Welcome to Faces in TheNight

Welcome to New York, home of the city that never sleeps. That couldn’t be more true. Angels and Demons play tug-o-war with souls while Reapers look to claim them and take them to their rightful destination. Humans fight to be heard while Witches fear to be seen. Shape shifters are the outcasts of this world, but refuse to be put down. Werewolves claw to be at the top of the food chain, but Vampires are always plotting and scheming to be superior. Just like the land, the waters are also teeming with life as the Merpeople have their own network of life and enemies to defend against. Valyrian is a bustling realm of Elves and Dragons that fight their own war.

Welcome to a world where nightmares come to life. The day time isn't all that safe either. Who do you align with? Where do you stand in this crazy life? Or will you be just another face in the night?

Thread of the Month
Pair of the Month
Female of the Month
Male of the Month
Angels
00 M
00 F
Demons
01 M
02 F
Dragons
02 M
01 F
Elves
00 M
00 F
Humans
03 M
04 F
Merpeople
00 M
01 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
02 M
04 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
03 M
03 F
Witches
04 M
04 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Telephone, tag Vivienne | March | 12:45 am
Eli Talon
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 02:03 AM

New Account

Age // 302

Posts // 9

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Hawk

Species // Vampire

Status // Single + greysexual

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

When you're a performer, it is of the utmost importance to be able to handle any situation with grace. To pick oneself up from any pitfalls you may fall into. To have the poise to continue on from any situation. These are all things that nearly slipped from Eli's grasp as he was on the air that night. It had been a usual Thursday night, he'd gone through a playlist he'd made the previous night and did his usual call-in session. It was heading up to be a normal night...till one of the call-ins DEFINITELY sounded odd. Not as in they spoke weird or even that they said anything strange at all. At first, he wasn't even sure who it was...then he heard her laugh.

Vi had called in.

When he was on air, he was almost on autopilot, even more so than one might find in person. He knew his queues and had plans for the entire session. All of that crashed into a wall when Vivienne made herself known. She'd apparently heard his voice on the radio, flipping through channels and made the call. He hadn't heard from her in a few years. It was easier for them to fall out of touch since she left the clan. Eli felt like he changed his phone number as often as he changed his underwear, so he didn't even know if she'd attempted to reach him and felt even worse for not reaching out to such an old friend. Her voice didn't seem to care.

The vamp stumbled on his words, losing the smooth cadence his audience had come to know. Hell, for a second, he went completely silent, floored at the light Russian accent in his headset. After a few verbal prods from Vi, toying with him, he quickly went to commercial and actually picked up the phone. Immediately he offered up plans for a few drinks to catch up. He'd been so busy with getting the radio show off the ground, he hadn't kept in touch. This was how he got with every new project. A man consumed with fulfilling his projects. He had to make it up to her.

Hence why he now stood outside the Gramophone Bar, working on his third cigarette in the last half hour. She'd be there any moment to judge him, having returned to old bad habits. It'd be great to see here though. To be honest, Eli was just glad that she hadn't decided to go back to Russia. What had she even been up to?

It was wet out, too. He was getting drenched because his nerves were on edge. No umbrella, just sport coat and skinnies slowly getting drenched. Having not expected an impromptu meeting with her, he had the loudest, flashiest concert tee underneath the drab jacket. A raving tiger bursting from the shirt with a hero riding his back, rescuing a damsel from a wizard--it was wild. She probably wouldn't let him live that down either.

Phoenix
PM
^
Vivienne Ivashkov
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 01:44 AM

Age // 301

Posts // 25

Rank // Princess

Nicknames // Vivi/Viv

Species // Vampire

Status // Forever Alone + Heterosexual

I'm trying to hold my breath Let it stay this way Can't let this moment end You set off a dream with me Getting louder now Can you hear it echoing? Take my hand Will you share this with me? 'Cause darling without you All the shine of a thousand spotlights All the stars we steal from the nightsky Will never be enough Never be enough Towers of gold are still too little These hands could hold the world but it'll Never be enough Never be enough

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

If there was one word that could describe Vivienne these days, it was lonely. She had a brother who liked to ignore her and a father who selectively showered her with love when it fit his busy schedule. Especially with her most recent run in with her brother, she had a feeling she wouldn’t be seeing him for a long while. He thought she was still this spoiled rotten princess. She got what she wanted when wanted. This was true, but was she really happy? That would probably be a firm no. Rurik was just clueless… Or she put on a good enough mask to hide all the things she felt. Oh well. What was done was done and there was no way to go back and change it. If she didn’t see him for a long while, she would be just fine. She didn’t need him popping and telling her more about how she was a terrible person. She had told him her piece that night.

