appeared at the moment, the thought of seeing someone his size sitting huddled in a corner holding a tiny little cup between his thumb and forefinger with his pinkie out as he sipped the coffee, amused her. Would he find the humor in her small tease? Well, she was about to find out wether.

PM
^
Viktor Kis
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 09:31 PM

Age // 765

Posts // 17

Nicknames // Vik

Species // Dragon

Viktor found their conversation taking a wild variety of reactions from his speaking companion, most of which he felt he was automatically noting down in his mind. He didn’t intend to do so, it was merely a force of habit by this time in his life. When you got to his age, you made a note of every little thing. That way, when you need to remember the moment, there are far more factors to recall.

”I find myself travelling around this world in my line of work, yet for some reason, a vast majority end up here. I don’t know why, however, it wasn’t hard to convince high command to allow me to simply just move here. Let the lower ranks herd them my way. I suspect many would call it a privilege of the rank to ask for this. Is that how you came to be here?”

He could not honestly say he knew everything there was to know about his like-ranked companion. ”If I may inquire, what are your duties in the city? Perhaps we can combine our tasks so we don’t have to work alone. A working partner would certainly favour my duties.” If she had been here for some time, her knowledge could be useful in days to come.

Noting the area that they lived in, he found himself taking a moment to reply. Had they not given her similar funds to work with? Though thinking about it, he had invested a lot of money in topside ventures from the early days, so by now, he could afford the “good stuff”. ”Just a normal coffee for me. I like to venture into places most people go and see if there is any gossip to be had. Gossip can be useful in a hunt.”

Nypromi
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates