Welcome to Faces in TheNight

Welcome to New York, home of the city that never sleeps. That couldn’t be more true. Recently, the Angels were shot down from Heaven and their wings were revoked by the Reapers. The race was disbanded, but now to step into their place are the Valkyrie, an ethereal race of warriors so seek justice for those who deserve it. With balance restored, the Demons have a worthy foe and continue their path of mischief and mayhem. Humans fight to be heard while Witches fear to be seen. Shape shifters are the outcasts of this world, but refuse to be put down. Werewolves claw to be at the top of the food chain, but Vampires are always plotting and scheming to be superior.

Welcome to a world where nightmares come to life. The day time isn't all that safe either. Who do you align with? Where do you stand in this crazy life? Or will you be just another face in the night?

Weekly Updates
Beginners Guide
The Night Market
Coming Soon
Demons
01 M
02 F
Humans
03 M
01 F
Reapers
00 M
02 F
Shape Shifters
03 M
03 F
Valkyrie
---
01 F
Vampires
03 M
01 F
Werewolves
04 M
01 F
Witches
03 M
04 F
Totals
17 M
15 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Breaking the Ice, valentine's event date!
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 05:18 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 55

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

Status // Single + Who Knows

Crayola + Eastern + She/Her

It's miserable and magical oh
We're happy free confused and lonely at the same time
Alexis had been sure that they would have sent them to some indoor rink, but she had been pleased to find that they'd gotten them skating at the Wollman Rink right over by the Central Park Zoo. In fact, it was a pleasant surprise that there was even somewhere outside open for ice skating!

She supposed it was still cold enough.

Any lessons that had been scheduled for the day had been closed, so the public was open to the public. Maybe the studio had pulled some strings and opened it up just so her mystery date and she could have a good time!

"Have you ever been ice skating?" she asked William as she tied on her giant ice skating boots. The blade on it looked positively dangerous. "I did a couple times when I was younger, so it's been a hot minute! It's gonna take some time to get used to it."

She'd tried to keep their introductions from being awkward, and she liked to think it was a success. They'd gotten the chance a little bit right before the show ended and they were rushed away for whatever reason.

He seemed even nicer than he had during the "interview". She had a bunch of questions she wanted to ask him, but figured it would be best not to ask them all before they started ice skating, otherwise they'd have nothing to talk about between bouts of falling down flat on the ice.

PM
^
William Locke
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 07:22 PM

Age // 54

Posts // 30

Rank // Lieutenant

Nicknames // Locke

Species // Human

Status // Widowed + Straight

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

His earlier belief in life that reality shows and game shows were missing the authentic aspect of any life situation they were portraying seemed to become a fact in a few fleeting moments. Locke had expected some kind of dramatic reveal of his chosen contestant yet he was instead rushed off stage, given a brief moment to meet her and introduce himself before being shipped off to their date.

Honestly, he would have enjoyed a longer first introduction. He heavily believed that first impressions were important. As it would go, his first impression of her was a good one. Not only had she been the more interesting, and let’s be honest, saner contestant, but she also turned out to be far more attractive than he had expected anyone on this show to be.

Now that they were finally given the time to interact, he was pleased that she still seemed interested in hanging out with him. ”As it so happens, I would go a couple of times every year to the Alexandra Palace ice rink with the extended family. I went a few times with my work colleagues too. Nothing funnier than watching a serious copper fall on his arse.”

Finishing the laces of his skates, he rose to his feet and gently spiralled around her across the ice, slowing to extend his hand to her. ”May I have this dance?” he asked with a warm charm to his words. ”You can hold onto me if it makes you feel safer” he added, noting that she had mentioned she may be rusty.

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 01:23 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 55

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

Alexis giggled and cinched up her laces, then she stood on wobbly legs and said, "Ooh, so you're like, a pro then. Lucky me!" Walking was easy, rollerblading was easy, so ice skating should be easy, too, right? She just had to remember how to do it.

She took a couple steps off the pavement and into the rink. She slid a little way out, her arms spread like an eagle—or raven, rather—and teetered. However, she was smiling and already having a ton of fun.

William glided around her like he was born on ice skates and she made an attempt to skate over to his outstretched hand, just barely making it before toppling over. She squealed in equal parts delight and surprise, grabbing hold of him and using his offered strength to pull herself back into a fully upright position.

"Okay, okay," she half-laughed, letting go of him with one hand. "I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. The memories are coming back. Like riding a bike!"

Though she was more than happy to keep holding his hand, but she wasn't one hundred percent certain that she wouldn't accidentally take him down with her if she fell. She smiled, checked her balance, then said, "Alright, I'm good. Let's dance!"

Everyone was making it look so easy—well, except for that one kid that just fell down, but he got back up and went right on skating. Her confidence was already growing.

PM
^
William Locke
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 09:02 PM

Age // 54

Posts // 30

Rank // Lieutenant

Nicknames // Locke

Species // Human

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

Locke laughed at the compliment, too humble to just take the kind words as some kind of truth. ”I like to think I could show up a few idiots who think they’re god’s gift to the ice but I’d hardly say I’m a pro. I just fall over a lot less than usual.” He didn’t have to reply. It wasn’t a question. It wasn’t even needed for the conversation but he felt he had to explain.

Her laughter was contagious as she stumbled and he was there in an instant to help her up. There was an honesty in the way she spoke and it did not feel like she was hiding behind a mask. The joy in that laugh was genuine. She was the kind of innocent soul that he was proud to protect and serve. She was the person he really did it for. All these years and he finally found a pure soul.

”Here we go. I feel I’m about to be hustled. Make me feel like a pro and perform the role of an amateur before humbling me with your beautiful dance moves. Is this how this is about to go down?” he teased, spiralling around her on the ice in a slow motion, waiting for the showdown to kick off. He could see in the way she moved that her balance was far better than she was letting on.

”In England, we have the royal ballet. In Russia, they have the Moscow ballet and I see here in America, they have ice ballet. I must warn you now. I’m might not be a pro on ice but I’m certainly a pro at ballet.” Pretending to dance some kind of awkward ballet, he waltzed around her, even doing a fake ballet spin with his arms above his head.

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 03:02 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 55

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

Grinning, Alexis did a small, wide circle. It was a little wobbly and probably more of an oblong oval, but hey she was doing her best. She laughed at his comment and said, "I wish! I'm not even that great at dancing when I've got regular shoes on."

She was gaining more confidence as they glided around the rink, but she wasn't about to leaping and twirling and doing all those things seen during those ice skating competitions.

"This is a lot more fun than regular skating, somehow," she remarked, her arms spread slightly when she hit a weird dip in the ice. She snickered and added, "Not as fun as flying, though. That will always be the bees knees. But I'm probably biased in that regard."

He showed off some of his moves and she giggled, trying to do the same twirl he'd pulled off with some success.

"You pulling my chain or did you used to dance ballet for real?" she asked, making a wobbly landing when she finally decided to try the tiniest of jumps. She ended up crouching low and gliding off in a random direction, nearly taking out some poor sap in the process, but at least she stayed on her feet.

That was what counted!

At least she remembered to apologize, shouting "Sorry!" at the guy who shot her an irritated look.

PM
^
William Locke
 Posted: May 2 2018, 11:57 AM

Age // 54

Posts // 30

Rank // Lieutenant

Nicknames // Locke

Species // Human

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

Locke was having a great time. She was so funny and full of life. When your life was spent looking at the mess left behind by the worst of the worst, it could be hard to see the light in life. The way she moved, the way she spoke, the way she felt things. He was jealous. To be that innocent in this world took some hard work. All he wanted was that happiness in his life.

”I suspect it’s the company that is making this so fun” he teased, gliding over to follow her trail of destruction. His gaze met the irritated skater and soon enough, the skater had scurried away. Locke’s hand brushed up to her side, placing her at his side as he glided along the outskirt of the ring. Locking his arm in place, he made sure to match her pace as they danced around the ring.

”You tell me. Do I look like a professional dancer?” he cryptically mused, letting her decide for herself. It had been some time since he had felt this happy. Sure, he had fun, just like anyone else yet he was feeling like this was a type of fun he had not had for some time now. It wasn’t like him to get too sappy. Maybe there was something more to that show than he had given them credit for.

Using a smooth spiral to place her in front of him, he raised his hand to her cheek, stroking it gently before placing a soft kiss on her lips. Locke wasn’t exactly the kind of man to beat around the bush. He needed to know if there was more to this or if she was just a new friend in this new homeland. They had joined a dating show, after all, so he was hopeful, if not oddly nervous.

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: May 14 2018, 03:13 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 55

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

Alexis giggled and relented, "Yeah, I don't know. I guess most professional dancers I see are all really pretty. Pretty men, pretty women. . . . Not that you're not attractive, just not pretty," she amended thoughtfully.

She didn't stop there, though. Oh no, she kept going.

"Like. . .like, experienced ruggedness. Like, you know. You could be the college teacher that has those chicks that are failing and they're like 'I'd do anything for an A, professor!' and they all know exactly what they're asking. That kind of good looking." She gave a sage nod of finality as if anything she had just said made any sense.

Hopefully, he wouldn't just take it as an insult because that wasn't her intention in the least.

He did a neat little spin to come up in front of her and she stumbled slightly when she tried to slow down. Luckily, she was able to keep her footing and grabbed a hold of him out of instinct to keep herself upright. She checked her footing, straightened up and -

And then he was kissing. She was taken aback slightly, but only for a heartbeat before she let herself give into the moment. Then, though, she was pulling away - her cheeks turned a modest color of rouge - and giggled.

A nervous, flustered sound, even to her own ears.

"You must think I'm a right tart," she said, adopting a strange southern bell accent complete with a demure wave of her hand, "kissing on the first date!"

PM
^
William Locke
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 04:45 PM

Age // 54

Posts // 30

Rank // Lieutenant

Nicknames // Locke

Species // Human

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

Well, that went better than expected. She didn’t flee at least. ”How’s that for a guy who is not pretty but is old good looking?” he teased, enjoying the teasing nature of her remark. He had been polite enough not to try to shove his tongue down her throat like some fuck boy would and he certainly wasn’t going to end the night with his dick propped up for some selfie. Standards. He had them.

”Trust me, my dear, kissing on the first date is tame for the youth of today” he continued to tease, raising a finger to stroke her blushing cheeks. How soft her skin felt. He could sense how nervous she was and all he wanted to do was protect her and make her feel like everything was going to be fine. After all this time, it was nice to find himself caring about someone.

Wrapping a hand around her back and taking one of her hands with the spare hand, he began to gentle dance a slight waltz, holding her close enough that they were embraced without her feeling trapped. ”There is a saying that a policeman always follows his gut and my gut says that you are a special young lady. I must admit I am enjoying myself here with you.”

It was difficult for Locke to express feelings sometimes. He felt like them like any sane person did but because of his work, he had learned to suppress his emotions when it was something out of the ordinary for him and right now, this was not his ordinary routine. He was not blind to the age gap yet it did not bother too much. This was a world where immortals dated centuries younger. What were a couple of decades?

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 08:19 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 55

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

William decided to try and lead her in a dance, but she hadn't the slightest clue what the steps were to a waltz. She did her best to just follow his lead and managed not to slice open any arteries with her skate blades, so she counted that as a win.

She also managed not to fall on her face, so, all in all, she thought she was having a pretty good night.

However, she did catch herself watching her skates more than anything else.

"Oh, well, don't expect anything more than first base, mister man," she teased back, falling back into a more familiar rhythm. Humor was how she coped with a lot of things. Things that didn't zip right over her oblivious head, anyway.

Alexis wasn't even really sure which base first base was. She ran through the ancient analogy in her head - first was kissing, second was groping, third was petting, and then the home base was . . . well, clearly going all the way. Yes, she was sure that was how she remembered it.

When he mentioned thinking she was a special lady, she giggled and gave him an errant wave. "Well, I do turn into a bird on occasion. You know, I was though one time that I could be a private eye and my private eye business would be called 'A Little Bird'."

Pause for effect.

"See, cuz then, people could say 'A Little Bird' told me and it would be like, a double entendre! Because I am a little bird and my business is called 'A Little Bird' . . . I'm a genius. I know."

Oh no, she wasn't deflecting at all.

PM
^
William Locke
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 08:33 PM

Age // 54

Posts // 30

Rank // Lieutenant

Nicknames // Locke

Species // Human

Dark + GMT (UK) + He/Him

Locke was happy and when he was happy, he was playful. It was the strangest side to him. Not because he liked fun. Everyone likes fun. But because he was so often wrapped up with his work and deadly serious that it didn’t seem like something he was into. This didn’t mean he was a dick to everyone. As it so happened, most people got on well with him. Just in a work kind of way.

”Perhaps you should remind me what first base is” he teased, kissing her lips briefly before moving back and continuing the dance. ”You know, back in England, some people call woman “birds” as well. So you’d be my pretty little bird.” The joke wasn’t missed though and he’d given it a genuine smile. He was enjoying her nervous humour.

”Perhaps you still could. There’s always a need for clever shifters in the police force and you could be a real asset to the force. You could be our eye in the sky.” Now he was full of jokes. Though he wasn’t lying. Her ability would be a massive help to them. Locke wished that more shifters worked for the police but it was human law at the end of the day. No one outside their species cared too much.

”I would never presume to push my luck with you so you can relax a bit. I’m very aware of how I’m the one batting way above his average. I work around the worst of the worst and I’m calm. But a date with a beautiful little bird?” Taking her hand, he lay it on his chest, where she would feel the manic beats of a nervous copper. Looking her in the eyes, he let her see it. All the nerves. All the anxiety. He let her see him without the mask.

Crayola
PM
^
Alexis Rivera
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 04:35 PM

Age // 25

Posts // 55

Rank // N/A

Nicknames // Lexi

Species // Raven

With a snicker, Alexis pointed out that, in fact, that kiss was considered first base. She figured that was the joke, but she was going to play along, anyway.

Ice skating was a lot of hard work, but Alexis was used to flying for long distances. That didn't require a whole lot of use of her legs, though, and she was started to get a little tired. Not tired enough to call it quits, but she was also feeling a little hungry.

Maybe should have eaten before this . . . .

Ah, she could wait. She was having fun skating.

"I also thought about being a reporter, too. Like, an investigative reporter. Lotta uses for someone who can look like your average every day black bird!" she said with a giggle. Anything inhuman would probably be able to tell the difference if they were paying close enough attention, but why would they need to pay attention to a single inconspicuous bird?

The baseball analogies continued and Alexis couldn't help but giggle at what she'd started. She let her hand sit against his chest for a second, then scoffed and said, "The only thing you gotta be nervous about is the fact that I've gotten my ice legs!"[b]

She pulled away from him suddenly and slid backwards, her hands clasped behind her back. [b]"Catch me if you can, old man!" she teased. Hopefully, this would relieve some of the tension from earlier.

notes; now featuring species-coordinate colors!

tag; Dark

words; two hundred thirty-nine

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Site Sisters
Open
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Open
RP Lovers Top RP Sites WIKIRP Shadowplay Topsites Forum Roleplay
Static Affiliates