She had been on a date recently, but well, that was one of those ‘call for a good time’ type deals. She probably wouldn’t see him again which was fine. She had a good time and that’s all that mattered. Otherwise, she didn’t have much going for her right now. She was all alone most of the time. Nobody to really bother or talk to. So when she heard Eli’s voice on the radio… Well… She couldn’t help just light up like a Christmas tree. She had been driving somewhere she had never been before when she heard the familiar voice and the faint Spanish accent come over the radio. She quickly pulled over and listened. Eli… It had been so long since she’d heard his voice… She just closed her eyes and listened to him as he spoke. She had known exactly who he was right away. There was no way she could forget the man’s voice.

She listened to him speak for Lucifer knows how long before she quickly dove for her phone in her purse. He recited the station’s phone number in a jingle type of way before saying that he was taking calls for the next little while. She fumbled with the numbers for a minute for dialing, hoping she got the right number right. She almost couldn’t sit still as she was told she would be on hold until they got to her call. It took them a little bit then she finally heard his speak on the other end of the phone and she lowered her radio. She had all that time to think of something to say, but apparently the language area in her brain had melted in that time. So she quickly picked herself up and came up with something. “Hey there handsome…” She purred into the phone once she gathered herself. She leaned back into her seat and waited for some sort of response. He knew… “Long time, no see, huh?” She prompted him.

After another moment of silence, he quickly cut to commercial before really picking up the phone to talk to her. She could tell he was losing his cool. She hadn’t realized how much she would throw him off, but it amused her. So the always so common, cool, and collected vampire had been thrown off his game? Good. He deserved it for basically abandoning her for so long. Maybe it was her fault after leaving the clan… But that shouldn’t have changed anything, right? They still could have been friends after that… She had tried to call him for a while, but she would always get the same answer ”The number you are looking for has been disconnected…” She didn’t understand what had happened. Why would he change his number like that, but not call or text her? It had all been very confusing to her. She still loved him very much. He was her best friend… Her only friend really.

So they made plans to meet at a bar close by. After ending the brief phone call, she turned her car around and headed back home. She had a little while before he got off work so she freshened up and changed into something more appropriate for the meeting and setting. She didn’t frequent bars all that often, but she kept it simple with a with a long sleeved maroon top and a pair of dark wash skinny jeans that had a strip of leather running down the side of each leg. To finish the look, she donned a simple pair of Louis Vuitton heels. When it was time, she grabbed an umbrella and a black trench coat that flared out a bit at the waist and traced to a location just down the street from the bar. She opened the umbrella and strutted in the direction of the bar.

She saw him waiting outside with a cigarette in his fingers. He looked at if he hadn’t actually been there. Mentally, he was somewhere else. He was as handsome as ever though. Her heart would flutter if it still beat. She had to keep herself from running up to him. Instead she just confidently clicked along on the sidewalk and right up to him, holding the umbrella over him. “Eli…” She said softly, wrapping her free arm around him and hugging him closely. She drank in the musky scent that still clung to him after all this time. He always smelled so good. He wondered if he knew how good he smelled. Other woman had probably told him so… Oh how she envied them. “I’ve missed you…” She said, pulling back from him and just gazing up with bright red eyes. She was just fixated on him for the moment. She’d poke and prod him for his apparel and choice old habits soon enough. She just missed him.

Calix
PM
^
Eli Talon
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 03:12 AM

New Account

Age // 302

Posts // 9

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Hawk

Species // Vampire

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

He was far far away from that curb where he smoked, deep in his mental office (as he called it), pacing up a storm. Eli was known for his ability to roll with the punches and not have things sneak up on his so easily. Did he come up with some stupid reason for evaporating a few years back? Did he actually just tell her he got pulled into his little project? Would that even be an acceptable excuse? Any other old acquaintance and he'd have simply shrugged and pointed out how quick time flys. Not her tho. She deserved more than a brush off.

Just as he'd started to devise some kind of monologue for why he'd been such a shit friend, he heard someone call his name. No, she called his name. The rain had stopped? No, but his cigarette had certainly grown stale, burning into the roach as he lost track of time. His brows shot up as he realized the woman had not only snuck up on him, but invaded his space with a sweet hug and an even sweeter line, 'I missed you...' The vampire's plans immediately aborted and he was left in shock with the lithe woman pressed again him. Flicking the nub of a cig into a forming puddle on the street, he slung an arm over her shoulders, returning the hug and kissing her light on the crown of brown locks. The hug wasn't as full on as he'd have liked, but he kept reserved. Eli was just glad to see her face to face after her voice had sent him on such journey.

"Vivienne..."

Looking down at her, they shared a gaze like they had so many times before. Her expression always seemed like one of admiration (of what, he was unsure) and his, that of a sloppy-mouthed fool with his half-cocked grin. No matter how many times he'd told her she was better off not knowing him, she always found her way back and he always greeted her like he'd never dream of saying such things.

"You're early. I was hoping to go full drowned rat before you got here. Just shy of squeaky shoes, but I guess it'll have to do," said with a wink as Eli finally broke the prolonged silence. He could have simply started with how much he missed her. Ask her how she'd been. Grown a backbone and gave a real hug. Though none of that was Eli's style. He wasn't himself unless he was flapping his gums and cracking wise. Boy did he miss those eyes though; the woman was as honest as she was brave when it came to that side of her. She could have worn a sack of eggplants and he wouldn't have noticed in that moment, however, more excited to see her face after so long. He was such an idiot.

"You haven't changed a bit, still making time for charity cases like me." Eli added, smile brightening as he draped an arm around her shoulders and started to usher her towards the building. "Sorry for the shady spot, but this place has got some of best bags outside of a hospital. Drinks on me by the way, princess. Least I can do with you poppin' in to see me."

At no point did he say the words...but his arm held her close even after they got inside. The inside past the ID check was smooth listening and far less crowded than most bars that time of night. Exactly what he'd hoped for if only to be able to hear the femme vamp as they caught up.

Phoenix
PM
^
Vivienne Ivashkov
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 07:29 PM

Age // 301

Posts // 25

Rank // Princess

Nicknames // Vivi/Viv

Species // Vampire

I'm trying to hold my breath Let it stay this way Can't let this moment end You set off a dream with me Getting louder now Can you hear it echoing? Take my hand Will you share this with me? 'Cause darling without you All the shine of a thousand spotlights All the stars we steal from the nightsky Will never be enough Never be enough Towers of gold are still too little These hands could hold the world but it'll Never be enough Never be enough

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Vivienne is fairly observant. She noticed most things, but not all. She definitely noticed the expression on his face as he stood there on the sidewalk. He was even noticing the rain as it pelted him from above. His clothing was nearly soaked through and his hair was beginning to drip. How long had he been standing there? He could have told her to meet him earlier. She wouldn’t have minded. Anything for him. But there he was, standing in the rain with that cigarette in his fingers. She knew he wouldn’t suffer from the effects of the cigarette, but it was a nasty habit and she hated the smell. She used to just pluck the nasty thing from his fingers and put it out with the toe of her shoe nonchalantly. He would grumble, but she ignored the commentary and just moved on.

He seemed to barely notice her until she made physical contact with him. He was that lost in thought. She knew when Eli was silent that he was usually devising some sort of plan. That was when you ought to be worried about him. When he was talking up a storm he was there and present with you. If he was silent… well… Only Lucifer knew what he was thinking. It bothered her to no end when he got all in his head. She wasn’t sure if she should be curious or worried with how lost in thought he was. She was just happy to nuzzle up against him and be with him again. Man did she miss him…

She smiled as he pressed a kiss to the top of her forehead. She just wanted to not let go for a few more minutes, but she pulled away, her gaze bright and cheery. He still donned those brown contacts, huh? She could easy see right through them. The red was hard to miss for the immortal eye, but perhaps humans missed it. She just knew she hated contacts. They itched and hurt and she just couldn’t stand it. She tossed them out the same day, cursing the people who created the damned things. If someone couldn’t love her for who she was then they definitely couldn’t love her for who she once was. That’s just how she looked at it. Plus nothing could ever match the beautiful blue-grey her eyes once were. No pair of contacts could ever compare to the beautiful color her eyes once were.

She generally ignored his small attempts to convince her that he wasn’t worth her time. She didn’t believe it. He was worth every bit of her time. Maybe the past couple of years was for her to get the hint. Maybe he really did want to be left alone… Maybe she had just been so deaf, dumb, and blind this entire time. Maybe she had been stupid to call him up this evening. She didn’t let the worry get to her though. She just kept smiling because here she was with him and even if he did tell her this very night that he didn’t want to see her again then it would be worth it. Or so she thought.

She laughed as he mentioned he was just waiting until he reached drowned rat status. She just shook her head. “And you would have stood out here in the rain waiting for me if I was late? How sweet!” She said with a smile, blushing just a bit as he winked at her. Nothing seemed to have changed. He was still cracking his jokes and she would always giggle at them. It’s just how it was always be. She could listen to him all day long though. There was always something for him to say and she would be right there to listen to him when everybody was sick of his voice. She wouldn’t roll her eyes or lose interest. She would just listen and respond when appropriate. They could just sit for hours… and she missed it. She missed it all. What happened…

“Oh stop it. You’re not charity case. If anybody’s a charity case, it’s me.” She said and gave his side a playful nudge as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and guided her inside the bar. She gently nuzzled inside his side a bit and smiled up at him. She glanced out from under the edge of the umbrella to looked at the bar. She’d never even heard of the place, but she didn’t care. Any place was fine as long as she could sit and catch up with her friend. “I’m sure it’s a good place if you come here. I know you wouldn’t go to some random place if it was horrible.” He had called her princess. He was probably the only person she knew who called her princess without meaning it in a demeaning manner. It was always said with care because she knew he cared. Or maybe he once did.

She closed her umbrella as they entered the quiet bar. Music played softly in the background as people whispered and talked among themselves. It was actually quite lovely. It was the perfect setting for their little meeting. She quietly flashed her ID to the bouncer before heading over to the bar with him. She perched on a stool and sat her umbrella on the floor by her feet. She untied her trench coat and shrugged it off her shoulders, allowing it to drape over the back of her chair. She pushed her hair behind her ear and peered over him. She wanted to get into the meat of why they were here, but she wasn’t sure how to start the conversation so she started with something a simple. “How have you been Eli? I want to know everything.” She said and leaned on the bar with her face in her hand, her red gaze sparkling as she drank him in under the dim lighting. Knowing how much he could talk, she settled in for a long conversation.

Calix
PM
^
Eli Talon
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 02:02 AM

New Account

Age // 302

Posts // 9

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Hawk

Species // Vampire

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

She was always a sweetheart, even when he was making a fool of himself. He could have waited all night if he knew she was coming. Especially given the time since they last saw each other. He was pretty sure it was at some party that he hadn’t expected to see her. It was starting to make him think that he didn’t know what she was into these days. Gurl got up to god knows what, but he supposed the same could be said about him, so he could roll with it.

“Charity case. It’s the only way I can explain such a bleeding heart sharing space with me is all. Your sweetness is wasted,” he said with a chuckle. No other explanation would do.

He barely gave the woman enough air to turn around before he was delving into how great this place was. Didn’t even bother to stop for the ID guy. Out of his momentary funk, he was acting as if nothing had happened. Classic Eli, quickly moving on from his minor trip ups. He went on to rattle on about how the place had a great sound and how they were known for their sandwiches and how they got some great amateur talent and how nice the bathrooms were. Though that all stopped when he paused to order a drink.

And it was always like the princess to get to the point.

His mouth half opened, having been about to go on to another point, he smiled, clearing his throat. “Two double reds please,” he said to the tender. Leaning against the bar. He didn’t sit down cause he could feel a jitter in his legs. It was the excitement of seeing an old friend, making it so he could barely stay still. Kept the conversation cozy, too. Rapping his fingers on the bar, he looked over at her again.

“I bet telling you I time traveled here wouldn’t get me out of this one, huh?” he mused, his sloppy smile back. He couldn’t just say he was up to nothing, No, he’d been quite busy….but none of it excused dropping off the face of the planet. “You know me, I get bored if I can’t cause mischief. I’ve been handing the usual with the clan, same shit, different day, but the casino biz ain’t doing much new, so I got an itch to do something new. Been working on numero uno and shooting the wind. Time just gets away from ya, yea?—Thanks Chip!” The vamp says, a break in his hyper chat to nod to the tender as their deep red drinks arrived. "—I kinda missed the spotlight a little so I pulled some strings and got to lend my voice to some things. Got my own show now, when little misses aren’t tossing their handkerchiefs in. You threw me for a loop you know. If I was any lesser of a guy I might have passed out on the line. You gave my listeners something prod at for a bit. Every question afterward wanted to know about the sultry voice that broke me.”

Taking a sip of the liquid, the blood definitely soothed him a bit. Didn’t quite stop his talking though. “I kinda missed performing, princess, wanted to make a connection to my old days…Hosted a few parties, tended some events, etc etc...” He vaguely added, but dropped off as he always had. Eli’s gypsy days had always been a bit of a black hole of information, having only expressed being an “entertainer” at best and chatted about a few family members.

Motioning towards her glass and impressively deflecting conversation away from himself, “See? Didn’t I tell you it was good? Almost tastes fresh from the pipe—you know how picky I am.”

Ball was in her court now…

Phoenix
PM
^
Vivienne Ivashkov
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 02:14 AM

Age // 301

Posts // 25

Rank // Princess

Nicknames // Vivi/Viv

Species // Vampire

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

There he went again, trying to convince her that her wasn’t worth her time. She didn’t think that. He was very much so worth her time. When Vivienne found a person willing to give her attention and listen to her, she generally clung to them. She did it with her father when she had just been a little girl. Why she didn’t cling to her brother when he so obviously wanted to give her attention, she didn’t know. Now she was suffering for the mistakes she made as a mere child. Did she think it was fair? No. Not really, but there didn’t seem to be any convincing her brother otherwise. She didn’t know how to fix that mistake now either. He didn’t seem to want any part of her. She didn’t want that to be it though. That couldn’t be it. She refused to believe it.

Just like she refused to believe Eli had purposely wanted to abandon her. Abandonment seemed to be a theme in her life these days. She hoped to whoever was out there listening to her that he hadn’t left her behind on purpose. She just looked up at him as he responded to her, telling her that her sweetness was wasted on him. He seemed to not know how much he meant to her. She held him in such high regard and he didn’t even see it. It frustrated her beyond belief, but she just gazed up at him and allowed him to transition about how great this little bar was. She was lucky she could get words into their conversations sometimes. She would tease him about liking the sound of his voice, but he would just chuckle. She didn’t mind the sound of his voice though. It was rather soothing at the right moments.

She gave a half smile to the bartender as he crossed the bar to them and asked for their order. She let Eli put in the order since he knew this place better than her. She was fine with whatever. She watched as he stood there instead of taking a seat in the stool beside her. She could tell he was nearly vibrating with excitement. She hadn’t asked the exact question she wanted to shoot at him, but it was good enough for now. It was enough to get them start in the very least. Maybe she wouldn’t have to get too direct if she asked the easy questions first.

She laughed when he asked if time travel would be a good enough answer for her. “Nope. Sorry Eli. Try again.” She teased with a smile. He had one of those sloppy smiles on his face. She had always thought he was the cutest when he had one of those on his lips. Woman were stupid if they didn’t think he was great guy. Although, she truly couldn’t remember a time where he had looked for more than just a flirt with, well, anybody.

She listened quietly as he began to speak. She wasn’t sure what he meant by the fact that he got bored when he couldn’t cause mischief. Was he trying to say he had gotten bored with her? She had all these worries… Was she was she digging too deep? Perhaps. She took a calming breath and just listened as he began to ramble about the things he had been doing. She nodded to the bartender as he served them the pair of glasses. She picked up hers and swirled it around a bit as one would do with a glass of wine. She brought it to her nose and inhaled the sweet scent she had grown accustomed to. To some this would seem rather horrific, but for a vampire this a normal almost everyday thing. She brought the glass to her red paint lips and took a sip as she listened, trying not to jump to too many conclusions. ”Hear him out Viv… Just listen…” She continued to remind herself.

Oh, she had known she had thrown him off after their short phone call. She had listened to him on her way home. All the questions had been about her. He couldn’t seem to pull himself back together behind that façade he put on for his show. At least she knew there was something behind that mask. “Good. Maybe they’ll continue to prod you after tonight. Maybe you won’t forget about me again.” She said with just a light jab. Just a little one.

She had missed performing too. She missed it dearly. Since her fight with Rurik, she had started to look into dancing again. She needed a proper place first. She thought she had found one, but it was an older studio and needed some love. She had offered money to fix up the place and in return she could come in and dance on her own after hours. She was kind of excited. She hadn’t stepped into a studio in quite a number of years, but it was like riding a bike, right? Of course. Her training was ingrained in her head. She could break out into dance now and it would flawless. She just needed to prove that to herself first.

She didn’t know a whole bunch about Eli’s past. She was an open book. He knew most of what there was to know about her past. It had been Coven news. She was lucky it hadn’t been published in newspapers. He hadn’t shared much with her which was fine. His past wasn’t a concern for her anyways. He was a good man. Or at least she thought he was. She took another sip of her drink and nodded when he tried to change the conversation again. “It’s not bad. I like it.” She said and sat the glass down as she began to contemplate her next words.

She was quiet for a moment as she thought, her light red gaze pensive. He had been busy, but what was she supposed to make of that? Too busy to call her? Too busy would let her know he had changed his phone number? It all just stung to think about, her heart ached. She needed answers. She nipped at her plump lower lip with a fang as she peered up at him from under her thick lashes. “Did you get too busy for me Eli?” She asked softly, her stare growing sad. “Did you forget about me?”

Calix
PM
^
Eli Talon
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 10:23 PM

New Account

Age // 302

Posts // 9

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Hawk

Species // Vampire

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

There was a certain emptiness that came with being alive as long as they had been. What was he around for? How did he explain his sudden existential crises? Did it even really matter? He’d had a flood of ideas over the last few years and decided that he wanted to do something with them and suddenly things were coming alive and he didn’t feel like a waste of space anymore. Like he should have just bled out so many decades ago.

Nah, he couldn’t tell her that. Any ole reason wouldn’t do…even if that was the truest reason.

No matter what big game that Eli could bring to the table, Vivi could see right through it. Make him rewind and rethink what he said. Hence why lying was truly difficult with her. Not that…he really needed to lie. She wasn’t out to get him, just and old friend that wanted to catch up…right? Heh, he supposed even now he had issue with people actually having something on him. Knowing what his train of thought actually was vs the narrative he told through his well planned actions. Or when that narrative crashes because someone from his past and now present wants to jump onto his shoulder unexpectedly. He deserved that. He deserved that tenfold.

Sliding a careful hand through his scalp, he pushed the dangling wet locs from his face. Would he be sweating if he wasn’t so soaked already? He couldn’t begin to wonder that as he rattled on about the amazing artificial blood they were drinking—which he was a frequent user of, against popular opinion. He felt like the conversation was going his way, as per usual, but lost steam as he really looked at his dear friend’s face. Her brave face damped with concern over his wordy explanation. The exposition that didn’t include her.

Did you get too busy for me Eli?

Did you forget about me?

His heart had be yanked from his body and dragged through a desert centuries ago. There was a hole there, taken over by spiders and maggots and any other number of weird things he was sure. But surely there was no heart still there. Then why did he feel like he was suffocating all of the sudden? That there was a pain in his chest…somewhere over what she was suggesting?

“…I did. I got busy.” He said quietly, just barely over the music playing in the background. A pained look in his eyes he had to force himself to actually look her in the eye for that one. “But I didn’t forget about you.” The rocket pace of his speech slowed to normal tones, the old vampire realized it wasn’t the time for his usual fast talking. “No…I wasn’t present, but that didn’t mean I forgot about you I just…got caught up in things. I was being an idiot and up my own ass, but don’t think for a moment I actually forgot, princess.”

Leaning forward a bit, Eli leveled their gaze, a hand gently reaching out to touch her arm, rubbing his thumb across it soothingly. “You’re one of my oldest friends. My head may have gotten away with shit, but you’re still up there. And I missed ya.” He looked down, drawing a vague circle atop his heart. “And you’re in this thing…somewhere. It doesn’t do much now, but it’s still useful for remembering stuff I think.” Chuckling, Eli looked up at her again. “It sucked not having anyone in my corner for a while. I shouldn’t have done that, but I learned the hard way. I could tell you all the other imbecilic decisions I made back then too, but I don’t really care about that. I’m sorry I let things get away from me like that...I need to make it up to you and we have catching up to do.

“That’s if you forgive me..?”
his voice still soft, if not unsure. This guy always knew how things were gonna turn out, but if Vivian wanted to toss her drink on him and add to his soiled appearance, he wouldn’t stop her. Kind of a shitty thing to change his number and not even attempt to send anything her way. Worse yet, he probably could have found out where she was at any moment of any day between then and now.

“If you still want to hang out with this sack of bones, I have the next week off. You wanna go to a show? I got it. You wanna just sit around and talk? Same deal. The least I can do, Vi—“

Eli froze in place, bristling, as a slender hand made itself known, sliding up under the hem of his shirt. The way the slim figure tried to wrap around him, he didn’t have to guess who this was. The well dressed, dark haired woman beside him was only trying to claim what she thought she’d earned and seemed to think she owned every man that walked in this place. Didn’t help she was the owner.

“Oh darling, I wish he talked to me like that. I can’t get him to offer me a second, let alone a whole week. And the things I’d do to him in a week…” Eli didn’t look, but could hear her lick her lips.

Phoenix
PM
^
Vivienne Ivashkov
 Posted: May 7 2018, 09:02 PM

Age // 301

Posts // 25

Rank // Princess

Nicknames // Vivi/Viv

Species // Vampire

Phoenix + EST + She/Her

Vivienne had begun to realize recently that the longer she lived the more time she had just to think and debate. Her head was the worst place she could be. It was where her demons came out to play and internally tortured her. You wouldn’t be able to tell from the outside, but on the inside, she was a tortured soul. She convinced herself that she was worthless and hopeless. That this life wasn’t worth continuing to explore and live. She hated herself for being this monster who had hurt people in the past and yet, she remembered none of their faces beside when she went to sleep. The most recent run in with Rurik had ruined her. And although she had been on the most amazing date ever recently, she still felt so alone. Her demons had been scared away for a little while, but they came back. They always came back. The voice of her brother tended to echo in the depths of her mind as well. Telling her how much he hated her and encouraging her to let the sunlight kiss her skin.

Right now though… With her soft red gaze set on Eli… Everything was alright. The demons had been lulled to a soft and manageable hush. Things were alright and he was her focus. She knew she missed him for more than one reason. A joke of course, but she truly had felt so lonely. Her own company was the worst company. Watching him now though, she had not a clue what was about to come out of his mouth. He was usually so good with his words, but she seemed to have rendered him speechless. That was rare for him. He always has something on the tip of his tongue to say. He could fling come backs at someone like one would throw darts at the wall. Talking was like breathing and yet, he was silent.

He looked at if all the life had been sucked from his body. It took him a couple of minutes for her answered with words of honesty. His speech had slowed and those brown eyes with the red peeking through seemed to be filled with emotion. He wasn’t putting on a show or being a host, he was being true. She did and didn’t want to know the truth. She knew the truth would feel like a light of a million suns on her skin, but it was the only thing she wanted to hear. No lies. No pretty words and promises. She listened to him quietly, giving him the floor to render an explanation. She processed his words quietly, meeting his gaze as he went on. She’d watched him get wrapped up in his work before so it wasn’t hard to believe. She was always able to pull him back a bit and keep his head on straight. This time though he had dove so far down the rabbit hole that she couldn’t find him. He had been gone, just like that. Here he was though. He wouldn’t let him get away from her this time. No. That wouldn’t happen again.

She smiled as he reached forward to rub her arm reassuringly, his voice still soft and genuine. As much as she hated those contacts, she got lost in his gaze for a split second. Her heart would be a flutter if it still beat. She needed to compose herself and not let her heart get away from her, but she could help it. She had missed him so much and this moment felt more like a dream than anything else. She peered down at his heart as he moved his finger over it, but her gaze flickered back up to his rather quickly. Her smile brightened a bit and she giggled when he said that his heart was still good for remembering stuff. She listened to him further, just smiling as he went on.

Then he asked if she could forgive him. She didn’t even think twice. She didn’t have to. She wanted to hop off her stool and give him a big hug, but she didn’t. Instead though, she reached up and caressed his cheek. “Of course I forgive you.” She said softly, brushing his cheek with her thumb. “I’ve missed you so much Eli… So much.” She whispered softly, knowing he could easily hear her over the music playing softly in the background. “Just don’t do that again or I’ll drag you out of that little apartment of your like I should have done in the first place and make a fool out of you. Got it?” She said, gently patting his cheek a bit and dropping her hand from his cheek.

She was conjuring up some sort of response when something caught her attention. She saw the woman before Eli felt him, but it was too late to say anything because she was already coiling around him like a snake intent on taking its prey. He certainly hadn’t expected the feeling of a hand brushing up against his bare skin. There was a slight pang of jealousy, but she shoved it aside. She was just as shocked as he was about the situation. Who was this woman and what made her think she could just piss on every man who walked through her door? Well, she couldn’t have Eli. He was hers. Well, not officially or in reality, but he certainly did not belong to this Vampiress.

What was she supposed to say though? She had not a clue. She was just as speechless as the normally chatty man before her. After a moment, she was able to conjure up some words and she met the gaze of the dark-haired woman before her. “Yes. A whole week.” She said softly, reaching to take Eli’s hand and gave it a light squeeze. “I guess you just aren’t that important to him.” She smiled sweetly before looking up at him. She didn’t care if she had just ruined a relationship he had him culturing. She wasn’t about to let him slip through her fingers again.

Calix
PM
^
Eli Talon
 Posted: May 25 2018, 01:12 PM

New Account

Age // 302

Posts // 9

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Hawk

Species // Vampire

Calix + CMT -6 + She/Her

It was a relief to hear her finally speak up. She forgave him. A small piece of him was ready to accept the worst response. If he’d lost a friend, this would be the time that would make him learn to be more regal. Though Vivienne was the most forgiving person s\he’d known over so many years. Or maybe she knew he was a man and a fool and this was just one of many swats on the hand that she would give him?

Maybe. Even though he deserved far worse.

His smile didn’t really unleash until she made a joke of making a fool of him. She’d be the only one to know how, too. Vi usually knew what he was up to during his questionable appearances at parties, as he was always happy to make her an accomplice by telling her all the fine details for her to enjoy. At least after the fact anyways. He didn’t like to ruin the magic of his cons that easily. But just as she was willing to make a fool of him so easily, sometimes—albeit a small bit of the time—things didn’t go as planned.

This was their current situation.

Right when Eli was in the midst of begging for forgiveness to his oldest friend, feeling the most dreary and butt headed in his life—a situation he’d had stewing for weeks decided to call in the favor. Sherri was definitely here to collect, what with the way her hands claimed him before her mouth could announce her arrival.

Sherri Cherri ran this amazing vampire-friendly establishment. She had a great taste in decor and liquor and now men it would seem. Eli had been flirting (just a little ok) with her for weeks in hopes of finding out which vendor she used for her blood alternative. It was going to be the main glue for another deal he was far deeper into. He had other options for this, yes, but even getting her to sponsor part of the part could be useful for them both. That is if she wasn’t far more interested in sponsoring his cock at the moment.

“Sherri…” Eli said, trying to hold his annoyance in. He’d created this monster through his usual bit of lies. This was probably the most important conversation he’d have all week and now he had to deal with her. Though before he could put on his best polite smile, Vivienne spoke up. He’d been looking at her the whole time, apologetic, and probably looked just as surprised as Sherri did. His eyes fell to the hand that encompassed his own. Such a sweetheart, but also a viper. Eli couldn’t fight the grin that spread across his face. Even as the gentle touch beneath his shirt turned into digging claws.

And while that biting comment was sinking in, Eli chose that moment to break from her clutches. Pulling away from the new player on the board, he moved to brace himself on the bar behind Vivienne, wrapping around her slightly. He knew that Sherri wasn’t going to stir too much shit that he should be worried about Vi’s safety. His demeanor was calm…for now.

Sherri sized her up pretty fast, her face reading a sign of distaste. Seeing herself as the far superior build, the bar owner didn’t know why Eli was wasting his time with this one. Sherri looked like someone straight out of a tattoo magazine: Jet black hair, natural grey eyes, and tattoos for days. The maroon lipstick, set to a frown, contrasted beautifully with her porcelain skin. Busty and as slithery as a snake, Eli thought he had found someone in kind, but Sherri was far too thirsty for him, hence the game.

“Picking up random damsel’s now for a fix? You could have had me spread like toast—“

“Hello Sherri. Looks like you’re doing well I see. Such a grand greeting you’ve got there,” Eli said, tone still pleasant, but obviously more interested in getting back to his previous conversation.

“Oh, of course, my dear. I simply thought you had better taste in company. Especially given how long you’ve been petting on me. You could do so much better,”[/b] Sherri said, giving Vi a disgusted look.

[vampire]“I must have had you confused by showing up here so often. Gotta give everyone a solid chance, even those thirsting in a pool of water. Pardon me,”
a slight growl was in his tone, leaning across Vi’s shoulder. “You’ve caught me catching up with one of my oldest friends—“

“And so rude as to not even introduce me. You didn’t look like one to hang on to old trophies, Eli,” she returned, cleaning her nails. If she couldn’t have him, neither could Vi apparently. Eli was kind of confused by the sentiment, as he just said she was a friend.

“Vivienne, this is the fine owner of this establishment. It’s her private recipe your drinking. Out to turn us away from cannibalism,” his words even, trying to keep up his snark even now, but his eyes giving a threatening warning to Sherri—unheard of for himself. Normally interruptions were seen as an opportunity for alternative conversation. But not when he’s trying to save an important relationship that he fucked on. Not today, Satan. “She knows how to stick her foot in it, just as often as she sticks it in her mouth.”

That had her attention. Eli knew he had more than pushed the envelope there, but trying to insult his friend simply over wanting the D, he wouldn’t put up with. Eyes on the man of her previous affections, Sherri seemed surprised that he would snarl at her.

“As if you’d know what goes in there, with how much you wanted a certain something taken care of,” she made a nipping motion. Ah and the things he said to her previously were starting to edge out. Her gaze turned back to the woman in his protective hold. “You’re wasting your time on this one my dear. Hopefully, you haven’t had to wait a lifetime for him to get it hard.”

Phoenix
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates